Anyone Buying the 2016 NSX? | Page 6 | FerrariChat

Anyone Buying the 2016 NSX?

Discussion in 'General Automotive Discussion' started by lencap, Jul 9, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. cnpapa24

cnpapa24 F1 Rookie

Jan 19, 2014
    NOLA
    Full Name:
    Chris
    What an incredibly boring design.

2. subirg

subirg F1 Rookie

Dec 19, 2003
    Cheshire
    No idea why anyone would buy this new. Just like the old nsx, it's too bland and boring and has a Honda/Acura badge which means precisely nothing in crowd of ferraris porsche and mclarens. It is too slow and too late. It will be a disaster for the first owner just like the original and will be a great used buy. Just like the original. There is a pattern here that feels oh so familiar...

3. anunakki

anunakki Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 8, 2005
    Las Vegas Nevada
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    My memory is the Del Sol was pretty hated when it appeared as it was bloated and soft compared to the CRX

4. anunakki

anunakki Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 8, 2005
    Las Vegas Nevada
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    My friend who is a movie producer is getting one. I imagine thats a strong demographic for the car

But still, I tend to agree that its missed its mark.

5. Devilsolsi

Devilsolsi F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 1, 2007
    MD
    Full Name:
    Alex
    Del Sol was really no different than any other EG Civic (aside from the body and interior of course). The only exception was the Del Sol VTEC which had the 160hp dual cam B16 motor. All other EG civicx in the US, the best you could do was the single cam D16 125hp motor.

My first car was a Del Sol Si (which is where my username comes from). It was right during the import craze and I loved that car. It got stolen the day I finished ordering the last of the parts I needed for my turbo setup. :(

6. 308geo

308geo F1 Rookie

Nov 13, 2002
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    George Benton LaFleur
    The one-and-only original NSX was considered pricey for it's day too, but it was worth every penny...and still is. A good condition used one, over 20 years later, has only lost about 50% of it's MSRP value...whereas a Porsche can lose 50% of it's value in only two years. :D

The 1991 NSX was a game-changer that quietly sat the European automaker's in their seat by showing the world that a reliable exotic COULD be built and out-perform (speed & handling) the current day offerings. The fact that NSX embarrassed Ferrari's 348 is probably why some Ferrari fans still don't like the NSX to this day...LOL!

There might be more acceptance of the NSX 2.0 style & design IF they had at least one or two "missing link" models in between...like Corvette has. If you ceased Corvette production in 1991 (I use this year because that's when the NSX came out, and it essentially kept it's same design for the entire production run), then brought out the 2016/2017 Corvette, they wouldn't look too much alike either.

I second the comment above about the Mclaren MP4-12C...that body looks like what the NSX 2.0 SHOULD have come out looking like...IMHO.

Would I buy one? Maybe - after I actually get to see one in the flesh and drive it (and then only if I like it)...and after the "gotta be the first kid on the block with the new toy" fever & stealer-ship price-gouging dies down.

One thing is for sure, no matter what they call this new Honda, it will never be an NSX.

YMMV...

7. energy88

energy88 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2012
    West of Fredericksburg, VA
    Full Name:
    John
    The build-your-own web site is up:

Acura NSX 2017 | Acura.com

Unfortunately, any color other than red, black, or white is extra cost. Base starting price with destination: $157,800. Carbon fiber widely available for everything and can really drive the price up. We can see where this movie is going.

8. LightGuy

LightGuy Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 4, 2004
    Texas
    Full Name:
    David
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d8JwgDAPPqg[/ame]

9. LightGuy

Silver Subscribed

Oct 4, 2004
    Texas
    Full Name:
    David
    A more accurate review;
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GUDLUSqfqxg&ebc=ANyPxKpsZtF_kL6ImAx1GcqPblf-dAmrEvtI_n4SHc71VTtpKhzaWw5eUGlZYhE3G3mRaB5Y-8z7xYpIIpFk2PleqzixeGHxow[/ame]

10. Hocakes

Hocakes Formula Junior

Apr 24, 2010
    FL
    They canceled it because it wouldn't meet upcoming side impact standards.

