ANYONE THAT WANTS TO BUY OR SELL A FERRARI THE RIGHT WAY | Page 7 | FerrariChat

ANYONE THAT WANTS TO BUY OR SELL A FERRARI THE RIGHT WAY

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by Yellow Compass, Oct 8, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Tomf-1

Tomf-1 F1 Rookie

Jan 17, 2004
    Leawood KS/ South FL
    Full Name:
    Thomas
    In my almost 20 yrs of membership here on Fchat, this is of the most consistently n lavishly praised testimonies to a sponsor from members. Kudos. I’ll call you later this weekend, Mike

Thomas

2. tjhutch

tjhutch Rookie

Jan 24, 2020
    Marietta, GA
    Full Name:
    Todd Hutchings
    I want to thank Mike for making my dream of owning my first F car. He is every bit of what he claims to be and I am proud to call him a friend.

My story started about 8 months ago with a goal to purchase a 458. After watching from the sidelines for some time doing my research and narrowing down my budget and specs it was time to put a plan in motion. I had seen many of Mike's posts and really questioned who he was. After reading all the positive comments (and those negative ones from narrow-minded people), it was time to reach out and see if Yellow Compass can help.

I like to think of myself as a good read of people, and the first conversation was more than I could ask for. The educational, confidence-building, and no BS approach Mike takes was all it took. I knew he was going to find the right car for me. Many months went by and I got the call I had been waiting for.

It was a Saturday and by Monday we had an agreed to deal with an unbelievable owner and car. The wire was made and the car was delivered across the country in flawless condition the following week. On top of all that Mike went out of his way to make several introductions to local enthusiasts and helped steer me in the right direction for insurance.

If anybody has any doubts....give me a PM and I will be happy to speak to you directly about Mike and his services or character.

Mike...thank you for all your support, guidance, and LOVE along the way!

Todd Hutchings

whatheheck and JCaspar like this.
  3. buddyg

buddyg F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 20, 2004
    West Michigan
    Full Name:
    Buddy
    Mike helped me sell my 458 spider. He is very knowledgeable and a straight shooter.

I would recommend Mike if you are looking to buy or sell.

Thanks Mike! I’m going to miss her but she’s going to a good home!

whatheheck likes this.
  4. Dino S

Dino S Rookie

Sep 10, 2020
    I recently bought a Dino 246S through Mike who has been a true professional in sourcing this car for me. He put in a lot of hard work and remained patient until we found the right car. I have nothing but good things to say about him and the way he stayed focused on the task throughout the 8 month period that we were looking for the this Dino. Thank you Mike and I will surely use you for my next Ferrari!

Yellow Compass and whatheheck like this.
  5. BAK

BAK Karting

Apr 14, 2007
    Novi, MI
    Full Name:
    Brian
    After 6 years of ownership I decided to part with my 430, I tried the usual ways....FB Marketplace and FChat, had lots of responses but no serious interest. Mike called and we talked and I decided to go with him. What a great decision! Mike called every couple of days to strategize, discuss how many views, what others were selling for, and in general where the market was. After just a short time Mike introduced me to a buyer who was genuine and knowledgeable. Mike left the 2 of us be to discuss the car and we struck a deal. The car is now on the way to the new owner and I have 2 new friends....Mike and the new owner! Mike has been Top Notch thru this process and I could not recommend anyone better. After loading the car on the transport I had this terrible feeling of I guess "Sellers Remorse" I mentioned to Mike this feeling and that I had a desire to buy another exotic, Mike asked what it was and while it wasn't in his "Wheelhouse" he said hold on and had a very knowledgeable Lambo Guy on the phone giving me a brief education on cars and availabilty while he was still on the phone. If you are considering buying or selling....give Mike a call!

climbernyc, NMNMNMN and whatheheck like this.
  6. NMNMNMN

NMNMNMN Formula Junior
    BANNED

Thanks Mike!!!

I can say without reservation that calling Mike for a pre-purchase inspection was the single best thing I did when buying my Ferrari this month. After speaking to him I decided against buying the car on my radar that I was requesting to be inspected.
    I then after a few phone calls (And 100 texts minimum some of them hilarious) bought a car (and an arguably better model) which he was assisting the seller with by listing it here on FerrariChat.

I know at this point if you are reading this recommendation you are thinking along the lines of “wow, Mike is a strong salesman, he switched that dude to the car offered he was involved with and made a sale”.

