Anyone want a white Scuderia | FerrariChat

Anyone want a white Scuderia

Discussion in 'Middle East' started by Tarek K., Apr 6, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Tarek K.

Tarek K. F1 World Champ

Sep 7, 2006
    Cairo - Egypt
    Full Name:
    Tarek K.
    #1 Tarek K., Apr 6, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I am currently in one of the Gulf countries and I stopped by a Ferrari dealer today who happens to be a very good friend of mine. They have a very nice new white Scuderia which they can sell for US$240k if somene is interested. They also have 2 other Scuderias, a red and a black.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. mseals

mseals Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Sep 9, 2007
    Kuwait
    Full Name:
    Mike Seals
    Beautiful car, Tarek...

Long time no see... hope you are well...

If you get to Kuwait, give me a call...

Mike in Kuwait

3. Hiper

Hiper Formula Junior

Sep 29, 2007
    Home
    Hi tarek,

You've got a PM!

4. Saudi_Ferrari

Saudi_Ferrari Karting

Sep 29, 2007
    Saudi Arabia
    Hi Tarek,

Is it a brand new?

If I want a 16M would they have one? if yes, how much?

5. Arvin Grajau

Arvin Grajau Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 7, 2006
    Wurundjeri man.
    Full Name:
    Arvin Grajau
  6. Tarek K.

Tarek K. F1 World Champ

Sep 7, 2006
    Cairo - Egypt
    Full Name:
    Tarek K.

It's a new Scuderia.

I can ask them about the 16M.

7. Tarek K.

Tarek K. F1 World Champ

Sep 7, 2006
    Cairo - Egypt
    Full Name:
    Tarek K.
    Got it..........sent you the reply.

8. Mbn

Mbn Formula Junior

Apr 18, 2004
    #8 Mbn, May 9, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Tarek sorry to ask but is your best friend name ends with a D?

also not sure if its the same car, but i just came from a long Ferrari Track day and drove a Similar Scud the entire day :D

funny thing i skipped all cars and just drove the 599 for few laps so i can decide which one to get.

and at the first corner i knew it....the Scud.

9. Tarek K.

Tarek K. F1 World Champ

Sep 7, 2006
    Cairo - Egypt
    Full Name:
    Tarek K.
    Many Arabic names end with a D ;)..............that Scuderia definitely looks very similar to the one in question.

The Scuderia is a great car, you will definitely love it.

Where are you writing from Mbn?

10. Mbn

Mbn Formula Junior

Apr 18, 2004
    yes its definitely a very well balanced car, the car just bonds to you specially on the track you direct ! she obey

i juts regret not looking at it when it first came out.

and im from Qatar.

11. 412monzaindy

412monzaindy Formula Junior

Mar 8, 2005
    Ontario Canada
    Full Name:
    PBI
    This is off topic but, my company has been awarded a contract in Kuwait, Were is a good place to stay?

12. mseals

mseals Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Sep 9, 2007
    Kuwait
    Full Name:
    Mike Seals
    PM Sent

Mike in Kuwait

13. hawaii1

hawaii1 Karting

Oct 29, 2005
    Is that the same Rolls Royce White or a regular white color like the other poster on his 16M?

14. Tarek K.

Tarek K. F1 World Champ

Sep 7, 2006
    Cairo - Egypt
    Full Name:
    Tarek K.
    I just arrived in Doha yesterday ;)............I'm staying at the Ritz Carlton. I will be staying for a few days. It will be a pleasure to meet up with you.

15. Tarek K.

Tarek K. F1 World Champ

Sep 7, 2006
    Cairo - Egypt
    Full Name:
    Tarek K.
    It's the standard Ferrari white.

16. Hiper

Hiper Formula Junior

Sep 29, 2007
    Home
    If that is the same car that was for sale at the dealer, then I'd guess it just probably lost 100,000dhs of its value since it had just been tracked.

Are they really required to have a "demo" Scud, as the dealer in Beirut stated?

17. Tarek K.

Tarek K. F1 World Champ

Sep 7, 2006
    Cairo - Egypt
    Full Name:
    Tarek K.
    It's the same car.

