Anyone from Indonesia? | Page 3 | FerrariChat

Anyone from Indonesia?

Discussion in 'Asia' started by Expat, Jan 11, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Prodrive

Prodrive Karting

Jun 27, 2004
    Indonesia
    Full Name:
    Prodrive
    F430 is not a direct replacement to F360 CS. F430LP will be the replacement for F360CS.

In my personal opinion, if you are the type of person who enjoy the F car base on how the car communicates or responses or feels to you, then F430 is not the right one for you. F430 feels heavier, less responsive, lean more on turn, more mute (more sound damp in the interior) then F360CS but has more torque & power.
    That my opinion based on what I felt when tested it on Race Track (Near London).

If you like to enjoy its power on the straight line & for going to nice restaurant then F430 will be better choice.

F360CS is a raw or more hard core F-car. It is much lighter, more responsive, exhaust screams real hard, better tyres, titanium springs & Wheel Bolt, sits lower, no sound dampening, useless audio (you won't need it anyway) so you will enjoy it the most if or when you drive it hard & you will want to drive hard, believe me ... :)

Just trying to give you more nice headache ... :)

2. f602go

f602go Rookie

May 22, 2007

Thanx again Prodrive,

Okay i already set up my mind, im not going for the f430, but im going for the f430 light pista / challange stradale, i asked the dealer just now that there is no current prices for the pista, since it's not officially released yet, i booked my name on the waiting list, they said if everything goes well it'll be on delivery mid or late 2008, for me that is no problem as long i get a better performance car.

And for now im hunting down a secondhand CS, Prodrive could u give some good info about the pricing or dealer u might know that could get me one..

thanks for the help my fellow countrymen.... :)

P.S i saw pictures of your car in surabaya, thats pretty awesome, everbody turning their heads staring at your car. Could've been so much fun if it was in jakarta though, but then again its your car...

3. Prodrive

Prodrive Karting

Jun 27, 2004
    Indonesia
    Full Name:
    Prodrive
    Shoot me a PM, There are only 3 CS in Indonesia AFAIK.

Those pics were shot in Jakarta by my friend before I sent it to Surabaya... Did you see the pic with the police on the sidewalk staring at the car? I think he tried to check on the legality of the license plate .... I was using somebody else license plate at that time before I got mine .. LOL

Base on my personal experience, once you get use to drive the CS/LP version, you won't be able to really enjoy the normal version anymore even with aftermarket exhaust installed. It's boringggggg .. You'll know what I am saying if you already got the car and drive it haarrdddd.

4. Jet-X

Jet-X F1 Veteran

Nov 2, 2003
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Brian
    Hopefully someone can help me (don't want to flood PM boxes). I'm trying to wrap up my book on the Cizeta V16T, and there is one car (and only one shockingly enough) that I have hardly any pictures of, and they quite frankly are weak. It's the only white Cizeta V16T to be delivered, right hand drive, looks like the prototype, to a customer in Indonesia, his first name is (not sure about the spelling) 'Alim' - if anyone knows this person, has seen this car, or has any information, I'd be *greatly* appreciative (and will send you a copy of the finished book as well as credit you).

It's the one car that makes my book feel incomplete, so anything is appreciative. Email or PM me. Thanks!

5. Mr.CS

Mr.CS Rookie

Feb 28, 2008
    Indonesia
    Full Name:
    CS
    Where is the other Indonesia Ferrari Owner..!!

6. Jon@Tezta

Jon@Tezta Formula Junior

Dec 5, 2003
    Hong Kong / Jakarta
    Full Name:
    Jonathan

Welcome to the forums! The black 599 is actually a customer of mine, the owner said he put a tubi on the car but i havent been able to hear it last time i was in jkt due to the floods. The stock car sound terrible, no sound at all, so im guessing he took the exhaust off.

I can honestly say the CS is a fantastic car, i was fortunate enough to have a quick blast in Prodrive's CS last time i was in SBY, its amazing and the sound is fantastic!

The 430 is also fantastic but lacks a bit of the raw power that the CS has, i know the 430 has 70hp more but the CS just seems faster to me, most likely has to do with the weight difference. If you can find a nice CS in good condition (Prodrive has the best one in indo i can image) then go for the CS, you wont regret it.

7. Jon@Tezta

Jon@Tezta Formula Junior

Dec 5, 2003
    Hong Kong / Jakarta
    Full Name:
    Jonathan
    welcome to you as well! See you're into modifying, did you modify the 360 as well?

