ANYONE THAT WANTS TO BUY OR SELL A FERRARI THE RIGHT WAY | Page 9 | FerrariChat

ANYONE THAT WANTS TO BUY OR SELL A FERRARI THE RIGHT WAY

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by Yellow Compass, Oct 8, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. steven t evans

Jul 24, 2020
    Arizona
    Full Name:
    Steve Evans
    Thank U Sir

2. PatrickCoop

PatrickCoop Rookie

Oct 16, 2020
    Full Name:
    Patrick Cooper
    Mike is great! I used him to purchase a Cali-T. The price, the process, the knowledge, the delivery could not have been better. I highly recommend Mike to anyone looking to buy a Ferrari. Patrick

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

Wazmo, climbernyc and whatheheck like this.
  3. jefftperry

jefftperry Rookie

Feb 16, 2021
    Powell, OH
    Full Name:
    Jeffrey T. Perry
    Mike is ‘one of those guys,’ who’s truly great at what he does. He helped me to find a 458, and he was able to coordinate a few modifications before delivery. It would be hard to overstate his passion for the brand, and he’s uniquely qualified to connect buyers and sellers. I wouldn’t hesitate to do business with Mike again, and I highly recommend giving him a call.

Jmhatch23, Wazmo and whatheheck like this.
  4. whatheheck

whatheheck F1 Rookie
    Owner

Mar 27, 2006
    Seattle, Wa
    Full Name:
    Dan L.
    Another highly satisfied customer.

Great job Mike!

Dan

5. cgt000

cgt000 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

May 2, 2014
    Northeast
    This is my 2nd transaction with Mike. He just sold my 612 and was extremely patient and attentive to my needs. Mike is a little out of the box. He calls you just to tell you he loves you and he sends text messages with so many heart emojis that my wife starts getting suspicious but at the end of the day he keeps his word, is beyond honorable and delivers.

whatheheck and Wazmo like this.
  6. GillDS

GillDS Rookie

Mar 12, 2013
    Boston, MA
    Full Name:
    Gill
    I called Mike on Monday to talk about selling my 2014 FF. My car was not a garage queen as it was my daily driver and I told him so. We spoke for around 15 minutes and I then went back to work. Mike calls back in 2 hours asks a few more questions and wants some pictures. He then discusses prices which sounding very reasonable. On Tuesday he advertises the car and by the evening (literally in 8 hours) it is sold for close to asking price. When he called me to start preparing the car for shipping I did not know what hit me as I expected a few weeks of back and forth. No PPI no nothing. On Wednesday the wire was in my account. From the the time I spoke to Mike to money in my bank it was less than 40 hours. No hassles, did not have to sit and respond to 100’s of calls and inquiries. Could not have been easier and smoother. It is Thursday now the car is still in my garage waiting for the transporter to pick it up and I still can’t figure it out how did a Ferrari sale happen so quick and to the number I wanted.
    Mike, thank you and yes, the next time I am in the market I will be working with you. I will miss your texts “Brother”.

7. eladoppel

eladoppel Rookie

Jan 30, 2016
    Stow, Ohio
    Full Name:
    Dale Leppo
    I called Mike about two years ago to talk about 612s. He told me a lot and he let me speak to his technician who filled in a few blanks. I ended up buying a new P-car instead but am now thinking of what comes next. Glad to read all of the positive comments here as buying a P-car was easy, but I will be looking for help if I get serious about a Ferrari. Happy 4th to Mike and all Ferrarichat members.

8. Ramydds

Ramydds Rookie

Jul 9, 2021
    Full Name:
    Raymond M Tash DDS
    I just bought the only 1999 355 GTS painted in white with 6 speed gates shifter with Michael’s help and it was the best car buying experience of my life. Mike was with me every step of the way and took care of ever detail.I am a client for life now and am looking forward to purchasing my next Ferrari with Mike.Thank you for being there for me and be well my friend.

9. whatheheck

whatheheck F1 Rookie
    Owner

Mar 27, 2006
    Seattle, Wa
    Full Name:
    Dan L.
    Another satisfied customer.
    Amazing!

Great job Mike!!!