18. ross

ross Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 25, 2002
    houston/geneva
    Full Name:
    Ross
    does this car happen to conform to any other spec like euro or usa? ie apart from duty issues, can it be transferred anywhere?

19. Tarek K.

Tarek K. F1 World Champ

Sep 7, 2006
    Cairo - Egypt
    Full Name:
    Tarek K.

It definitely conforms to Euro specs. I have a friend who bought a Scuderia in the Middle East a few months ago, shipped it to Europe and now it's registered in Europe.

20. Hiper

Hiper Formula Junior

Sep 29, 2007
    Home
    Registration and homologation are two different things. Confirming to Euro specs might allow the car to be registered, but if the car is not built for that specific region (though they might be the same specs exactly), the warranty might not be honored.

Try importing a Euro car to the Gulf. No work will be covered under warranty. That being said, some parts of the M.E. such as Lebanon get Euro cars, whereas the Gulf gets GCC spec cars.

21. Tarek K.

Tarek K. F1 World Champ

Sep 7, 2006
    Cairo - Egypt
    Full Name:
    Tarek K.
    Warranty is covered for a Ferrari taken from the ME to Europe, it will have worldwide coverage except in the USA where the warranty will not be honored.........I know of several cars currently residing permanently in Europe. I even called Ferrari ME and asked them because I was planning on taking my Scuderia for 6 months to Europe.

22. marky1

marky1 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2004
    Full Name:
    Mark
    #22 marky1, May 19, 2009
    Last edited: May 19, 2009
    I think the warranty will be ok if the car does not go to the US. The warranty on non US cars is worldwide excluding USA. Th eonly point is these Mid East cars that are "Euro Spec" do not come any longer with an EU Cert of Conformity and in some EU countries that will be a problem, although it is a problem that can be overcome in most cases.

23. Hiper

Hiper Formula Junior

Sep 29, 2007
    Home
    Depends on what part of the ME you buy the car from. The Gulf dealers get Gulf spec cars, whereas the Levant (mainly Lebanon) and NA region get Euro spec cars. I think that due to the excessive heat that these cars run at here in the Gulf that they've done some additional tweaks/changes to the Gulf cars. This was confirmed to me by the Lebanon dealer, where I was looking into importing a car from there into the Gulf, but was warned that the warranty would NOT be honored in any of the Gulf dealers since its a Euro spec car.

If you buy a car from Egypt or Lebanon, you can take it to Europe and have it fixed under the warranty at any Ferrari dealer there.

24. Hiper

Hiper Formula Junior

Sep 29, 2007
    Home
    So they're EU spec cars but they don't conform to EU standards?! Would one of the problems that you might face be having a dealer refuse to cover any of the work under warranty? And if so, how would you overcome this obstacle?

25. marky1

marky1 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2004
    Full Name:
    Mark
    #25 marky1, May 19, 2009
    Last edited: May 19, 2009
    That's why I put it in inverted commas. Ok here is the situation as the Scud Tarek refers to bought from Eygpt was bought by me. It was supposed to be EU Spec. Like the Lebanon cars, Egypt cars came as EU Spec. However sometime in 2008 they started to receive Gulf Spec cars. When my car arrived it was Gulf Spec and had no EU Certificate of Conformity. However Ferrari Techinal Department gave me a sworn statement that the car was the same as a EU Spec. (That's what I mean by "euro spec" they conform to it, but are not actually official Euro Spec!) With this letter I managed to register it in Gibraltar. However, I think many other EU countries would not be so accepting of this kind of a statement from Ferrari. They would need to be SVA'd. With respect to the warranty, on my warranty book it says it is a worldwide warranty excluding North America. Remember this is on a Gulf Spec car. Given that is states the territorial limits of the warranty i don't see how a dealer could refuse to work on the car.
    If someone is interested in the car and the price is ok, registering it in Europe is not a huge problem. However you will have to pay Import Duty plus VAT. There are a load of Scuds for sale in Europe now and I don't see how it could be cheaper to buy a car in the Middle East and import it into Europe. The reason it made sense when I bought mine was because Sterling was 2.10 against the USD.