Well nothing is further from the truth. Mike did not push any sale and in fact just spoke the truth like the straight up guy he is. He treated me with friendship, respect and more importantly was there every single time I called and told it like it is. He was also open about what he does and his business. As a person who engages (usually reluctantly and with some trepidation) many salespeople and also as a person who managed a new car sales crew in my youth, I can say without question that Mike is the guy you want to do business with.

If everyone in the automotive trades were more like him the hobby would be so much more enjoyable.

Why would you listen to a recommendation from some guy with a few posts on FerrariChat you might ask yourself? Well, I am a sophisticated car guy, one of my best friends has been a Ferrari tech working on vintage and modern Ferrari’s for over 35 years. One of the cars he assembled won at Pebble Beach.

So I can offer this recommendation and the following statement with some gravity:

The truth is Mike’s marque knowledge is extensive and his grasp of the current market conditions is beyond immediate, his help proved invaluable in my decision. No question about it.

Also I am writing this recommendation because Mike is the hardest working guy in the Ferrari biz. Period. And because you could not ask for a better guy to help with your decisions (help is key word) and provide his services.

climbernyc and whatheheck like this.
  7. NMNMNMN

NMNMNMN Formula Junior
    BANNED

Also THANKS BAK!!
    I love the car!

8. Rabudz40

Rabudz40 Rookie

Jan 28, 2018
    Full Name:
    Drew
    Let me start by saying Ferrari Mike is the man! I’ve been a member here for a few years just waiting for the right time to buy my first Ferrari. I called Mike about a year ago to introduce myself and get a feel for how he could possibly help. Our conversation went well so we stayed in touch. I recently had the opportunity to make my first purchase so Mike was the first person i called. Within a week he had a 458 Spider for me to look at. My wife and i flew up to Michigan to check it out, the seller picked us up from our hotel, Mike worked a deal over the phone, and we drove it back to Texas! Dream come true! I feel I got a great deal, the seller is an F Chat Member who was a pleasure to work with as well. I couldn’t have asked for a better experience. The car is currently at Boardwalk Ferrari being detailed and serviced. I can’t get the call soon enough to pick it up! Thanks again Mikey!

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

buddyg and whatheheck like this.
  9. Aaron P

Aaron P Rookie

Nov 18, 2017
    Owning a Ferrari is an incredible experiencing but buying and selling them can be a headache. Mike has been a huge help on both sides of that process and I'd definitely recommend anyone in the market reach out because he is a valuable resource.

whatheheck likes this.
  10. climbernyc

climbernyc Karting

Aug 15, 2020
    Full Name:
    Eric
    What can I say about Mike? I just completed the purchase of my first Ferrari, a 550. Mike reached out to me when I posted my desire to buy a 550 on the board in September. He has educated me, coached me, helped me to remain balanced, looked at the details on every car I found, and told me when to walk. He did not have a car for me, yet was extremely generous with his time and counsel. He’s real, no BS and an honorable human being. I now consider him a friend, a bonus I never expected when I began this journey. His love for helping people is genuine. Thank you, Mike!

whatheheck and Wazmo like this.
  11. whatheheck

whatheheck F1 Rookie
    Owner

Mar 27, 2006
    Seattle, Wa
    Full Name:
    Dan L.
    My exact same experience with Mike.

Thanks for sharing.

Dan

12. rdcrdc

rdcrdc Rookie

Sep 7, 2020
    Full Name:
    ravi c
    I want to thank Mike for helping me purchase my very first Ferrari. He is a consummate professional and trusted advisor

I have been eyeing the 328 from the sidelines for over a year, attempting to do my own research and reviewing specs. I finally spoke to a family member who had worked with Mike. He advised me that I truly don't know what I don't know, and that I need to contact Mike before I do something stupid.

Mike provided a white glove experience. Once he had a price with which to work...he found me a car in ONE WEEK. The car was then expertly serviced by his team. It was delivered to me 6 weeks after our initial discussion.

The car drives flawlessly. My first few days of ownership, He was a phone call away in guiding me about the nuances regarding operation of the automobile.

I HIGHLY recommend Mike if you are in the market for a Ferrari.

RDC
    Memphis, TN

whatheheck and Wazmo like this.
  13. whatheheck

whatheheck F1 Rookie
    Owner

Mar 27, 2006
    Seattle, Wa
    Full Name:
    Dan L.
    Thanks for sharing.

Yes, Mike is an amazing guy.
    I had nothing but great experience with Mike.

Highly recommended.