8. Prodrive

Prodrive Karting

Jun 27, 2004
    Indonesia
    Full Name:
    Prodrive
    Hi Jon ... what's up my friend? .. thanks for all the good words my friend ... It was a pleasure to ride in the CS with you .. honestly I also enjoying it very very much bro .. btw I heard that I**n has sent his to Jkt ... did u hear it bro?

Jon ... that stock 599 exhaust sound is kind of roaring no? .. I got the clips but clips usually can't really give you the whole sound range right (the sensation when u hear next to it) ... can u help me to describe it my friend?

I**n went into that 599 owner house and according to Mr A (the F car chief mechanic), I**n was drooling all over it ... :)

So sorry that I couldn't meet u last time ... hopefully we can meet next time. Anyway some of your customers are my friend too .. :)

9. Jon@Tezta

Jon@Tezta Formula Junior

Dec 5, 2003
    Hong Kong / Jakarta
    Full Name:
    Jonathan
    Hi Bro! not much going on in HK at the moment, i think ill be back in jkt in May for sure to watch the Thomas/Uber cup in jkt. My friend is playing for indo in that tournament so ill watch him play.

Well i never got to hear the car after i tuned it, just at idle and it doesnt sound loud, i would have thought the Tubi would give it a better sound at idle and the company claims another 35hp increase on the car with just the exhaust alone so imagine that with the program it would be very fast! I havent gotten a chance to hear the Novitec exhaust on the 599 either but im curious to hear what it sounds like, ive emailed them but they dont have any clips yet, I have heard the X-ost exhaust for the 599 and it sound amazing, very loud and deep at idle as well, what the car really should sound like.

I didnt know I**n is looking to get the 599, i actually havent talked to him in a long time, last i heard he wanted to change something regarding his wheels but since i dont carry that brand anymore i wasnt able to help him unfortunately.

Its good to see more indo people on the boards isnt it? The Asia section really needs more people posting, look at the singapore thread its insane how many posts on that one :D

Its okay last time was a bit tight for both of us, in May i will be around for longer, a good friend of mine in JKT offered to let me stay at his place so i can save my hotel costs.

10. indoguy666

indoguy666 Rookie

Feb 25, 2008
    Surabaya/Singapore
    Full Name:
    Affan
    hey,
    nice to see some brothers in the forum, especially one from Surabaya
    by the way, i think ive seen your car parked in the pakuwon supermall parking lot, its pretty stunning

hows surabaya going, havent been home for ages.

11. Prodrive

Prodrive Karting

Jun 27, 2004
    Indonesia
    Full Name:
    Prodrive
    Hi Bro

Nothing much in Srby as usual. Only few new buildings and some real estates.
    Btw the Ferrari community has grown up, now AFAIK about 10 ferrari's in here includes the new 599. Used to be 2 Murcielago's too but 1 had been sent to Jkt and the other one crashed near the toll road entrance.

I think you saw another f360 cause I never brought or parked my car overthere. Maybe it belongs to one of my friend .. :)

12. indoguy666

indoguy666 Rookie

Feb 25, 2008
    Surabaya/Singapore
    Full Name:
    Affan
    hey, really nice to hear those developments happening in my hometown, especially the numbers of those ferraris, hehe...
    BTW, whereabouts in Surabaya do live? my house is right in front of the Supermall (thats why i saw it sitting there in grace, lol)
    do you actually drive it regularly in surabaya? bcause the last time i went on the roads there it felt like i was in some off road course hehe..., lots of bumps and pot holes lah..

13. Jon@Tezta

Jon@Tezta Formula Junior

Dec 5, 2003
    Hong Kong / Jakarta
    Full Name:
    Jonathan
    I seem to like sby better than jkt, jkt is a hell hole in terms of driving a sports car, i still cant figure out how and why indonesia is home to the cars with the biggest diameter aftermarket wheels possible and the lowest suspension setting as well.

14. Prodrive

Prodrive Karting

Jun 27, 2004
    Indonesia
    Full Name:
    Prodrive
    Usually I drive it once a week and there is a spot quite near my house that can be use to run to about 160-185kmh at certain hour & at certain day or else (what else?) .. toll road. If in rainy season like this then it's all depend on the weather.

Just need to know which road that you can use, the road on the way from your house to Citraland is quite nice. You just have to remember where the bumps are.

15. Prodrive

Prodrive Karting

Jun 27, 2004
    Indonesia
    Full Name:
    Prodrive
    some of jakarta toll road are better then srby (more lane) my friend but the problem, you have to know which spot that can make you car fly at speed above 200kmh ... :)
    Regular road, you have to be very carefull especially in rainy season. In rainy season like this, the road quality decrease fast, I hate it Jon.

