Anyone know this car? | FerrariChat

Anyone know this car?

Discussion in 'Boxers/TR/M' started by A12pilot, Apr 22, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. A12pilot

A12pilot Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 11, 2018
    DFW
    Full Name:
    Dave
    https://www.gatewayclassiccars.com/ATL/1117/1988-Ferrari-Testarossa

I’m thinking of looking at this since I’ll be in Atlanta Sunday on a long overnight. It’s not too far from the hotel and they’ll come and get me.

Anyone maybe know the history on it? Thoughts on what to look for? Just starting down the Testarossa road !

cheers
    Dave

2. OptimusPrime

OptimusPrime Formula Junior

May 10, 2011
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Tom
    Don’t know the car but the drivers side front fender is not aligned quite right and hood gap is too large. Something looks off.

3. A12pilot

A12pilot Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 11, 2018
    DFW
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Good eye, definitely warrants a closer look at things.

cheers
    Dave

4. Steve Magnusson

Steve Magnusson Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jan 11, 2001
    30°30'40" N 97°35'41" W (Texas)
    Full Name:
    Steve Magnusson
    #4 Steve Magnusson, Apr 22, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 22, 2021
    Power Seats? Um, no.

Looks more like the LH front facia piece is pushed upward towards the LH front fender near the front wheel to me (as the top edge of the LH front fender aligns pretty well with the headlight and front hood). Please promise us that you'll take the cavallino decals off the front spoiler ;). Same sort of issue on the RH front, and the back edge of the front spoiler on the RH side not lining up with the back edge of the RH facia shows some better tweaking/alignment/assembly required (the LH side is much better in this regard).

5. A12pilot

A12pilot Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 11, 2018
    DFW
    Full Name:
    Dave
    I'll do that whether I buy it or not, Steve!:p

I'm always leary with dealers, but this caught my eye and since I'm going to be in town I thought I might just take a peak.

Cheers
    Dave

6. OptimusPrime

OptimusPrime Formula Junior

May 10, 2011
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Tom
    Would be interesting to see receipt for belt service in 2019 to see if they painted heads. Most owners like to have the heads repainted red at the same time. The paint is coming off which usually takes longer (~5 years or more).

7. carguy

carguy F1 Rookie

Oct 30, 2002
    Alabama (was Mich.)
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    The alignment issues of the front fascia and spoiler do need to be investigated further. No other glaring issues that I can see from the pics. I'm about 90 miles south of that TR. I've had 3 Testarossas over the years and am quite familiar with them. If you would like a second pair of eyes to look the car over with you just let me know.

Regarding your fchat name....did you really fly an A12? Wow....!

8. A12pilot

A12pilot Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 11, 2018
    DFW
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Thanks, carguy! Looks like due to all the weather yesterday in DFW I was reassigned into a different trip, so no Atlanta overnight now. Rats!

No, never flew the A12. The name stems from having and restoring (myself) an A12 Super Bee then doing an uveiling at the Muscle Car and Corvette Nationals a few years ago. And of course, being a pilot!

Cheers
    Dave

9. carguy

carguy F1 Rookie

Oct 30, 2002
    Alabama (was Mich.)
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    Ahhh...I see...a 6-Pack car! That is awesome. I owned a lot of different musclecars and vettes back in the day, but mopars are my favorite.