Anybody know if a set of manual 355 seats would work in a Mondial T ? | FerrariChat

Anybody know if a set of manual 355 seats would work in a Mondial T ?

Discussion in 'Mondial' started by Exoticar Auto, Aug 16, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Exoticar Auto

Exoticar Auto F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Dec 17, 2004
    Tampa Bay FL.
    Full Name:
    Exoticar Auto
    Any help would be appreciated.

2. AR!

AR! Formula Junior

Apr 8, 2004
    Berlin, Germany
    Up!

I have the same question ;)

3. richard_wallace

richard_wallace Formula 3

Feb 6, 2004
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Full Name:
    Richard Wallace
    From an Ex 355 owner...

If you don't have the 355 seats already or can get them for very cheap...

I would put a nice set of aftermarket - like Sparco or Ricarro or other. Reason being - the leather on the 355 seats are pretty soft (thus you will read all the threads on dye treatments, bolster wear, etc - no different (maybe a little better) than your Mondial. For about 1200 each (for the best Sparco Milano tan leather that matches the ferrari tan pretty nicely - or black) - you can have some of the best wearing, supportive seats for a good price. The sport cloth, etc are half that price.

You will have to use the universal adapter - but they will fit - and Sparco for example is very good to work with, etc.

Now if you get the 355 seats for nothing or very cheap - heck why not go for it... but otherwise aftermarket will last longer - and some of them look pretty good as well...

4. AR!

AR! Formula Junior

Apr 8, 2004
    Berlin, Germany
    Helpful information, thanks!

There are currently 355 seats on eBay, let´s see at which price the auction ends. I was initially thinking about spending 1000 EUR or so, but probably I should invest the time to find seats which are appropriate for the car.

5. RossoCorsaItaly

RossoCorsaItaly F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 9, 2004
    LA
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    Great post Richard and I can get pretty good deals to all members on here regarding any Sparco products so if you don't want to dish out the high retail prices give me a shout.

6. gio1992

gio1992 Rookie

Jun 29, 2005
    CT
    Full Name:
    Giovanni
    Does anyone know if they can go into the Mondial T without modification?

Although the aftermarket products are a good option, the question is still unanswered.

7. k wright

k wright Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 4, 2004
    North East TN
    Full Name:
    Kent Wright
    A little heads up on Sparco Milano prestige seats. I just got a pair and they are beutiful and comfortable and the rear part of the seat is too wide for the 355. I'll check and make sure that I didn't have the option of a smaller version of the seat as reported by Speedware.

Hey Daniel, aren't you glad you didn't wade into this any further?

Ken