Dan

10. Eric Bauer

Eric Bauer Rookie

Nov 2, 2020
    Full Name:
    Eric Bauer
    I tried to “go it on my own” and spent almost a year looking for my first Ferrari. I had no idea what I was doing (as evidenced by my earlier post on the wreck of a PPI I did for the first car I flew out to see). Working with Mike was night and day. He handled everything, checked in frequently, and was generally fantastic to work with. I’m looking forward to going through him for my next purchase, and I would highly recommend him to anyone.

whatheheck likes this.
  11. Spencer Hastings

Mar 15, 2019
    Full Name:
    Spencer Hastings
    Mike helped me with a purchase of F355 GTS recently and everything was perfect, experience, communication, and of course the car was exactly as described. Highly recommend his help in sourcing a car!

Yellow Compass and whatheheck like this.
  12. Jmhatch23

Jmhatch23 Rookie

May 23, 2021
    Full Name:
    Jason
    This beauty was delivered yesterday. Based on research on Fchat I gave Mike a call. He went to work immediately searching for what I was looking for. We had one picked out and after inspection Mike advised me to walk away due to needed work. We then landed on the blue spyder. Permanent smile looking at it, talking about it, and driving it. As my first super car purchase he walked me through each step including locating, inspecting, negotiating, potential pit falls, potential upgrades, and shipping. I would highly recommend talking to him if you are interested in purchasing a vehicle.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

whatheheck likes this.
  13. whatheheck

whatheheck F1 Rookie
    Owner

Mar 27, 2006
    Seattle, Wa
    Full Name:
    Dan L.
    Beautiful car!

Congrats!

Lots of info and very helpful people here so feel free to do a search and ask if you need help.

And great job again Mike! Another satisfied customer!

Dan

Yellow Compass and Jmhatch23 like this.
  14. Amiller

Amiller Rookie

Mar 20, 2016
    I'd like to take the time to write up my experience with Mike as it's been quite a journey. Have been considering a Ferrari for a while, and at 43 years old had a health scare of a close friend of similar age to finally push me over the edge and consider you only live once to make me decide to purchase.

I started the journey on ferrari chat 8 months ago, educating myself about different models, etc. I kept running into posts by a gregarious guy who liked to slightly over use the all caps method of describing his cars who other people kept referencing.

I actually saw this thread, started in 2018 with 9 pages of all positive comments and my first inclination was: this guy hired a bot service or guys out of India to create all these fake online reviews to pump himself up, much like is common on amazon.com with fake product reviews.

So I called to talk to him. His first words were "I want to find the car for you to make you happy," which is the opening line of every sleazy salesman in the world. For the next 7 months, I have realized in getting to know Mike and his crazy world of private jet rental, Ferrari sales and failed moves to Florida he really meant that.

I've probably spent a total of 6-7 hours on the phone over the course of probably ~100 phone calls going over different models, pricing, maintenance schedules, short term and long term costs. I initially was going for a Testarossa and he helped me test drive a few locally but (correctly and appropriately) ended up having me consider a 458 (which was my ultimate purchase).

Did he get me a steal? No. I entered the scene wanting an amazing deal - a Ferrari I couldn't lose money on that I stole from some unsuspecting, uneducated seller for $25k less than value. This is not what Mike will get you.

His job for myself (and also the seller) was education on the cheapest Ferrari can be the most expensive Ferrari. His role that I learned he played over the 6-7mo was to get me into a properly vetted car for a FAIR price for both myself and the seller. I wanted to pay (too low) $150, sellers want (too high) $200 - his job was to tell each of us we are out of our minds and get us to the middle, which is what he did.

There were many cars he made me walk away from or he ran across that he told me after the fact that he wanted to pass up. For me it was about education - seeing what he passed up and what price it was so when the right car came along both he and I knew it.

Long ago when Mike asked what color Ferrari I was interested in I said this line: I'll entertain anything but black.

Well, I ended up with a beautiful black/white 2012 458 and not because he talked me into something I didn't want - he educated me throughout the journey and when he found a car that did have black on the outside and amazing white interior with carbon fiber at every turn, but checked the important boxes of passing inspection but his guy (thanks Bruce of Maranello Autosports), being a year not known for problems, being a car I can fit in (I'm 6'5"), reliable, minimal maintenance costs and have good long term resale: I purchased it.

So, thanks again Mike for putting the time into me. the near 24 hour availability and 1am phone calls, 2 am text pictures and making me pass on "dead dick" cars.

Love my 458.

