Anyone dealt with Foreign Cars Italia in Greensboro, NC? | Page 3 | FerrariChat

Anyone dealt with Foreign Cars Italia in Greensboro, NC?

Discussion in 'North & South Carolina' started by Dragster, Jun 20, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. DrStranglove

DrStranglove FChat Assassin
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Google Maps
    Full Name:
    DrS
    Sorry Hank, that was not directed toward you specifically but to the company as a whole.

2. John Dowling

John Dowling Formula Junior

Oct 1, 2006
    Richmond, VA
    Full Name:
    John Dowling
    I worked with Jeff Francisco and Lawrence Martin last summer on a mint 04/05 F360 with about 1,000 miles. After some waffling on my part, they were gracious and said "they understood" every step of the way when I could not decide. When I committed to buying the car, they made it happen and it was everything they said it was. One of my conditions for getting the car (now-a-days, everyone's first Ferrari is a "used" Ferrari) was to get on the F430 list. After the car was sold, Lawrence was a bit evasive about taking my order and getting me "on the list", but after some persistance on my part, it happened. Not sure if I will ever be able to spec out and order a new F430, but I am "on the list" as I am told.

The contacted me for the VIR historic weekend last month and treated me like royalty setting me and the Richmond VA group up with VIP passes.

Lately, with my car going in for routine scheduled service, Matt Davis has been an absolute pleasure to work with, and their transporter driver was awesome, also.

So, overall, I have been very satisfied with FCI and see no reason to look elsewhere.

John
    Richmond, VA

3. Jati

Jati Formula Junior

Dec 3, 2004
    Florida & NC
    Full Name:
    Joe G.
    Everytime I hear someone mention getting on "The List", I laugh.....
    A couple of years ago, a good customer could get-in with a Ferrari dealer and obtain a new car at MSRP....These days it's $5,000 to $20,000 down and $60,000+ over sticker....If the dealer wants to be nice to a repeat buyer...I've heard tell that a few US dealers will still do MSRP after several cars are purchased with the premium added.

Although I like Lawrence at FCI...Everytime I speak with him about a car purchase, he tells me that if I would just buy more cars from him, I'd get on "The List"...... I guess the two previous car purchases were not enough, LOL..
    The only list I care to be on is Ferrari's factory list. It would be sweet to get a call inviting me to purchase the next FXX or F60 at MSRP, etc..

Joe

4. iufan993

iufan993 Karting

Jan 10, 2005
    Charleston, SC
    I have been reading this for a few days, so I'll chime in. I have a Maserati, not a Ferrari. I brought my car to FCI under warranty for 4 little items:

a) seat memory problem
    b) oil change
    c) heatlights aim too low
    d) adjust 2nd gear shift linkage

After 6 hours, a) and b) were fixed. I was told it was against policy to adjust headlights, and in order to work with the shift linkage it would take at least another day to "sort things out." I was also told that "Maseratis just shift that way." I requested to speak directly to the mechanic who looked at the car, but was only allowed to speak with the service representative. That always annoys me.

I went to FoA and c) and d) were fixed in 5 hours along with the 18500 mile service.

I thought FoA was very expensive, but the service rep took me to the mechanic, who went throught the itemized campaigns with me. There is always less lost in translation that way.

I choose to transport my car to the dealers because I live 4.5 hours from FCI and 5 hours from Atlanta. It means a day off of work and at least one night in a hotel. I don't complain about the drive because I understood what I was getting into when I bought the car, but the customer's schedule should be taken into consideration by the dealer.

Luckily customers have a choice.

Mine is not to go to FCI for service.

5. John Dowling

John Dowling Formula Junior

Oct 1, 2006
    Richmond, VA
    Full Name:
    John Dowling
    I completely agree, I am not holding my breath. Also, I have been told if I "build the relationship" then I will get taken care of. a) I have to spend money, and b) there is no guarantee. Building the relationship means buy high and sell low, pay a 10% consignment fee, and get my cars serviced (not just at FCI, but all dealers say the same thing).

For the eventual $10's of thousands of dollars I will spend and cars I will buy throughout the "relationship" I can just go buy what I want, when I want it off the Dupont Registry, Motorcars International, or wherever and not have all the headache of "relationship building" and not have to wait.

I have fully accepted the fact I will never get to spec out a car and order new, and I will just have the find the best <1,000 mile car on the market at the time I am ready to buy.

6. DrStranglove

DrStranglove FChat Assassin
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Google Maps
    Full Name:
    DrS
    Agreed! And when you are ready to buy, go see Steve Barny at Sport Auto! Dealing with FCI is like dealing with Tony Saprano!

7. Jati

Jati Formula Junior

Dec 3, 2004
    Florida &amp; NC
    Full Name:
    Joe G.
    ****For the eventual $10's of thousands of dollars I will spend and cars I will buy throughout the "relationship" I can just go buy what I want, when I want it off the Dupont Registry, Motorcars International, or wherever and not have all the headache of "relationship building" and not have to wait.****

The above is exactly how I feel.....Once I decide on a particular model of car, I seek it out and purchase it. Sadly for FNA & those of us who would like to buy our cars from a Ferrari dealer, the non-authorized exotic dealers are the guys who get those so-called "List" cars from the buyers who paid to wait. They typically advertise a better sellection of cars than any authorized dealers I know of. Also, with Ferrari dealers charging $60,000+ over MSRP....Paying an extra 10-30 grand to have the car "now" is acceptable.
    I only wish those who order their cars simply to turn, would get a clue and option them out properly....Tired of seeing all the 430 spiders with red carpet and red tachs. :p
    Ferrari North America would be better off pricing to market and having what they sell on their lots....Not on Billy Bob's Exotics, or Fred's Fast Italian Cars lots.
    Joe

8. henryr

henryr Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 10, 2003
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Juan Sánchez Villa-L
    i have never been to Sport Auto or FIC, but i have been by FOA. i've concluded that besides servicing why would you visit or purchase from dealer. FOA has it's list of favored buyers and they can sell 100% of there allocations. all of which are apparantly playing the "game". i have even heard of the buy a maser or aston and we'll see what we can do angle.

sure, u can spend $50k+ and wait years to play along. life is too short.

9. henryr

henryr Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 10, 2003
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Juan Sánchez Villa-L