Anyone had service experience at Rosso | FerrariChat

Anyone had service experience at Rosso

Discussion in 'Mid-Atlantic Region - USA (PA, DE, MD, DC, VA)' started by Crowndog, Apr 21, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Crowndog

Crowndog F1 Veteran

Jul 16, 2011
    Fairfield,Pa
    Full Name:
    Robert
    Has anyone here had any service done by Rosso Service in Forest Hill, Md?
    Good or bad would you please share.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Crowndog

Crowndog F1 Veteran

Jul 16, 2011
    Fairfield,Pa
    Full Name:
    Robert
    No one?

3. Arjun

Arjun Formula Junior

Feb 26, 2006
    No experience with them, but given their location, I wouldn't be surprised if the MD folks preferred Radcliffe or Treasured Motorcars and the PA folks Alger. It's hard for a new shop to create a good reputation and a following when you have older, well established shops still doing good work.

4. srephwed

srephwed F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 29, 2012
    street,md
    Full Name:
    fred brown
    I have not met them yet but was told they are good guys. Mainly work on European vehicles.

5. BillP00

BillP00 Formula 3
    Owner

Apr 23, 2007
    Northern VA
    Full Name:
    Bill
    Rosso Service is a new sponsor for the FCA-MAR. I was supposed to head up for their Open House on April 9th, but due to the weather, they rescheduled it for April 16th which coincided with our Spring Thaw. So, I still haven't met them yet, but I've also heard that they were nice guys.

I do know that one of the Owners of Rosso Service is Scott Lankford. He used to work for Competizione, Maserati of Baltimore and Ferrari of Washington.

Not sure if that helps or not? But just thought I would share. :)

Bill P.

6. muk_yan_jong

muk_yan_jong Formula Junior

Oct 11, 2008
    Full Name:
    Brian McK
    Scott is an excellent fabricator and technician. Factory trained and one of the key crew members from FoW's 360GT Championships. Was a very unfortunate casualty from the botched MoB endeavor, but glad he has his own shop.

7. vjlax18

vjlax18 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

May 12, 2014
    Nottingham, MD
    Full Name:
    John
    A friend of mine had the major for his 348 done there. I think he said it's the one in the pictures on their site and that they had a shop in Randlestown when it was done. We were supposed to meet up for their open house, but the weather thing screwed up out plans.

8. Crowndog

Crowndog F1 Veteran

Jul 16, 2011
    Fairfield,Pa
    Full Name:
    Robert
    So I got some information on the owner of the shop (Rosso Service) where by the way my car is being serviced; so here is a little background on Scott Lankford. He is a very delightful guy to work with.

"You will have seen my name floated with Ferrari of Washington as I was the crew chief and lead technician for the F360GT #33 race car for 2002 and 2003. Along with many challenge car drivers and further campaigns in GrandAm in 2004-2006. I have a complete Bio on linkin as well. I know we used to get a lot of chat time on fchat back then with our success. I also spent some years at Competizione with Richard and Fernando. They are great guys and I left to pursue my own endeavours. While I was there, I helped set them up for the race cars and did their engine building. I also do quite a bit of fabrication, not so much now as we are still growing. At some point in the near future, we will be more set up to take on larger fabrication projects.

I feel my car is in very competent hands. My tour of the shop was great. Got to see a Testerossa engine on the stand. A 355 in the air on a lift, a lotus classic and all the "right stuff".

9. dahveedem

dahveedem Formula 3

Mar 12, 2012
    Maryland
    Full Name:
    David
    My friend used to have his Gallardo serviced by Scott. He was very happy with the service.

10. vjlax18

vjlax18 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

May 12, 2014
    Nottingham, MD
    Full Name:
    John
    I'll have my 348 there on Saturday as long as the weather holds out.

11. dahveedem

dahveedem Formula 3

Mar 12, 2012
    Maryland
    Full Name:
    David
    FYI.. Scott just did my major including the oil change tensioner replacement on my 348 Speciale about a month ago. Very satisfied with the service and communication during the process.

I am also planning on being at their open house on Saturday weather permitting. Look me up and you can see the end results.

David

Crowndog likes this.
  12. ferraristyle1

ferraristyle1 Formula Junior

Aug 2, 2013
    Baltimore, MD
    I'll be taking my 360 there probably this week for some routine stuff. I have heard nothing but good things, and seeing that he was the racetech for a 2002 360 car makes me feel good that my 2002 360 will be in very good hands :)

13. vjlax18

vjlax18 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

May 12, 2014
    Nottingham, MD
    Full Name:
    John
    They did a great job with an alignment for my 348. I was very pleased to see they used strings.

Crowndog likes this.
  14. NbyNW

NbyNW F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nice event today. Hope it raised a lot for MS. Met and talked with Scott - very nice and knows his stuff especially for the 360C. The silver Aston Martin Rapide was beautiful, along with numerous Ferraris, Lambos, and classic American iron.

15. dahveedem

dahveedem Formula 3

Mar 12, 2012
    Maryland
    Full Name:
    David
    Great event today! Will post a bunch of pics shortly!

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

16. vjlax18

vjlax18 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

May 12, 2014
    Nottingham, MD
    Full Name:
    John
    It was a great time today. It was good to meet everyone.

17. dahveedem

dahveedem Formula 3

Mar 12, 2012
    Maryland
    Full Name:
    David
    #18 dahveedem, Jun 10, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  18. dahveedem

dahveedem Formula 3

Mar 12, 2012
    Maryland
    Full Name:
    David
    Crowndog likes this.
  19. vjlax18

vjlax18 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

May 12, 2014
    Nottingham, MD
    Full Name:
    John
    Awesome pic! Thanks

Crowndog likes this.
  20. vjlax18

vjlax18 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

May 12, 2014
    Nottingham, MD
    Full Name:
    John
  21. 88Testarossa

88Testarossa Formula 3

Sep 25, 2012
    Annapolis and Daytona Beach
    Full Name:
    Al
    I took my 430 Spider there for the annual service...the Testarossa is going there in two weeks. Add me to the list of delighted customers. It's closer than FoW or Competezione for me and Scott is easy to work with as well. Nothing but good things to say about the shop and staff.

Crowndog likes this.
  22. NbyNW

NbyNW F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Another very positive experience. Scott changed timing belts and did some other maintenance items on my 360C. I think he was excited to work on a race car again.
    Smooth easy process and really glad his shop is close by.

Crowndog likes this.
  23. Crowndog

Crowndog F1 Veteran

Jul 16, 2011
    Fairfield,Pa
    Full Name:
    Robert
    Bump.

Have now had several pit stops with Scott’s shop, valve timing, drive shaft oil seal replacement, fixed my steering issue by rebuilding the rack with fast ratio setup,
    Other oil leak seal fixes and now in for new carpet, shift lever box rebuild, and a few other last touches to keep me happy.
    His work, shop, personality and professionalism is absolutely top tier. Even had my interior and exterior detailed. Can’t recommend anyone I’ve had my car to higher. You owe it to your car.

dahveedem and NbyNW like this.