Anyone know this 328GTS in Montreal? | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Anyone know this 328GTS in Montreal?

Discussion in 'Canada' started by TCJ1965, Aug 2, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. sher_yyz

sher_yyz Rookie

Oct 23, 2010
    Mississauga, Ontario
    Full Name:
    Sher
    Well folks, I am happy I ventured out to visit Montreal to check out this wonderful 328GTS... a great discovery indeed!

Claireview, the dealership is a helpful and truly honest broker who specializes in high-end cars. Saw an awesome new GT3, BMW I8, several Ferraris, Astons, & Porsches etc. parked in their inventory.

Albert of Claireview was a great help. We managed to obtain the 328's past history from Lake Forest, the Illinois dealership that had serviced the car back in the US. The odometer change now stands verified and everything matches with the Carfax...total mileage on the vehicle is confirmed at 50k kilometers.

During inspection, the 328 fired up easily on what was a very cold day. Engine response was excellent and exhaust notes were awesome. Overall cosmetics are great and all gauges & instruments work fine. A couple of minor scratches, a fading driver's seat bolster, a leaking shift shaft seal are some of the main issues, but easy fixes. I also has a complete set of original tools, manuals and an original red satin car cover!

I am happy I made the decision to buy this wonderful late model 328. I will soon be transporting it to my good friend Brett at Grand Turismo Autos in Alliston for a full major service -- we hope to be enjoying it this Spring.

Can't wait to post pics on a nice sunny day in Spring!

:)

2. MS250

MS250 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Full Name:
    Avvocato
    Congrats on your purchase !!!

Enjoy it in good health, sounds like a great plan to get it to your shop of choice for a once over before hitting the road in 2015.

The 328 is going down in Ferrari history as the most reliable car they produced, so you should have an awesome experience with it.

Again, congrats ! I'm sure you or your shop ( Brett ) will post pictures

See you at some events this summer

3. SpyderGT

SpyderGT Formula Junior

May 15, 2005
    Vancouver, BC
    Full Name:
    Jon
    Congratulations Sher. When you know it's "right" you have move on it and you did. You're gonna have fun with your 328.
    Jon

4. sher_yyz

sher_yyz Rookie

Oct 23, 2010
    Mississauga, Ontario
    Full Name:
    Sher
    Thank you all - last year I sold my '88 Mondial 3.2 Cabriolet and my '88.5 328GTS that left me homeless outside the Big Red world! Well, with this find that twinkle is back and now I really look forward to our beautiful Canadian summer. I hope to hold on to this one for a long, long time. Will post pics soon. Cheers!

5. godabitibi

godabitibi F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 11, 2012
    Papineauville, Quebec
    Full Name:
    Claude Laforest
    Congrats Sher. Good to hear it's still around in Canada. Your description of the car is exactly what I saw when I stopped to look at it at the previous place it was for sale.

6. zc911

zc911 Formula Junior

Mar 4, 2014
    Brampton, Ontario
    Full Name:
    Rob
    Congrats! And glad it stayed in Canada. I hate it when we loose nice cars to the U.S.

7. Tnopud

Tnopud Rookie

Jul 19, 2014
    Trois-Rivières QC Ca
    Full Name:
    Pierre Dupont
    Congrats but it Makes it harder for me to find another one
    But this Time i won't Tell anybody😉

Tnopud

Envoyé de mon iPad en utilisant Tapatalk

8. godabitibi

godabitibi F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 11, 2012
    Papineauville, Quebec
    Full Name:
    Claude Laforest
  9. Tnopud

Tnopud Rookie

Jul 19, 2014
    Trois-Rivières QC Ca
    Full Name:
    Pierre Dupont
    Merci je regarde ça j'ai aussi une autre 328 en vue 😊

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

10. godabitibi

godabitibi F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 11, 2012
    Papineauville, Quebec
    Full Name:
    Claude Laforest
    Great! Let us know how it's going. Without telling which one it is ;-)

11. UpNorth

UpNorth Formula 3
    Owner

Sep 30, 2006
    Quebec, Canada
    Full Name:
    Francois
    Pierre,
    J'espère que ca va marcher pour ta 328.
    3R est juste assez loin de Québec pour une belle petite ride! :D

12. TCJ1965

TCJ1965 Formula Junior

Jun 1, 2004
    Glad to see this 328 finally sell and head to a good home. I saw this car about a year ago and it looked great- while it still needed some loving attention! A diamond in the rough sort of speak! Get it all sorted out SHER and make sure you bring it up to the Ferrari Festival in Ottawa in June!

Cheers!
    Terry Jones
    Ottawa, Canada

PS: Post some pics soon!

13. godabitibi

godabitibi F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 11, 2012
    Papineauville, Quebec
    Full Name:
    Claude Laforest
    Via la 138 ou la 132 c'est de toute beauté.

14. Marcutz

Marcutz Rookie

Dec 12, 2011
    Toronto Canada
    Full Name:
    Marco Pasquariello
    I was about to fly down to finalize a deal until i was shown the car proof and low and behold it was there an accident claim which the salesguy ali threw at me at the very end. Saved myself a trip as it is a possible flood car from i was told.

15. TCJ1965

TCJ1965 Formula Junior

Jun 1, 2004
    Are you talking about this car from Montreal? I thought Sher bought it and took it to Mississauga??

Cheers!
    Terry Jones
    Ottawa, Canada

16. TCJ1965

TCJ1965 Formula Junior

Jun 1, 2004
    Hey Sher YYZ!

Any pics on the car since you got it SN 82916? That was a nice car in Montreal.

Cheers!
    Terry Jones
    Ottawa, Canada