Dan

14. rngssw

rngssw Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 30, 2017
    Illinois, USA
    I just want to thank Mike and Kevin for all their help getting my first Ferrari. They and their mechanics discussed with me about the conditions of a 599 that they had, both good and bad. We made a deal with work to be done before delivery. Everything was as described when I received the car. No surprises. I will definitely use Mike and Kevin again to buy or sell a car.

Thank you again for everything!
    Raymond

whatheheck likes this.
  15. G8TD

G8TD Karting

Apr 25, 2004
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Joe
    I wanted to leave a review for Mike Berman at Yellow Compass Supercars. I contacted Mike a few months ago to let him know that I was ready to purchase my first Ferrari. I had a good idea of what I wanted. I told Mike that I wanted Rossa Corsa 360 Modena with a manual transmission. Mike told me it might take a little while to find the right car. Mike stayed in touch every few days to update me on the search. After about a month, he let me know that he had located an excellent example of what I wanted. It took a few more weeks before I received the car (with new tires installed-due to the age). The car looked beautiful when it was delivered via enclosed transport.

Unfortunately, the Check Engine Light illuminated the same day that I received the car. I contacted Mike and told him about the situation. Within an hour he had located and spoke with a Ferrari Tech that has their own shop in Houston that agreed to look at the 360 that same day. The minor issue was diagnosed, parts ordered, and my car has now been repaired. I’ve been very happy working with Haris at H&S Motorsport in Houston. Mike took care of the repair and even offered to take the car back if I was not happy. I am happy with the car! The previous owner, an F-Chat member, took very good care of the car…which I certainly appreciate.

Mike is a no BS guy and did what he said he would do. As a buyer, I would have never found this car (unadvertised, as far as I know). The way he handled my immediate concerns when the car arrived with an issue says a lot. When I make my next purchase I will call Mike Berman. Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

16. HtownFcar

HtownFcar Rookie

Dec 4, 2020
    Houston,TX
    Full Name:
    CCO
    Wow, just stumbled on this thread...amazing,Mike seems to the unicorn of car sales guys
    Guess I’ll give him a call

climbernyc likes this.
  17. Zeus 1

Zeus 1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 12, 2015
    Lost Wages Nevada
    Full Name:
    Bill Z
    Just completed my second transaction with Mike. Return customer says it all. He is nuttier than squirrel turds, but you just have to love the guy. He gets it done with a heavy dose of humor. Thanks Mike, catch you on the next one.

dweintra, HtownFcar and G8TD like this.
  18. rotate

rotate Rookie

Jan 6, 2006
    #168 rotate, Dec 18, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 18, 2020
    I'd like to sincerely and effusively thank Mike for the outstanding, transparent, painless, and enjoyable (yes genuinely) treatment I received selling my 458 with them. I've bought and sold ~25 cars now and have never interacted with anyone better.

Mike got back to me immediately after I first reached out, gave me a very accurate range for a real number, and levied absolutely zero pressure on the situation. He explained the market, qualified and quantified his opinion, heard me out, and respectfully and thoughtfully responded. Moreover, as a true car nut, he endured my loquacious bent and was happy to talk about all manner of car nerd stuff on the phone. Likewise, he made it easy as hell to feel super confident about my next steps, helped with a trade in process, and was trusted advocate as part of a tough emotional decision for me. He has serious car knowledge to boot.

Bottom line, he knows his **** and he knows that a lasting relationship comes down to the veracity and reliability of your word--and as I will happily attest to anyone, Mike's word is gold. I kept apologizing for taking so much of his time (I'm an analytical pain in the ass and needed a lot of sound-boarding) and he wouldn't hear of it, kept saying not at all and this is what his does. If I was selling my cream puff LaFerrari and not a used 458, I wouldn't have imagined getting so much help and time from anyone in this business.

Mike is the antithesis of the ****ty sales guy we all know. After deciding to go for it, we had a buyer for my Ferrari inside of a few hours, no BS, all transparent, easy and clear at a WAY better price than the dealer was willing to pay. He helped me into the next car with zero issues (a Lotus no less!), and he made me feel great about the whole thing. But more so he talked me through everything, and in the last two weeks of calls with him I consider Mike my friend and fellow car nut, not my "broker/sales guy".

I will not buy another car without speaking to Mike. Period. He's the real deal and the accolades are more than deserved.

Thank you Mike, sincerely, and a happy, healthy holiday to all.

Best,

Jason

whatheheck and MWHC4S like this.
  19. randy1

randy1 Rookie

Nov 30, 2020
    Mike at Yellow Compass is just awesome. Straight forward, very generous with his time, knowledgeable, business savvy, and well networked.