Jon, any plan to watch that F1 event in Spore?

16. Jon@Tezta

Jon@Tezta Formula Junior

Dec 5, 2003
    Hong Kong / Jakarta
    Full Name:
    Jonathan
    Still raining over there? I better not fly over just yet, last time was terrible i had to extend my stay for 3 days just to get one last clients car done because he couldnt get the car out of his house.

Bro, actually a friend and i were just talking about watching the race in s'pore but im guessing it will be quite expensive to stay during the race, any plans on your end? I was told a few guys from jkt are going down, but don't know who exactly.

17. Prodrive

Prodrive Karting

Jun 27, 2004
    Indonesia
    Full Name:
    Prodrive
    yes bro, and according to the weather forecast March is going to be the heaviest rain in Indo. Be careful when u landed in Jakarta and won't be able to go to Jakarta because of the toll road might be covered by 1 1/2 meter water depth .. :)

I already got the F1 ticket, airline ticket & the hotel too (thanks to my friend in Spore) but u r right my friend. It is very expensive. They really want to take advantage of this big event.
    I hv checked the online F1 ticket and it is still available bro. If you hv plan to watch it then better be quick. Please contact me when you have everything fixed so we can watch it together. Some of my US friends also planning to joint me in Spore too.

18. indoguy666

indoguy666 Rookie

Feb 25, 2008
    Surabaya/Singapore
    Full Name:
    Affan
    yea, F1 tickets here are really expensive and gets sold out fast, i havent manage to get a hold of one, but maybe soon, otherwise there'll be no more i guess. i reckon it'll be pretty good, first night race in the city

BTW, any of u guys like go karting?

19. shin

shin Karting

Apr 8, 2004
    Full Name:
    Shin
    Indonesia will increase luxury tax from the current 75% to 200% and supercars will be the very first to get impact. What do you guys think ?

At 75%, prices are somewhat comparable to prices in Singapore/Malaysia/Thailand.

At 200%, it will be way more costly.

20. ILLUFA

ILLUFA Karting

Jul 27, 2006
    Indo
    Full Name:
    H
    I think it will be very dumb for the government to increase luxury tax on imported cars. Actually I heard that taxes will be reduced gradually over a few years due to world trade stuff.

If taxes are very high, Indonesians will simply buy luxury/supercars in Singapore or other countries. Which is capital flight in a small way. My 2 cents worth.

21. Jon@Tezta

Jon@Tezta Formula Junior

Dec 5, 2003
    Hong Kong / Jakarta
    Full Name:
    Jonathan
    The first time i heard the govt in Indonesia will increase luxury tax to 200% was a couple years ago and i think it would be very stupid if they did.

22. shin

shin Karting

Apr 8, 2004
    Full Name:
    Shin
    #72 shin, Sep 15, 2009
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2009
    That's duty, not tax. And it will only apply to small economical cars from Japan because of Japan-Indonesia FTA. And FYI, as they lower duty, they always increase tax. That's why car prices in Indonesia have never gone down not even by a cent.

The new 200% luxury tax will come in effect early 2010.

23. shin

shin Karting

Apr 8, 2004
    Full Name:
    Shin
    The bill was approved this week. It increases the upper limit of luxury tax from 75% to 200% and the government officials have been quoted that the items to bear this new maximum tax will be luxury items like yacths and luxury cars.

24. Jon@Tezta

Jon@Tezta Formula Junior

Dec 5, 2003
    Hong Kong / Jakarta
    Full Name:
    Jonathan
    What about apartments?

25. shin

shin Karting

Apr 8, 2004
    Full Name:
    Shin
    #75 shin, Sep 15, 2009
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2009
    The bill is about the maximum percentage of luxury tax only, the government will decide the tax objects in a separate set of bills. But I'm sure high-end apartments will be hit, because there is already additional 5% income tax for the purchase of luxury items such as :

- Private airplane priced more than IDR 20 billions.
    - Yacht priced more than IDR 10 billions.
    - House priced more than IDR 10 billions measuring more than 500 sqm of size.
    - Apartment/condo priced more than IDR 10 billions measuring at/more than 400 sqm.
    - Car priced more than IDR 5 billions with engine size more than 3 litres.

However, the rules above do not govern the secondary markets (from individual to individual).

Anyway, the taxes and rules in Indonesia are a mess and keep being changed.