For Sale - Anyone looking to purchase a Mondial QV? | FerrariChat

For Sale Anyone looking to purchase a Mondial QV?

Discussion in 'Ferraris' started by ssrealty, Nov 9, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ssrealty

ssrealty Formula Junior

Sep 12, 2010
    Austin, TX
    Full Name:
    Chris Warren
    I am thinking of selling my 1985 Ferrari Mondial QV. Have done extensive work on car. Drove to Mondialpaloozo in PA in 2013. Mechanically sound. It is a driver- interior is worn, and there is a rip in top when I purchased car years ago. I am third owner. Car has new pillars, Dave Helms fuse box, updated cooling system, and 348 wheels. Have extensive service records. Serviced my Moorespeed and Brian Crall in Austin. Below is a video link:

Did not realize I had key in ignition the whole time with background buzzer noise. Have driven a few hundred miles since video. PM me if interested.

2. PV Dirk

PV Dirk F1 Veteran

Jul 26, 2009
    Ahwatukee, AZ
    That's a bummer, hearing crickets. Maybe everyone has gone away. Good luck with the sale. I expect mine will go on the market before too long as well. Yours will be a great car for someone. It appears to have all those qualifications I look for, regular use, proven history, ready to go. The top is a bummer but that is where they tear. I think I spend about $1200 for mine installed, but who drives these in the rain besides me? :) And I've been watching the prices of old fiats get silly, this is still probably one of the great exotic bargains if not the best exotic bargain available. My mechanic recently talked about his love for the Mondial and he said nothing against the 3X8's but he really likes driving the Mondial as a whole experience car. Good luck!

3. srephwed

srephwed F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 29, 2012
    street,md
    Full Name:
    fred brown
    550 for top. 700 install so mine was the same. I will say the guy did a fantastic installation and I hillbillyd the length of the links on the latches and I can now put it up and down myself. I used to put it down in the summer and leave it which is bad for the window. Now I put it down and put it back up at the end of the day. Sad to hear you may sell. I believe the Mondial is the best Ferrari bang for buck going and you have a beautiful car.

4. Howard77

Howard77 Rookie

Nov 17, 2017
    Full Name:
    Howard Megi
    Looks great, how much is your asking price

5. SaratogaCA

SaratogaCA Formula Junior

Sep 11, 2016
    Saratoga, CA
    Full Name:
    Sam T.
    What exactly do you mean y "hillbillyd the length of the links on the latches?"

I would love to put the top up and down at the end of each day of use, but I typically put the top up once a week or so. If it was easier to put up and down, I would do it daily.

6. ssrealty

ssrealty Formula Junior

Sep 12, 2010
    Austin, TX
    Full Name:
    Chris Warren
    Asking $27,000

7. thecarreaper

thecarreaper F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 30, 2003
    Savannah
    Pics will help it sell. I cannot see the video unless I am at home. Just FYI.

8. Howard77

Howard77 Rookie

Nov 17, 2017
    Full Name:
    Howard Megi
    Wow! good deal...am thinking about it thanks for replying

9. Howard77

Howard77 Rookie

Nov 17, 2017
    Full Name:
    Howard Megi
    Saw this (link below)... thought i post it for awareness....not sure what to make of it. Red-flag for me so, i did not bother to research. see link
    https://www.autoauctionmall.com/auctions?q=ferrari%20mondial&dF[0]=make.name&dF[1]=model.name&dF[10]=location_city_state&dF[11]=extFilters&dF[2]=hierarchical_vehicle.lvl0&dF[3]=hierarchical_vehicle.lvl1&dF[4]=title&dF[5]=vehicleType&dF[6]=bodyStyle&dF[7]=saleType&dF[8]=saleTypes&dF[9]=single_location&f[0]=current_bid&f[1]=odometer&f[2]=year&idx=prod_aam_auctions&mVPF=100&p=0&nR[start_date_timestamp][%3E=][0]=1511508733

Then I get this email (below)

Jack Tadeus Hersztek

1:45 PM (12 hours ago)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    to me
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Hi,

Due to the high volume of internet scams, I give you the chance to receive the car at your home address BEFORE i receive my money for it. I appreciate your interest but I want to let you know that the car is located in Poland. I purchased the car in US and I moved to Europe, in Poland the law is different recording the registration of a vehicle that is outside of Europe, it is expensive and difficult to register this car in Poland, this is the reason of selling. Instead of letting it sit in the garage I've decided to sell it at low price.
    I can ship the car to you, also I can be responsible for the transport cost and you'll pay after inspection. The car looks and runs fantastic! Within 19 days you will get the car and you will have a period of 2 days to inspect the car and when the inspection period ends, if everything is fine you can make the payment.
    CLEAN TITLE IN HAND, NO LIENS OR ISSUES!