Attached Files:

• 1.jpg
      1.jpg
      File size:
      83 KB
      Views:
    • 2.jpg
      2.jpg
      File size:
      113.8 KB
      Views:
    • 3.jpg
      3.jpg
      File size:
      91.9 KB
      Views:
    • 4.jpg
      4.jpg
      File size:
      99.2 KB
      Views:
    JRE, Gh21631, whatheheck and 3 others like this.
  15. stvspdy

stvspdy Rookie

Dec 23, 2015
    Tallahassee, Florida
    Full Name:
    Steven Myers
    Beautiful car!!

16. nomayopls

nomayopls Rookie

Sep 20, 2021
    Full Name:
    Scatt
    Another happy (first time) Ferrari Owner

As a prospective first time Ferrari buyer, I was as excited as I was apprehensive about the purchase. What months of research taught me is that there is a lot I didn’t know. What I needed was a trail guide. Fortunately, I found my way to Mike.

I was very specific with him about what I was after – 355. GTS. Rosso Corsa over Tan. Had to have it. The guy works hard and makes himself available whenever – early morning or late at night. Throughout the search he stayed proactive in his communication, providing advice about the pros and cons of various options as they came up. And he brought options. He just knows where these cars are.

What became clear is that while Mike was committed to finding me the car I was looking for, more than that he wanted me to be happy.

And happy I am.

(Brief Epilogue – I was unlucky enough to get a flat tire on my first drive. I called Mike to tell him my sob story, but rather than just offering his sympathy, he sorted a solution. Within a few hours he had put me in touch with a mechanic he trusts in my area and by the next day, the tire was fixed and I was back on the road. Unreal.)

Amiller and whatheheck like this.
  17. whatheheck

whatheheck F1 Rookie
    Owner

Mar 27, 2006
    Seattle, Wa
    Full Name:
    Dan L.
    Another fully satisfied customer.

Great job Mike!

Keep up the great work.

Dan

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

18. HOF Ferrari

HOF Ferrari Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 22, 2007
    Canton, Ohio
    Full Name:
    AFG
    So here’s my story. Sold my 328 GTS a few months ago and was just looking, nothing specific, but anything that might catch my eye….saw Mike’s post on the TDF California for sale and kind of got that “feeling” about the car, the right pedigree, the right color, and the right mileage. So I texted Mike to discuss. He responded quickly, and answered all my questions, and what he didn’t know, he got the answer from the owner. This car wasn’t advertised anywhere else except on FerrariChat through Mike.

It took a few days to make the deal, Mike helped with that, got me what I think was a very fair price (great price), and was available to help with shipping also. He has also followed up a number of times when it was delivered, after I drove it a few times to see what I thought of it, and how I liked it.

I’ve had it for a week or so, love the car, and am happy I was able to buy a great car without dealing with a dealer, couldn’t have done it without Mike. Thank you!!

Gh21631 and whatheheck like this.
  19. HOF Ferrari

HOF Ferrari Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 22, 2007
    Canton, Ohio
    Full Name:
    AFG
  20. MOSS

MOSS Formula 3

Apr 28, 2004
    I agree, Mike has found and sold a couple for me. Very happy

21. ddrewesusa

ddrewesusa F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2021
    92,955,807 miles from the sun
    Full Name:
    Don Drewes
    I know this is long, but if you are looking at buying or selling a Ferrari, it may be worth your time to read this:

It's been quite a few months for me since I purchased my Ferrari and wanted to wait for a little time to go by to post this about my experience with Mike. I am brutally honest when it comes to evaluating purchases, consultants, and services that I procure. I really don't like the "initial" car buyers scoring by JD Power, what matters is how does that transaction feel now that time has gone by. A persons viewpoint changes as you get time with your transaction and what you review should not be influenced by initial feelings or worried about what the other person may think about your review. I have businesses and I am always ensuring that we provide our customers the absolute best products we can and a service level they expect. I am deathly afraid of having someone not having the best thoughts about what the businesses have provided them. And then, there are the guys out there that don't give a rats butt after they made their sale. In saying that, Mike was the absolute best professional I have EVER met in the car business, hands down, EVER. He is not actually in the car business, he is the "making the right choice" business and I will explain why I feel that way.

