Anyone Going to Oshkosh this year | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Anyone Going to Oshkosh this year

Discussion in 'Aviation Chat' started by f4udriver, Jul 17, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. kevin323

kevin323 Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Thanks. Be there in the morning

2. F1tommy

F1tommy F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 15, 2007
    Chicagoland USA
    Full Name:
    Tom Tanner
    #27 F1tommy, Jul 26, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 26, 2019
    Another good year. The Mosquito was amazing along with the Hellcat. Also a super rare F51H and P64 along with a nice collection of WWII British aircraft. The Fury jet was a surprise and nice to see.
    Thunderbirds also showed up on Thursday and the Blue Angels on Tuesday.

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

Boomhauer and tritone like this.
  3. F1tommy

F1tommy F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 15, 2007
    Chicagoland USA
    Full Name:
    Tom Tanner
  4. Tcar

Tcar F1 Rookie

#30 Tcar, Jul 26, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 26, 2019
    Is the Navy Jet Fury the FJ-1 (with the straight P-51 wings?
    Or the later FJ-2/3/4 with F-86 wings?

Edit: Nevermind, just saw the pic... it's the later version.

Also, nice, putting the Hawker Sea Fury right above the North American Fury.

5. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    First time I have heard of a KC-46 at an airshow. Great photos, thanks.

6. tritone

tritone F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 8, 2003
    On the Rock
    Full Name:
    James
    Great photos!
    Thanks!

7. Hannibal308

Hannibal308 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 3, 2012
    Kahuku / Cottonwood / Prescott
    Full Name:
    Will
    We flew a two-ship with media guys this morning...took 31 minutes to get to the runway, flew for 18 minutes, then 42 minutes to get back to Warbird parking...total zoo! Had front row seats at the hold line for two F-35 takeoffs. Was really cool seeing how the controllers operate at Oshkosh. I'm pretty sure there is nowhere else in the world where it's done like it is here.

My kite ready for a go...
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

Boomhauer and F1tommy like this.
  8. F1tommy

F1tommy F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 15, 2007
    Chicagoland USA
    Full Name:
    Tom Tanner
    Yea they run several altitude layers sometimes only a few thousand feet apart going opposite directions. Looks amazing but a pain to do. I saw your group fly. Very impressive T28 turnout again. The Mosquito group told the EAA they could not sit long do to precautionary overheat issues due to fresh restoration so they always seem to take off on the other runway.

9. F1tommy

F1tommy F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 15, 2007
    Chicagoland USA
    Full Name:
    Tom Tanner
    And yes that F6F was real nice. I wonder if it will win. I heard they might bump the XP82(F82) up to the Korean War class?? Win Win as they both deserve something, and there where a few other real nice ones also. A rather nice P40 also deserving, and don't forget the Mosquito and other Brits. Still that F6F will be hard to beat.

10. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
  11. Bob Parks

Bob Parks F1 Veteran
    Consultant

Nov 29, 2003
    Shoreline,Washington
    Full Name:
    Robert Parks
    It appears to have the newer type of boundary layer control scoop. I might be wrong but I think that it looks different than the original scoop.

12. kevin323

kevin323 Karting
    Silver Subscribed

F-6 was fantastic. I helped crew one based at FRG back in late 70s. I think Bill Ross bought it Remember nice local p-51 selling in the thirties. The pair of T28s with Texas markings looked great. Lots of exhaust cleanup coming! First p-51h I’ve seen. F-82 just amazing. Already planning next year

13. F1tommy

F1tommy F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 15, 2007
    Chicagoland USA
    Full Name:
    Tom Tanner
    I just read this KC46 seen taking off from Oshkosh Thursday evening had to make an emergency landing at MKE, also an Air Force refueling base less than an hour later. Not sure what the issue was and it was able to taxi off the runway on it's own power.

14. Tcar

Tcar F1 Rookie

I think you're correct, Bob..
    Plus, I think all the prototypes had a carb air scoop on the top of the engine cowling, if I recall correctly.

15. F1tommy

F1tommy F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 15, 2007
    Chicagoland USA
    Full Name:
    Tom Tanner
    A couple more strange ones and the T28 ramp along with a small section of the warbird hardstand. Could not fit all the T28's in one photo and 6 or 7 are not shown. The helicopter was purchased out of Poland for around $200,000.00 in good flyable condition according to the owner. Might be hard to get parts for in the USA :) Also a Catalina. A B17 and B24 kept doing flyovers all day giving rides and were based up north.

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

Nurburgringer and Boomhauer like this.
  16. F1tommy

F1tommy F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 15, 2007
    Chicagoland USA
    Full Name:
    Tom Tanner
    One more from the Boeing stand... Until next year!!

I hope they finish that P61 on the east coast soon. Would love to see that fly at Air Venture someday.

17. tazandjan

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
  18. Bob Parks

Bob Parks F1 Veteran
    Consultant

Nov 29, 2003
    Shoreline,Washington
    Full Name:
    Robert Parks
    Thanks, Tay. I was looking at the radiator scoop config. I remember the original as having a simple drop down scoop with no upper lip..

19. tazandjan

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Bob- The exhaust stacks are different, too, but all in all, a pretty good effort.

20. Bob Parks

Bob Parks F1 Veteran
    Consultant

Nov 29, 2003
    Shoreline,Washington
    Full Name:
    Robert Parks
    Okay, Taz. I finally dug enough to find that the original P-51 design had a movable radiator intake that could lowered into the airstream and it had movable doors on it, too. That was changed to the fixed and enlarged scoop that is on it now.