Anyone have dealings with this vintage dealer in Cleveland? | FerrariChat

Anyone have dealings with this vintage dealer in Cleveland?

Discussion in 'North Central - USA (MI, IN, OH, KY, WV)' started by TeamF1Jr, Sep 24, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. TeamF1Jr

TeamF1Jr Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2003
  2. Davidcbrown

Davidcbrown Formula Junior

Dec 28, 2011
    nope. would like to get report. surprised I have never heard about it

3. TBigs

TBigs Formula Junior

Mar 23, 2010
    NW Ohio
    Full Name:
    Terry
    An up and coming Gullwing or BHCC? He contacted me about buying one of my cars not long ago. He asked very few questions, threw out a fairly strong price, and wanted to come with a trailer the next day. Never did. I guess he figured there wasn't enough in it for him. C'est la vie.

4. XR4Tim

XR4Tim Formula 3

Jun 1, 2005
    Medina, OH
    Never heard of them. I wouldn't mind checking them out though.

5. HOF Ferrari

HOF Ferrari Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 22, 2007
    Canton, Ohio
    Full Name:
    AFG
    Never heard of them

6. sburke

sburke Formula 3

Dec 21, 2010
    Lake Norman, NC
    Never heard of them as well, and lived in that area for a very long time.

7. TeamF1Jr

TeamF1Jr Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2003
    #7 TeamF1Jr, Sep 26, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 26, 2014
    I went there today. Unfortunately the owner was out of the country as his father recently passed away and he had to take care of family issues obviously. I went into the garage and spoke to a mechanic in there. Nothing fancy, just a old garage with 30 or so cars in it. A huge amount of 60's and 70s Porsches. If you're a 911 guy and have the desire and know-how to restore one, this is a good place to start. A lot of them need a lot of work. The standout by far was the Fiat 500, red, fully restored and ready to go. I went there with interest in a Lancia Fulvia, but it was gone. The Lancia's owner had it on consignment and decided to restore it. The mechanic said the dealer gets a lot of cars from Europe and brings them over. The Fiat 500 was purchased in Spain and brought over. They don't do any restorations there, the mechanic does very minor things and nothing else. He also said they hardly sell any cars to locals, maybe 2 in the two years they've been there. Not a surprise given many locals that have posted on this thread didn't know it existed, like myself. I'm going to return to speak to the owner when he gets back in town. It's worth a visit if you're a local. Really looks like a place to get diamonds in the rough (garage find type cars), expect to do a lot of work yourself or spend a lot of money in restoration. They had a beautiful Maserati there that needed probably $200k in restoration. I'm certainly going to pay more attention to this place.

8. TBigs

TBigs Formula Junior

Mar 23, 2010
    NW Ohio
    Full Name:
    Terry
    What was the Maserati that they had? I don't see one for sale on their web site.

9. switchcars

switchcars Formula 3

Jul 28, 2005
    Full Name:
    Doug
    I've done business with them. PM or email me.

10. TBigs

TBigs Formula Junior

Mar 23, 2010
    NW Ohio
    Full Name:
    Terry