Anyone in Ft Lauderdale FL area want to check out a Dino 246GT for me? :) | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Anyone in Ft Lauderdale FL area want to check out a Dino 246GT for me? :)

Discussion in '206/246' started by CarreraScott, Mar 10, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. dm_n_stuff

dm_n_stuff Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

$68K is a little high, but not too much, good condition US Spec. 246GT with A/C P/W, Daytona seats in good shape should be about $60K, at least that's what the guys at Algar in PA and I decided when I bought mine last year.

Tools and books add value too. If missing you can spend $4-6K replacing them, if you can find them. Complete sets of tools can be tough to get. So, subtract accordingly.

This is not a chairs and flairs model, so, knock off $3-4 grand.

But add something back for the engine/tranny work, if it's still running well.

Has the car been driven regularly since the rebuild? I'd hope it was as they tend to hold up better when driven often.

Look for the obvious rust issues, and balky tranny. Even a rebuild will only make 2nd gear smooth for 5-6K miles b4 you think, "What did I spend all that money for?"

And, ask about hardened valve guides and seats from the rebuild.

But, the color is beautiful, and if it's clean, you GOTTA do it. You'll never look back. 246Gt is one of the top ten beautiful cars.

Good luck with it.

Dave

2. Ira Schwartz

Ira Schwartz Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 20, 2003
    Brooklandville, MD
    Full Name:
    Ira Schwartz
    Owned a chairs & flares GTS for 17 years, and it was a very nice car. Tim Stanford works on Motorcar Gallery's cars as needed and has known Ed Waterman, the owner, for a long time. That being said, Tim is a straight arrow and won't mislead you about the car's condition. He does a good PPI, and is the guy who checked my 348 Challenge race car before I bought it (and has maintained it since).

3. cinquevalvole

cinquevalvole Formula 3

Feb 6, 2004
    Germany, Bayern
    This Dino is offered by

Samler`n Antikk
    Helsings gt. 12
    N-6509 Kristiansund N
    for 59.000 €
    http://home.mobile.de/Samler

looks nice, but who is the owner/dealer now?

cinque

4. Cavallino Motors

Cavallino Motors F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

May 31, 2001
    Florida or Argentina
    Full Name:
    Martin W.
    call me I can go by there today (Sat) on my way coming from my mechanic. Motorcars are straight guys. I have my 328GTS in their showroom right now.

(305) 867-7740, call me and I will go by.

Martin