Anyone know this 348TS for sale in Hamilton?!? | FerrariChat

Anyone know this 348TS for sale in Hamilton?!?

Discussion in 'Canada' started by myronx19, Feb 19, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. myronx19

myronx19 Formula Junior

May 27, 2012
    Toronto, ON Canada
    Full Name:
    Myron Samila
    #1 myronx19, Feb 19, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  2. Jay GT4

Jay GT4 F1 Rookie

Oct 16, 2001
    La mamma dei fessi
    Full Name:
    e sempre incinta
    Did you call him?

3. myronx19

myronx19 Formula Junior

May 27, 2012
    Toronto, ON Canada
    Full Name:
    Myron Samila
    Hi Jay,

There's no number on the ad - otherwise I'd be calling them non-stop :)

4. URAS

URAS Formula Junior

Oct 17, 2014
    Canada
    Full Name:
    vince
    Myron, just as a thought - you have the postal code and pictures of the house and property. Do a reverse search and you will get the address - if legitimate. Then drive to Hamilton and try to talk in person. Not saying it will work but current strategy is not working, and owner maybe enough impressed to deal with you. If you really want to pursue it, it is only an hour drive and 3 minutes to web search. Pick up a tea and coffee for the owner - hard to turn down pleasant manners from someone knocking on his door. Best of success.

5. MS250

MS250 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Full Name:
    Avvocato
  6. SpyderGT

SpyderGT Formula Junior

May 15, 2005
    Vancouver, BC
    Full Name:
    Jon
    #6 SpyderGT, Feb 20, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 20, 2016
    Could even try using Google Earth and Street View of the postal code area (map link in the Kijiji ad) to see if there are any properties with similar outbuildings and driveways.

7. Jay GT4

Jay GT4 F1 Rookie

Oct 16, 2001
    La mamma dei fessi
    Full Name:
    e sempre incinta
    Wow, resorting to stalking the guy....maybe he's testing the water and doesn't really want to sell. What are you gonna do, go up to the door and force him to sell you his car?

8. 1turbobrick

1turbobrick Karting

Nov 29, 2011
    Calgary, Alberta
    Full Name:
    Dale W
    I had a similar experience a few years ago but not with a Ferrari. Noticed an ad on Kijiji and responded. No response. Ad appeared a week later at a lower asking price. Sent another inquiry and still no response. This went on for 4 weeks and the price kept dropping. On the fifth week when the ad was renewed I put in a wanted ad for the same vehicle and bingo, a day later I get an email from the guy saying he's been trying to sell his car for over a month now. Turns out his spam filter was pulling all of the Kijiji inquiries. The car started at $1500 and I ended up buying it for $250...all because of his spam filter.

Don't rule out strange things...

9. GordonC

GordonC F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 28, 2005
    Calgary, AB, Canada
    Full Name:
    Gordon
    The "seller" has probably worked through spamming, selling, etc. all the personal info he got from the last time he ran the ad (a whole collection of names, phone numbers, email addresses, for a demographic that can spend $40K on a toy car), and now he's ready for round 2 of collecting personal information!

10. zudnic

zudnic Formula 3

Nov 13, 2014
    Vancouver
    One problem with the number of free classifieds for private sales. Some people who want to buy, well they get some pictures of cars. Post a couple of ads for a cheap price. Then when they go shopping, they point out to the seller the cheaper cars.

11. Skyler

Skyler Formula 3

May 31, 2004
    Canada
    Full Name:
    Skyler
    With my old Blackberry, when I received interest on an ad from a Kijiij and I hit reply, the email went to @kijiji and not the actual person asking. I found out about it when I replied back to about 25 emails in a few days only to have none of them answer back - Logged into my email and saw all the sent replies were going to a robot kijiji address and not the sender's email.

This wasn't a problem on my subsequent iPhone or Android devices.

12. zudnic

zudnic Formula 3

Nov 13, 2014
    Vancouver
    Oh when I bought my 89 928S4 last year. The seller looked at autotrader and craigslist to see what they sold for. He met me because two years before he had the car advertised and I looked at it. Anyway, a year later he saw his pictures in an ad, for $6k firm. He listed his car and had guys saying you had it for $6k. My mechanic had a 928 for sale and people kept calling and saying well one in blah,blah is $6k. The guy I bought mine from, ended calling and asking if I still wanted it at his old price. Just a few weeks ago, saw my car with the old owners pictures for $6k again. Only other 928 was an 89 crap box for $13k. Starting to think people put cheap cars, to either scam people or try and get prices down.

13. myronx19

myronx19 Formula Junior

May 27, 2012
    Toronto, ON Canada
    Full Name:
    Myron Samila
    Thanks guys - I'm sure this one won't pan out.. too good to be true ;)

14. isaydingdong

isaydingdong Formula Junior

Apr 18, 2014
    ny
    Full Name:
    Sy Sperling
    has this 348 resurfaced?

15. AceMaster

AceMaster Three Time F1 World Champ

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    I still have a BlackBerry, and I have no issues responding to Kijiji ads, everyone receives my responses.

16. zc911

zc911 Formula Junior

Mar 4, 2014
    Brampton, Ontario
    Full Name:
    Rob
    if anyone is looking for a 348 TS, a friend has a 1989 red on tan that will be for sale soon, PM me and I can put you in touch. Has black 18inch speedlines and Quantum coil overs from Europe

17. Canuck550

Canuck550 Formula Junior

Sep 8, 2015
    Incognito
    Full Name:
    RJA
    scam?
    may be looking for an out of country buyer before they reply!
    classic scam tactics

18. isaydingdong

isaydingdong Formula Junior

Apr 18, 2014
    ny
    Full Name:
    Sy Sperling
    Has this car resurfaced? anyone? anyone?

19. myronx19

myronx19 Formula Junior

May 27, 2012
    Toronto, ON Canada
    Full Name:
    Myron Samila
    I wish I could say it's in my garage, but I think it's finally been sold. I spoke with someone who did talk with the owner, and a sale was in the works a while back.

I like the ts, nice car.