Anyone use Ghost Sheild -- Lithi-Tek 4500 Concrete Densifier plus Siloxa-Tech 8510 -- | FerrariChat

Anyone use Ghost Sheild -- Lithi-Tek 4500 Concrete Densifier plus Siloxa-Tech 8510 --

Discussion in 'Detailing & Showroom' started by Voda, Apr 11, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Voda

Voda Formula 3

Oct 10, 2013
    Seattle
  2. moysiuan

moysiuan F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2005
    Canada
    Looks very interesting, I would also be interested if anyone has used it, and whether it is a slippery surface or retains some of the natural concrete grip. Looks like 4500 is not as oil resistant as the 8510, not sure one would need to use both although it appears you can. I am looking at coating a natural concrete garage floor, and do not want epoxy for various reasons.

3. Voda

Voda Formula 3

Oct 10, 2013
    Seattle
    I spoke with the rep at the company, and the idea is that the "Concrete Densifier" (the 4500) increases the strength by 40%. The deep penetrating sealer is claimed to penetrate 6 inches and seal the concrete for ten years before another application would be needed.

4. Shaun Oriold1

Shaun Oriold1 Karting

Mar 21, 2008
    Burlington, Ontario. Canada
    Full Name:
    shaun
    This is kind of my business. We do custom garages ( floors and cabinets) usually with epoxy though. I can maybe help if you have questions. I've never used that particular product however. Usually densifiers are used when polishing, but can go on a floor to be sealed. The obvious downside is that being a clear coating, once the concrete cracks, it will be totally visible through the floor, and be untreated in that area. As well, spills need to be wiped up promptly. Also avoid acid cleaners on it, as it will dull any gloss it does have.

I would also not trust the 10 year warranty. The warranties are in an ideal world, where the homeowner maintains, and cleans their floor regularly. I would bet 5 years is a more realistic expectation.

5. Voda

Voda Formula 3

Oct 10, 2013
    Seattle
    Thanks for the input. Let me tell you what I'm after.
    Basically, I want a "working garage" that is low maintenance. I don't want epoxy, as I currently have 3 garages with epoxy and I don't like the upkeep to keep it looking good. Don't get me wrong, it looks incredible and it gets compliments.
    I want this new garage to be more along the lines of how the cement floor is at Costco, but I don't want to have to polish it like they do. I'm not going for a showroom type of look. This is a man's garage where I can lift up a car and do some work, but also would like it to be high end.
    What do you think the best way is to achieve this look and have low maintenance upkeep????

6. JimEakin

JimEakin Formula Junior

Jun 13, 2015
    Mountain Living
    Full Name:
    Jim
    I'm interested in advice here, as well, as I just bought a house and want to do the garage floor there. Thank you.

7. JimEakin

JimEakin Formula Junior

Jun 13, 2015
    Mountain Living
    Full Name:
    Jim
  8. Shaun Oriold1

Shaun Oriold1 Karting

Mar 21, 2008
    Burlington, Ontario. Canada
    Full Name:
    shaun
    A quick grind and seal will go a long way. Or try a urethane sealer. The prep will help a ton. Concrete guys want to finish a floor super smooth, so they'll trowel the floor to draw water up to the surface, and it leaves a soft creamy layer. The densifier works wonders when you grind the floor as it shaves off the creamy layer, and harderens the concrete below.

We did a condo with it once with the urethane. Its a super thin sealer ( 2-3mils thick) so the more coats the better, and you can build up the mil thickness, for durability. You can get it in a glossy, or a matte. Its pretty bulletproof for wear.

http://ghostshield.com/product/urethane-645/ . I'd use this one. Though I'm pro epoxy, and have it in my shop and home garage. I'd use this as a second choice.

9. Voda

Voda Formula 3

Oct 10, 2013
    Seattle
    Thanks for the input. I'm going to post another thread on a product a friend showed me tonight....like to hear what you know about it...by Monkey Bars