Anyone else been ripped off by Elite Motorsports in Austin? | FerrariChat

Anyone else been ripped off by Elite Motorsports in Austin?

Discussion in 'Texas' started by Aiden, Aug 20, 2012.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Aiden

Aiden Karting

Mar 13, 2009
    Huntington Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Aiden Naughton
    Has anyone else been ripped off by SW at Wlite Motorsports? I paid him for extra keys and remotes for my Ferrari when I bought it 3 years ago, and he has yet to deliver, and has stopped returning any correspondence despite repeated attempts to have him rectify the situation, including 4 trips from California to Elite Motorsports.

I have done everyting in an attempt to resolve the situation, to no avail. If you are considering Elite Motorsports, I would look elsewhere. Save yourself not only money, but 3 years+ of frustration.

2. texasmr2

texasmr2 Two Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Oct 22, 2007
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Gregg
    Damn 3yrs!!!! Sounds like "Theft of Service" to me and Texas does not take kindly to these sort of indiscretions. Use Texas laws to your advantage.

3. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    Bummer, I'd replace the system to get your complete set of FOBs and send after him in Claims Court.

A common promise, it seems, with Fcars (and my Ducati has the exact same system...)..it's been a good car, otherwise???

4. SAFE4NOW

SAFE4NOW F1 Veteran
    Sponsor Owner

Aug 25, 2004
    Dallas Texas
    Full Name:
    If you know you know
    #4 SAFE4NOW, Aug 21, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I'm betting he couln't get past the key Natzi's....

I attached the form ,listing everything he would have to do in order to even place the order for your keys!

S
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

5. Swancoat

Swancoat Karting

Jul 26, 2007
    Houston
    Copy of Title
    Copy of Drivers License
    PIN
    VIN

Doesn't seem so bad to me. If the title was still in their name, it looks like they'd need a letter from the Company President. This is all pretty reasonable to get everything needed to start up my car and drive it away.

6. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    Seems reasonable...thanks!

To the OP, give up on the Seller and pursue this with FNA and a local West Coast dealer.

7. fatbillybob

fatbillybob Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 10, 2002
    socal
    Sorry to hear Aiden but first rule of buy a car from a dealer is you only get what you drive away with. Even a guy who sells Ferraris is STILL a used car salesmen.

8. agup48

agup48 Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 15, 2006
    Phoenix
    Full Name:
    AG
    I've met SW and have met multiple people who have bought and sold from him, both in Arizona and Austin. SW is a stand-up guy, perhaps there was a misunderstanding. The people who I know who have bought and sold cars to him always rave about his professionalism.

Perhaps you got unlucky, **** happens.

I do believe he posts here albeit not so frequently, I do hope he sees this and resolves the issue.

Also, you would get better results when you post in the Texas section. I'll /!\ and have a mod move it.

9. Streetking

Streetking Formula Junior

Jan 20, 2005
    Austin, TX.
    Full Name:
    SW
    First off, after Aiden purchased the 355 from me, which he loved, I made the mistake of saying that I could get extra keys for his car. I originally wanted him to get them, since he was the new owner, then I said I would do it. I called Ferrari of San Antonio, gave them what information they needed and they then charged my credit card. After several months no keys. Finally after several months, they refunded my credit card. Aiden was in Austin on business in oct of last year, I called Ferrari of Austin, tried to order keys again, waited then they tell me the owner has to do it. My fault for not calling and checking on it weekly. I offered Aiden to give him the money for his keys, but no responce. I have been in this business for 27 years and so far everyone that has bought from me worldwide, has been very happy. All this because I was trying to help someone out on some extra keys, my mistake..

"fatbillybob Sorry to hear Aiden but first rule of buy a car from a dealer is you only get what you drive away with. Even a guy who sells Ferraris is STILL a used car salesmen."

For those of you that don't know me, I just don't only sell these cars, I own several Ferraris and race them myslef. I live and breath this.

SW

10. redcar1

redcar1 Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2003
    austin, tx
    Full Name:
    Mark
    I have bought and sold numerous times with SW, and always been 100% satisfied.

He is great.

Mark

11. Aiden

Aiden Karting

Mar 13, 2009
    Huntington Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Aiden Naughton
    SW has contacted me and was are trying now to rectiibfy this matter. Thank you SW. I look forward to a timely resolution.

12. lilviv

lilviv Karting

Nov 9, 2011
    Lewisville, TX
    Full Name:
    Vivek Gupta
    While I was in Austin, I also bought multiple cars from him and sold one through him, as well. He was very straight up and helpful in all aspects of the deal. I speak very highly of my dealings with him.

I see that it's been resolved or is in the process of being resolved, and I'd expect nothing less as S.W. has a stellar reputation in our industry.

Cheers!

13. sTyleR

sTyleR Formula 3

Jan 18, 2007
    San Antonio, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tyler
    Based on the responses, I feel that the title of this thread is inappropriate at this point...

14. agup48

agup48 Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 15, 2006
    Phoenix
    Full Name:
    AG
    It may seem as such but when people who look into SW and Elite Motorsports hopefully will read this thread and see his response and see that he made an attempt at resolving the problem. Most dealers don't give a **** once the car is off their property.

15. Aiden

Aiden Karting

Mar 13, 2009
    Huntington Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Aiden Naughton
    #15 Aiden, Aug 30, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 30, 2012
    Once I get the issue resolved, I will eagerly let everyone know.

16. Aiden

Aiden Karting

Mar 13, 2009
    Huntington Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Aiden Naughton
    I am happy ro report that we have finally resolved the issue. Thank you SW and Elite Motorsports.

17. ferrarilover

ferrarilover F1 Rookie

Nov 5, 2003
    Barrie, ON, Canada
    Full Name:
    Christopher Bailey
    Ok so question #1, why did you cross post this on multiple areas of FChat, and you now thank StreetKing and Elite HERE, and on the other forums it seems like an open issue, therefore slanderous towards this individual and company. If I was the business/StreetKing I'd be pi%sed!

a) no mention on other forums, and
    b) no apology for this behaviour?

Sheesh

I feel bad for this business who just got caught up in red tape and admits to their mistake publicly and openly.

Chris