Anyone know/recoginze this Mondial in/around Charlotte? | FerrariChat

Anyone know/recoginze this Mondial in/around Charlotte?

Discussion in 'North & South Carolina' started by hallsdad, Mar 2, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. hallsdad

hallsdad Karting

Mar 6, 2010
    Cayce, SC
    Full Name:
    Steve
    #1 hallsdad, Mar 2, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Hi,
    Does anyone recognize this car (based on the incorrect rims it seems likely)? or even better know anything about it? The car has SC tags. I have inquired about purchasing it and would like any information that anyone can provide.

If you don't recognize it, what should I be concerned with/pay particular attention to when inspecting an 85 QV mondial?

I don't even know if I'll hear back from the seller but want to be informed if things work out.

Please respond ASAP.

Thank you,
    Steve
    Image Unavailable, Please Login
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. hallsdad

hallsdad Karting

Mar 6, 2010
    Cayce, SC
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Just spoke to the person selling the car for the owner (an older fellow who is selling this and several other sports cars that he can no longer enjoy). Car sounds very much in order and original rims included, so if I get the documentation/pics requested, I'm making the road trip to see it.

Any insight still appreciated.

3. vrsurgeon

vrsurgeon F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 13, 2009
    Charleston, SC
    Full Name:
    Curt
    Have you called Karl at ERR to ask him about it? Might have graced his shop at one point. Seems to look familiar..

4. nicholasn

nicholasn Formula 3

Nov 7, 2013
    North Carolina
    Full Name:
    Nicholas
    If it's from the Charlotte area, Peter from Automotive International might know something about it.

5. Grigio 308

Grigio 308 Formula Junior

Apr 8, 2004
    Charlotte, NC
    Full Name:
    Kevin Fielden
    Nick is right on. Check with Peter at AI regarding their possible experience with it. In any case, you may want to have them do you a PPI. I know most of the Mondials in the area, but this one doesn't seem familiar.

6. hallsdad

hallsdad Karting

Mar 6, 2010
    Cayce, SC
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Well Nick nailed it. I just spoke to Sean at Automotive International and he remembers the car but hasn't see it recently. He gave some very good information so thank you all for the quick responses.

7. gbutler

gbutler Formula Junior

Jun 9, 2005
    Charlotte, NC
    Full Name:
    Glenn Butler
    Apparently the car has sat outside for a while.

8. hallsdad

hallsdad Karting

Mar 6, 2010
    Cayce, SC
    Full Name:
    Steve
    That is what Sean thought also. He also said he thought it was overpriced based on the market, car condition, and the last service being 4 years ago. I won't be making the trip this weekend since the seller is not in town, but if I do at any point, I would only buy it if the price is right. I'm not as optimistic/excited as I was after only talking to the person selling it.

9. gbutler

gbutler Formula Junior

Jun 9, 2005
    Charlotte, NC
    Full Name:
    Glenn Butler
    IMHO, based upon what I know and have heard from various parties interested in the car, 20k probably buys it. Of course, that is just the entry point for this car, and the real question will be at what level does the new owner want to bring the car up too and how much will it take to get it to your desired level???

10. hallsdad

hallsdad Karting

Mar 6, 2010
    Cayce, SC
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Glenn - do you know why the various parties interested in the car have not bought it?

20k was my thought...however, I never heard back so I think I'm probably out. Although I don't need another project, if I'm going to have one this is one I wouldn't mind. I'm very much a DIYer and recently got a lift....bring it on.