PLEASE SEND ME YOUR PHONE NUMBER SO WE CAN TALK ALL DETAILS OVER THE PHONE.

I'm looking forward to hear from you soon. Image Unavailable, Please Login

1980 Ferrari Mondial $13,100

Image Unavailable, Please Login
    Jack Tadeus Hersztek <[email protected]>
    to me
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    PICS ATTACHED !
    Still for sale.
    Garage kept.
    No accidents.
    Clean title.
    Where are you located and how about payment ?
    Loan at the bank ?

Thanks
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Unfortunately I could not post the pics he sent me in an email, but the pics are the same car as the one at the auction.

10. Russ Gould

Russ Gould Formula 3

Nov 8, 2004
    Not following these posts. Link does not bring up any Mondial. Are you saying the OP and the guy in Poland are the same guy? Not the same car.

The Polish deal is some kind of scam. No doubt you have to wire a deposit and that's the last you will see of that money, or hear of the car.

11. Russ Gould

Russ Gould Formula 3

Nov 8, 2004
    The only Mondial on that vehicle auction site is that hideous body-mod 89 red T cab that has been offered for sale for some years now. It's not the same car as the OP's car.

12. Howard77

Howard77 Rookie

Nov 17, 2017
    Full Name:
    Howard Megi

Not sure if the OP is the same guy however, the car pics are the exact same. Furthermore, this car is on several different auction websites and no one/ representatives can give any good information on it.

13. godabitibi

godabitibi F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 11, 2012
    Papineauville, Quebec
    Full Name:
    Claude Laforest
    Chris Warren the OP (SSREALTY) is the real owner. I was also at Mondipalooza and met him and the car. And if I remember correctly his daughter too. He drove the car from far and it seem to be in very good condition by memory. This present sale thread is not a scam.

14. 2cam

2cam Formula Junior

Aug 28, 2014
    Austin, Texas
    Full Name:
    MikeS
    Agreed! Howard77, thanks for your concern, but you should delete your remarks from this ad. It's causing too much noise for the seller. This car is REAL and is being sold by a REAL seller in Austin, Texas. It's legit.

If you're unable to edit or delete your remarks at this point, perhaps one of the admins can assist...

2cam

15. NeuroBeaker

NeuroBeaker Advising Moderator

Oct 1, 2008
    Huntsville, AL., USA
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    If he found the scam postings elsewhere on the web, other buyers may have done as well without commenting here.

As you're correcting the story and vouching for the seller here, it's valuable to know that this thread is the genuine advert for this car. I could remove the posts, but I don't think that would do Chris any favors amongst those who don't already know him - quite the contrary. They are probably better left intact so that folks will know that if they are interested in this car that this is where they should enquire about it and not via one of the scam postings elsewhere.

All the best,
    Andrew.

16. godabitibi

godabitibi F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 11, 2012
    Papineauville, Quebec
    Full Name:
    Claude Laforest
  17. godabitibi

godabitibi F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 11, 2012
    Papineauville, Quebec
    Full Name:
    Claude Laforest
    #17 godabitibi, Nov 25, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 25, 2017
    For potential buyers, look at Topsonline.com for new seats. The pictured one is mine done by Vic. Show quality work at reasonable price. I'm not affiliated with him I'm just a very pleased customer that dealt with him more than once.

18. Howard77

Howard77 Rookie

Nov 17, 2017
    Full Name:
    Howard Megi

Ok thanks for letting me know, will do

19. Howard77

Howard77 Rookie

Nov 17, 2017
    Full Name:
    Howard Megi
    I meant to mention/ point out another car that I was looking at, as a possible scam. Did not meant to cause confusion with this legit seller. I knew that the seller in TX was good

20. fossilfuel

fossilfuel Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 21, 2011
    Austin TX
    Full Name:
    Mark H
    I know Chris, too. He is a real person and a nice guy. He has poured a lot of love and money into this car and owned it for a long time.

-mark (aka fossilfuel), austin, tx

21. Springcreekpete

Sep 25, 2013
    A few questions: Can you post some pics of the interior? What's the condition of the dash under the pad? Trying to get a sense of the work required here. Also, was the last major completed in 2010? And what was the resolution to the engine problems you experienced back in August? Many thanks!

22. rdamfr

rdamfr Rookie

Jul 17, 2018
    New Braunfels, TX
    I haven't noticed any messages since November 2017. Is this car still for sale? Thank you in advance for your reply.

23. Hank Bauer

Hank Bauer Rookie

Aug 23, 2018
    Full Name:
    Henry Bauer
    Is this car s