Anyone Buying the 2016 NSX? | Page 5 | FerrariChat

Anyone Buying the 2016 NSX?

Discussion in 'General Automotive Discussion' started by lencap, Jul 9, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. rdefabri

rdefabri Three Time F1 World Champ

Jun 4, 2008
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Rich
    Don't like it, I prefer the original NSX.

2. marknkidz

marknkidz Formula 3

Oct 7, 2004
    so cal
    Full Name:
    mark
    #102 marknkidz, Feb 5, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    OH YEA!!!
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

3. Devilsolsi

Devilsolsi F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 1, 2007
    MD
    Full Name:
    Alex
    The reviews I have read aren't very impressive.

The photos haven't done a whole lot for me.

But I look forward to seeing one in person.

4. 95spiderman

95spiderman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    no one seems to like it and i dont know why.

ive seen it in person and its a beauty. better looking than new r8 and 570s that were parked right next to it. and it has most of the tech from the $1m 918. and its a great performer when ordered with summer tires and put in race mode. thats true for all cars.

sounds like a winner to me and that comes from someone who never liked the original ones

5. marknkidz

marknkidz Formula 3

Oct 7, 2004
    so cal
    Full Name:
    mark
    I like it too!! im just wondering if it needs another 100HP to really swing over the critics.

6. 95spiderman

Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    isnt it already 600 hp? i dont think anyone is expecting 700 hp at that price point. f12 is $400k for that kind of power. its just weird how so many people love the 918 at a million and hate this under $200k. other than the 918 targa top, they are very similar to me

7. marknkidz

marknkidz Formula 3

Oct 7, 2004
    so cal
    Full Name:
    mark

it has 560 hp (total, gas and electric).... im just saying.... Corvette Z06, Audi R8's all above 600HP. I just think the 600+ hp is the sweet spot for todays super car market.

just my Opinion... my normally aspirated 4 year old R8 GT has 560hp, id expect the latest generation gas/electric to push way past that.

8. slm

slm F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 5, 2004
    Near Lambeau field
    Full Name:
    Steve M
    I agree. Even then it will be at a disadvantage as it weights 3800 lbs. Where it is now, 500 hp with the extra electric motors to both front wheels and the single electric motor to the rear wheels gives a total of 560 hp. Giving away a lot of HP and weight.

I was interested in one as I like the looks and the tech is interesting. Probably more than enough power for the road. Talked to my closest accura dealer. Would be 3rd or 4th on their list and they are getting 2 allocations this year. they have no idea if or when they would get more. They wanted a $5000.00 deposit and would charge a premium over MSRP ($5-10,000.00, a bit vague on this point).

I think I will keep my McLaren.

9. 95spiderman

Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    from all the negative feedback in media and forums, I imaging they will be unloading unsold ones for huge discounts in near future. hope no one fall for the over msrp bs on this one.

10. FerrariF50lover

FerrariF50lover Formula 3

Aug 12, 2005
    Ohio
    Full Name:
    Nate
    The article I read said its to much like an Accord.

11. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    I think they missed the boat. Everyone loves and respects the original. It's as if they forgot every reason why when making this car. Too much technology, not enough driving pleasure. From what I hear the bizarre electric motor system actually gets in the way of it's handling. You could never say that "engineering" hurt the original's handling.

I've seen it in person. It's not a looker. It does not gather crowds. It's not ugly (although the front grill is too much Acura) but it's not "breathtaking" either. It's like I've seen some of this from Audi, some from McLaren, some from Lambo.

The first one really took people's breath away and directly hit Ferrari styling-wise. It showed Ferrari how it should be done.

My guess is:

1) Too many cooks spoil the broth.
    2) Three years of Honda talking about it have bored us all now that it's almost here.

12. SloW8

SloW8 Formula Junior

Jan 16, 2010
    The difference is that the Porsche overcomes the weight of the additional hybrid "stuff" with enough power to make it entertaining. Crushing the throttle of a 918 pointed down a straight is otherworldy... Around corners it can still holds its own because of the amazing amount of engineering and high spec materials that keep everything in check.

The original cars weren't amazing performers in outright numbers, there was generally something faster from the competitors over its long lifecycle but... It was incredibly satisfying to drive. Not really when you were just putting around, because it felt so refined and tame, like an Accord maybe. The harder you pushed it though, the more it would come together and feel so right. I was seriously underwhelmed when I first drove one through town and traffic. Once I got out to a twisty road and drove it with a little angst, it was really just amazing.

I haven't driven the new one but I don't think its going to have enough power to make it a super performer and the symbiotic relationship between driver and car will not have the same satisfying results because of all the electronic nannies put in between the driver and the complex powertrain. I may be wrong but after reading the reviews I don't think so.

13. 95spiderman

Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    well i would say Porsche did just a little bit better than 'entertaining'. 918 is arguable best performing car of all time. I don't think nsx has to compare to that but they did make an approximate the mere working wealthy can aspire to.

14. noone1

noone1 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jan 21, 2008
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Too pricey. I'm passing.

15. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    Seriously the Mac 570s is 1000% more interesting and exciting.

16. texasmr2

texasmr2 Two Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Oct 22, 2007
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Gregg
    I would buy one.

17. M Baker

M Baker Formula Junior

Apr 9, 2010
    Redmond, WA
    Full Name:
    Mark
    I have a 1991 (before it was Americanized) and your statement hit it on the nose.

18. Shark01

Shark01 F1 Veteran

Jun 25, 2005
    We may be looking at the next Viper......DOA on arrival.

I care about the looks, sounds, and handling when it comes to sportscars.

I don't want a bunch of technological gadgets and driver aids.

Honestly,in the price range WHO is going to buy this bloated tech laden monstrosity?

19. 95spiderman

Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    can you explain why the porsche 918 is revered with the same exact tech concept as nsx which is being trashed? serious question i would like answer to

20. Shark01

Shark01 F1 Veteran

Jun 25, 2005
    918 is lighter (somewhat) with ALOT more power in a very attractive exterior from a company with a long and recent history of world class sportscars.

Honda has none of these things.

They would have been better off building a light track car to compete with GT3s

Truthfully, I'm not interested in 918s technology either....would rather have a CGT, but at least Porsche did it right and can compete in their market segment, do not see Honda doing that in a very competitive area.

21. 95spiderman

Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    all true but Porsche made a very limited edition million dollar hypercar. nsx is the production, normal version.

22. F2003-GA

F2003-GA F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Sunbelt
    Full Name:
    Bro
    Exactly :)

23. energy88

energy88 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2012
    West of Fredericksburg, VA
    Full Name:
    John
    Aside from the buyers who will pay a premium over MSRP for the first examples on the road, I'm concerned that the car might be hitting just as the next economic downturn begins. Ferrari is already experiencing a slowdown in sales. The purpose of canceling the previous NSX program in 2005 was to avoid a soft market. Looks like Acura is too slow this time around- should have zigged when they should have zagged.

24. ARTNNYC

ARTNNYC F1 Rookie
    Owner

Jul 8, 2005
    NYC, FL
    Full Name:
    Jerome
    Honda needs and can afford to produce a flagship even if it is not a sales success. it will bring some much needed excitement to what has become a boring car company. They are also releasing a turbocharged Civic type R with 300hp

25. David Lind

David Lind Formula 3

Nov 19, 2008
    Full Name:
    David Lind
    True Dat about Honda becoming boring! Where are the new Del Sols, S 2000s, etc? I also tend to agree that the new NSX is too much science fair project and not enough sports car.