Anyone looking for that "Man was meant to fly" poster? | FerrariChat

Anyone looking for that "Man was meant to fly" poster?

Discussion in 'Texas' started by GrigioGuy, Mar 8, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. GrigioGuy

GrigioGuy Splenda Daddy
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 26, 2001
    E ' ' '/ F
    Full Name:
    Trailer Swift
    #1 GrigioGuy, Mar 8, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Saw this on craigslist. No affiliation, etc.

http://dallas.craigslist.org/sdf/art/1065968561.html

Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. lotusdude

lotusdude Karting

Jul 31, 2008
    Fort Worth TX
    Full Name:
    Jake Miller
    I like it, emailed the guy, I need more pictures for my hangar walls!
    thanks for the lead tillman-
    jake

3. AnotherDunneDeal

AnotherDunneDeal F1 Veteran

Jun 2, 2003
    N.Richland Hills, Tx
    Full Name:
    James Dunne
    Are you ready for this? Last week I was in a Goodwill Superstore on Rufe Snow in North Richland Hills looking through the auction case to see if there was anything I wanted to bid on. I looked through the pictures and found the one above,,,,,,,,for $5 and a framed print of the same size of a 288 GTO, for $3.

I had the "Man Was Meant to Fly" poster on the wall of my office at FoD on 75 and always wanted another one after my exit from Ferrari. I could not believe I found those two framed prints for $8. Now I have the two of them on my office wall at a Tom Thumb supermarket. Not pictures of asparagus spears and heads of lettuce but things really appealing.......

If you look on the very bottom of the "Man" poster it has "Classic Ferrari", address and all....Cool......

russellmcg likes this.
  4. lotusdude

lotusdude Karting

Jul 31, 2008
    Fort Worth TX
    Full Name:
    Jake Miller
    damn! thats a steal! I did meet up with the guy yesterday and picked the picture up. Your right it still does have the classic address on the bottom. Story he told me was that years ago he wanted to buy a ferrari and he wanted to see if he could fit in one so he went down to classic and tried (the guy is over 6'3") and he ended up buying the poster on his visit not a ferrari. I love it. It has found a good home out here at the airport.

5. AnotherDunneDeal

Jun 2, 2003
    N.Richland Hills, Tx
    Full Name:
    James Dunne
    Cool. Mine has the red frame just like the one that was in my office there. The office was the one in the back of the showroom. I could not believe that after all these years I would run across one in a Goodwill. I have a limited edition 360 spider picture that is 1 of 4 done. It is really interesting. It has the 360 sideview in the center of the picture. It has a hazy purple background and has an interior view, shiftknob, key, engine view through the rear cover and a few other things in the background. I love the picture. If I can get a photo shot of it I will post it on here. I have not seen another one like it.......

6. lotusdude

lotusdude Karting

Jul 31, 2008
    Fort Worth TX
    Full Name:
    Jake Miller
    You see any more deals let me know I need a few more decorations for my ferrari dedicated area of the hangar!!

7. AnotherDunneDeal

Jun 2, 2003
    N.Richland Hills, Tx
    Full Name:
    James Dunne
    Jake,
    How long have you had your 355? If not too personal, where did you get it? Just wondering if I might have any connection......

8. GrigioGuy

GrigioGuy Splenda Daddy
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 26, 2001
    E ' ' '/ F
    Full Name:
    Trailer Swift
    Glad you got it Jake.

Hang on to it, it's a collector item.

9. 96cobrakid

96cobrakid Formula Junior

May 24, 2004
    St. Louis, Mo
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Oh man I have been looking for this for a special reason for a while! PM sent

10. 19633500GT

19633500GT F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 9, 2010
    Blueberry
    Full Name:
    Muffin-Tops