I deal with bullcrap sales people and consultants all the time, I have to, it's the businesses that I am involved in. When I realized that I knew NOTHING about Ferrari purchasing, ownership, and expected maintenance cost, I just kept reading and researching for awhile and then I felt even more overwhelmed over whether I was getting into something that I would get hosed on because I truly did not know who to trust. I was worried that I would get duped by some "flashy" pictures, from some fast talking salesman, from some "cool" looking volume reseller who would do what every darn used car salesman does, dump their crap on an unsuspecting purchaser. I was perusing FerrariChat for quite some time and used to see Mike's ads and say, Who is this guy? Crazy ads, short talking points in those ads, and they had a wild tagline and would get right to the point. Researching him, I came across some of the reviews in this thread (and I have read ALL of them), and decided to call Mike. I am EXTREMELY happy I did. After talking with Mike the first time, I realized (to me) that Mike makes his ads that way because he CAN. People know who he is and all he has to do is say the bullet points because people that are on FerrariChat know Mikes reputation and they don't need any more blah, blah, blah in those ads. It takes a lot of history with these cars to understand which ones meet your criteria and which ones are NOT for you. From my first phone call, I could actually hear he was not interested in selling me a car, he was more interested in finding out about me. About who I was, about where I come from, about what I expected out of a Ferrari, what appealed to me, what I cared about and if it was the right type of purchase for me. He was genuinely interested in talking to me then finding me a car. That mattered to me, it really did.

After a bit, our discussion came around to what did I envision as my first Ferrari, and told him I was interested in a 599. He told me that the 599 would actually be a great choice because of all the things that I told him (which now I know why he said that). I told him what color requirements I had and the vehicle condition and he told me right up front that it may take quite a while to come across, but if I had the patience, he would locate one for me. In the meantime I told him I was also going to put an ad on FerrariChat. Right after I posted the ad, a wonderful person messaged me and said he had the exact spec I was looking for and he may be looking to sell. I was very surprised because I had just posted the ad right after I spoke to Mike and the message came in right after. I called Mike and he did his magic. He put me in touch with the an incredible Ferrari master, Tony and Nelia at @Autohaus of Boston and they performed the PPI and they said the car was beautiful, concourse level and in perfect condition. I have another post in the New England section about that experience. Mike was always in touch with me and we would talk and text continuously. Many times, he would just call and ask if I was excited!!

Now, after the PPI was completed, Mike took care of the financial pieces for me. What was the car truly worth? What was the car truly worth to the seller? How could we ensure that I was happy and the seller was happy (which was important to me), which is not an easy thing to carry out. Mike did this beautifully and both the seller and myself received what we wanted. I was not looking for a "deal" and the seller wasn't looking to "give" the car away, but I also was not going to pay "out of market" and the seller was not the kind of person that would try to take advantage knowing I really wanted the 599. What Mike did for us was put together the "fair" value for both of us and that takes market experience. That's what Mike did for me and the seller.

Now, the purchase was earlier in the year and I have had the 599 for a few months now and it is in pristine condition, was a perfect example, and I would not have this masterpiece without Mike. I can keep getting more into the weeds about my experience and believe me there are many more pieces, but I think I will end that part and tell you that I TRUST Mike to ensure a fair deal, to NOT represent something that is not right, that when he says you should pass, then pass because that is not the right car for you. If you are thinking about buying a Ferrari or selling your Ferrari, please do yourself a favor and talk with him. If you are honest with him, he will do all he can for you.

Thank you Mike for making it happen for me.

Fv81587, whatheheck, PBT58 and 3 others like this.
  22. jjmalez

jjmalez F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 8, 2005
    Northern Illinois
    Full Name:
    Joseph
    And how many business majors can't figure this out?

ddrewesusa likes this.
  23. whatheheck

whatheheck F1 Rookie
    Owner

Mar 27, 2006
    Seattle, Wa
    Full Name:
    Dan L.
    Thanks for sharing Don.

Yes, Mike is the man.
    Talked with him only a few times but I now feel I found my long lost brother.
    He truly cares about people, does a great job on his profession and very highly regarded by everyone he comes in contact with.
    Why? He truly cares about people.

God bless you Mike. Keep up the great work buddy.

Dan L.

ddrewesusa likes this.
  24. novi

novi Rookie

Dec 21, 2015
    SoCal
    I have now bought and sold through Mike and experience was just as easy and smooth! Mike helped me sell the car within a day, all stress free and saved a lot of my time trying to sell on my own.
    There really is only 1 way to buy/sell a Ferrari, through Mike!

Thanks for all the help!

whatheheck likes this.
  25. whatheheck

whatheheck F1 Rookie
    Owner

Mar 27, 2006
    Seattle, Wa
    Full Name:
    Dan L.
    Another very satisfied customer!

Great job Mike!

Dan