I let him know I was in the market for a Testarossa. He was extremely helpful - guiding me on how I can optimize my purchase, letting me know what expert questions I should ask, connecting me with trusted parties (techs, dealers, etc.) in the market, and so forth. He later presented me a couple good options that weren’t listed publicly. They were great cars that ticked the boxes I was passionate about (above the basics of price, miles, model, etc.). After some thinking I said I was ready to buy one of his options. Yet Mike with his honesty recommended I should play the field more as he wanted me to get the right deal and the right car. As those options weren’t going anywhere I said fine. Suddenly through my research the exact type of deal & car came up which he suggested I wait for. He was happy for me and helped me through that with nothing to gain! Respect.

The reason I’m posting is 1. As a thank you in return, and 2. because I did buy a Capristo from him. I will do business with him again in the future.

I’m a long time reader who has newly registered. I’m happy to speak to members who want a reference. Send me a note and I’ll draw from experiences as a customer to compare his work with other people selling Ferraris and parts. Mike’s is definitely one to do business with.

By the way I’ve found a number of people in the Ferrari community to be helpful, transparent, and all around good folks. Thank you and let’s keep it up :).

whatheheck likes this.
  20. maxpower2913

maxpower2913 Rookie

Dec 21, 2020
    Full Name:
    J Angle
    I'm new to this site for posting but have kicked around here for a couple years. Now i am in the position to buy and I find it's completely shocking there is someone like this to help with the buying process. Just the thought of it has kept me from buying something else, seeing how is be likely buying from far away from here in NS. Will be contacting him soon

21. JohnTz

JohnTz Karting

Jun 21, 2018
    Inverness, IL
    Full Name:
    John Tz
    I want to thank Mike for selling my 488. I was a simple, honest and quick process. Highly recommend Mike. He knows what he is doing. Call him, you will enjoy the conversation as he is a funny character as well :)

22. Snaponjackson

Snaponjackson Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 19, 2018
    INDIANAPOLIS INDIANA USA
    Full Name:
    Chris Jackson
    Just had to post one here to give Mike his due praise. I am in the process of trading my 812 superfast for a GTS soon to arrive. So I call Mike just to let him know my 812 is available and he says ''hold on my brother let me make a couple calls'' and 15 minutes later he calls back and saysit is sold. I can't freaking believe it. Mike is the man!! If you ever need any help buying or selling one of these cars you need to give Mike a call. You won't be disappointed. Image Unavailable, Please Login

Sent from my SM-G781U using FerrariChat.com mobile app

23. mkraft3003

mkraft3003 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 20, 2016
    Tampa, Fl
    I wanted to add my comments on Mike. I had my Pista on consignment at the dealership while waiting for my new car to arrive. The dealership put it on the showroom floor and listed it on every internet site. It sat for the last 40 days without any movement or offers at all. I’ve been following Mike’s ad for years now and figured let me give him a shot. Well within 1 week he was able to sell the car and for the exact price I was hoping for. He was able to do what the dealership/internet was unable to. He is a magician when it comes to buying/selling Ferraris. Mike is an absolute joy to work with but also a true professional. Not only does he care about getting the deal done but he cares about you as a person. If you are ever looking to buy or sell a Ferrari Mike should be your first and only stop. I highly recommend Mike Berman and he is the man!!!!

24. MexicoBlue

MexicoBlue Rookie

Nov 5, 2006
    Little Rock, AR
    Full Name:
    Russ
    Mike is the best, bar none. I wish I had met him forty years earlier, when I started buying exotic cars.

I will never buy or sell another Ferrari using anyone else. His knowledge is incredible, his honesty is beyond reproach, and his attention to detail, and taking care of whatever needs to be done, simply can't be beaten. You know exactly what you are getting, he knows exactly what is out there and what they're going for, and it's a complete no bull approach. He treats you like you are entering into a long term relationship with him, rather than like someone who is trying to sell a car and make a quick buck. It is a refreshing, and totally different, approach.

I can't imagine anyone not being thrilled buying or selling a car using Mike. Who would not want to deal with someone with his knowledge and integrity? Best car buying experience I've ever had in my life. Here's to the beginning of a beautiful friendship.

whatheheck likes this.
  25. whatheheck

whatheheck F1 Rookie
    Owner

Mar 27, 2006
    Seattle, Wa
    Full Name:
    Dan L.
    I agree, Mike is the man when it comes to buying and selling exotic cars.

I've never met anyone more passionate on helping others achieve their dream cars come true.

Super nice guy, super helpful, super friendly with super high integrity.

I too highly recommend Mike.

Dan