Anyone in Wichita who can look at a car for me? | FerrariChat

Anyone in Wichita who can look at a car for me?

Discussion in 'Midwest - USA (NE, KS, OK, MO, AR)' started by 4REphotographer, Aug 8, 2012.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 4REphotographer

4REphotographer F1 Veteran

Oct 22, 2006
    Arlington, VA
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Looking at a Honda S2000 at the Carmax in Wichita, they want a nonrefundable $700 to ship it here and I'd appreciate it if there is anyone that could have a quick look at it for me.

Thanks
    Chris

2. b4biturbo

b4biturbo Rookie

Mar 20, 2007
    Alexandria, Va
    Full Name:
    Chuck Finfrock
    I will be there 8/20-8/25 . If you would like I can look at it and send you some photos then. I am there for the week attending some aircraft training and would enjoy the diversion in my free time..if the time frame works for you.

3. 4REphotographer

Oct 22, 2006
    Arlington, VA
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Thanks for the offer, I went ahead and initiated the transfer. I got some guarantees written down from the dealer so if anything isn't as they said I get my money back, should have it in less than two weeks.

4. onewhippedpuppy

Jul 25, 2012
    Wichita, KS
    Full Name:
    Matt J
    Chris, sorry for the slow reply as I don't check in often. I assume they've already shipped the car? If not let me know, I'd be happy to look at it. Carmax is just across the street from my employer.

5. 4REphotographer

Oct 22, 2006
    Arlington, VA
    Full Name:
    Chris
    No worries, I put the order in to transfer the car, not sure if it has been picked up or not. Thanks though.

6. onewhippedpuppy

Jul 25, 2012
    Wichita, KS
    Full Name:
    Matt J
    You're welcome. If anything changes let me know, I did something similar for a MN BMWCCA member a few years ago that was interested in an E46 M3 at Carmax. I'm always happy to test drive interesting cars, and I've never driven an S2000.:)

7. 4REphotographer

Oct 22, 2006
    Arlington, VA
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Lol, it's a good way to drive someone else's car. :)

I spoke with my dealer today and he said it should be here within the next day or two, unfortunately I'm leaving Pebble Beach, but at least I'll be able to leave the old car at the airport as opposed to the s2000.