11. TexasF355F1

TexasF355F1 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 2, 2004
    Cloud-9
    Full Name:
    Jason
  12. texasmr2

texasmr2 Two Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Oct 22, 2007
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Gregg
    I watched the video a few days back and did not feel the same but then again it may take another watch or two too catch what you saw. Overall I am impressed with the car and thought it sounded and performed well. If I was to win a contest though and given a choice between the 1st and 2nd gen NSX I would still take the 1st gen.

13. 95spiderman

95spiderman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    Well jay keeps saying hes buying one so I guess he doesn't hate it too much. Stupid for acura to show a black car that hides all the cool aero and design cues though

14. ARTNNYC

ARTNNYC F1 Rookie
    Owner

Jul 8, 2005
    NYC, FL
    Full Name:
    Jerome

Mine cost 194k optioned out on the website

hmmmm

15. rdefabri

rdefabri Three Time F1 World Champ

Jun 4, 2008
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Rich
    The design is growing on me...it looks fantastic. I don't agree with the MT video.

16. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    I saw it at the Chicago show. It looks ok but nothing exciting or even new (it looks like a mix of an Audi R8 and a BMW i8).

For $160k, id rather buy a user 12c or a new 991 TT. For the price of a nice specced one, you can pick up a nice 458 or maybe even a very low miles 650S...choice is easy.

17. ARTNNYC

ARTNNYC F1 Rookie
    Owner

Jul 8, 2005
    NYC, FL
    Full Name:
    Jerome
    I specced mine out on the Acura website and it came to 194k which would buy me a NEW R8 V-10 with a naturally aspirated 610 horsepower V-10 and a much nicer interior with great racing pedigree. Guess which I would buy first?

18. 95spiderman

Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    Its nsx vs r8 vs 570 vs ptts

I feel thats a close difficult decision between 4 great cars. Ptts for practicality. R8 for engine response and sound. 570 for exotic. Nsx for new tech. Any choice is a winner but I would chose used 458

19. INTMD8

INTMD8 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Jun 10, 2007
    Lake Villa IL
    Nope, just makes me want an old NSX more.

20. LightGuy

Silver Subscribed

Oct 4, 2004
    Texas
    Full Name:
    David
    MT said the steering was dead.
    That would be the kiss of death to me.
    As much as this may be a technological marvel if the car doesn't feel alive then what's the point ?

As far as looks yes its nice, not stellar... nice.

21. [gTr]

[gTr] Formula 3

Mar 11, 2008
    Hamburg, Germany
    The looks are the most disappointing aspect of this car which becomes even more evident when you put it next to the old NSX. The contrived way in which they have tried to incorporate the Acura front end makes it look bulky. The halo cars are meant to lead the design language forward and not the other way round i.e. following the existing (and not very popular) design cues. This car is a perfect example of too many teams and managers on a "project" and not enough designers. Even though the NSX will be released in a very strong (demand wise) car market for exotics, I am expecting big depreciation. My guess is these will drop to around $100K very quickly and then stabilize. It's just not exotic enough to play in the $150K+ sandbox.

22. 95spiderman

Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    cannot compare style of cars that are 25 yrs apart.

compare the nsx to 570 and r8 and I think nsx holds up well

23. 308geo

308geo F1 Rookie

Nov 13, 2002
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    George Benton LaFleur
    The NSX 2.0 and the Mclaren 570 both have "jagged" / "unfinished" / "torn-up" looking front ends...NOT slick and appealing...IMHO.

24. texasmr2

texasmr2 Two Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Oct 22, 2007
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Gregg
    I agree.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Overall I am happy that the NSX has survived.

25. lcworld

lcworld Formula Junior

Dec 25, 2013
    Used 1991-2005 NSX's prices have gone up .