Anybody ever use Lubefinder.com in the UK?? | FerrariChat

Anybody ever use Lubefinder.com in the UK??

Discussion in '360/430' started by caymangone, Jan 19, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. caymangone

caymangone Karting

Jan 13, 2017
    Missouri
    Full Name:
    Mike
    There is a company in the UK called lubefinder.com that repackages the original Shell oils in 1 liter quantities for resale. They seem to be an up-and-up company and have quickly responded to emails. They have the Shell Spirax S4 ATF HDX, which is the replacement for the original Donax TX, in 1 liter bottles and are reasonable in price and shipping to the U.S.. Converted to U.S., its $18.45/liter plus about $20 in shipping via DHL Express. Has anyone heard or used them?

Also as a side question, the original manual for my F430 shows the steering fluid to be the Shell Donax TA and the F1 system using the Donax TX but other sources show the Donax TX was used for both systems. There is a replacement equivalent for the TA as well which is the Spirax S2 ATF AX. So are people using the same fluids for both the Steering system and F1? I know folks are using equivalent oils found readily here in the U.S. but for the price and seemingly ease of getting it shipped to the U.S., , why not just stick with the original Shell brand. Also, the previous service records don't indicate what fluids were used and seeing that I'm not going to drain the whole system and refill (just going to suck out the reservoir and refill several times throughout the year on the steering system), I have compatibility concerns. My gut tells me the Ferrari dealership that serviced this car in the past used genuine Shell products.

2. mike32

mike32 F1 Veteran

May 13, 2016
    Isle of man- uk
    From what my dealer tells me the f1 fluid can be used for both as this is the higher of the 2 specs , the power steering spec not being available in the uk

3. caymangone

caymangone Karting

Jan 13, 2017
    Missouri
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Thanks Mike32!