Any talk of restarting Cappuccinos & Ferraris in Buckhead or still holding off? | FerrariChat

Any talk of restarting Cappuccinos & Ferraris in Buckhead or still holding off?

Discussion in 'South Central - USA (TN, MS, AL, GA)' started by 911&F430, May 22, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 911&F430

911&F430 Karting

Oct 14, 2014
    Atlanta
    Has there been any talk of having a May Cappuccinos & Ferraris?

2. aslowdodge

aslowdodge Karting

Jun 5, 2004
    Marietta, Georgia
    Well with the nicer weather it would be easy to social distance outside. I went on a car cruise with about 100 cars and no problems distancing in the parking lots and certainly not on the cruise.

3. ATLdoghouse

ATLdoghouse Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 3, 2016
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Cody L
    I did a drive two weeks ago with Tom, Paul, and Clyde, testing out a day trip route that might be of interest to the club. It's through the mountains around Chattsworth, Elijay and Jasper. Since a number of the members are in the northern suburbs it might be more appealing or not. Once in the mountains it's a two hour loop without a stop, but could include a brunch or lunch stop along the route or at my mountain house. There's a shorter variant that's only an hour or so as well. So basically it's an "all" day event, not any worse than the time it takes to play a round of golf ;)

DefunctNeurons likes this.
  4. 911&F430

911&F430 Karting

Oct 14, 2014
    Atlanta
    I've noticed they have grooved the center line and shoulder on some of those roads up there, like GA-136 and GA-52, effectively making the lane very narrow. It's even in a passing zone in one area. It really upsets a car with a stiffer suspension. It's a shame.

5. ATLdoghouse

ATLdoghouse Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 3, 2016
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Cody L
    #5 ATLdoghouse, May 24, 2020
    Last edited: May 24, 2020
    Yes I know. The grooving on 136 is mainly in Pickens county as the Dawson county portion is not that way. Keeping it in the lane to avoid crossing the center line provides an additional challenge and test of driving skills. Still can be a lot of fun though. Ask Tom as he followed me up the mountain.

This is the route we took. the way points were a little off, but you get the picture. We meet in Jasper and went north on 136 toward Elijay clockwise. We stopped at my mountain house on 136 (Tate Mountain Estates), basically at the top of the mountain before heading back down to Jasper. I don't recall but I do not think 52 is grooved from Elijay to ~Amicalola, and 136 from Amicalola to the Pickens county line is definitely not grooved.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

6. 911&F430

911&F430 Karting

Oct 14, 2014
    Atlanta
    That is almost exactly like one of my routes, including how you avoid the main 411 highway.

I'm glad that you are still able to enjoy those roads after they did all that grooving. With the grooving they have pretty much ruined them for me. The F430 was already a little too wide for some of them, but with the grooving making it effectively narrower and less safe I've been avoiding them. Which is a shame b/c 52 headed East out of Chatsworth was a really great road before. The cynical side of me thinks that may have been part of their goal in grooving them: to get driving enthusiasts to stop coming up there.

7. aslowdodge

aslowdodge Karting

Jun 5, 2004
    Marietta, Georgia
    I've driven those roads before. It would be a fun run.

8. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    Meanwhile, getting back to the original topic, are we meeting in Buckhead on Saturday morning? I've already been to two car gatherings, and it is fairly easy to stay 6 feet apart if you try.

911&F430 likes this.
  9. aslowdodge

aslowdodge Karting

Jun 5, 2004
    Marietta, Georgia
    Right now it's thundershowers for Sat, but that could change

10. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    Not from where I'm looking! The chance of rain is only around 10% at 10 AM, dropping to near zero by 1 PM, so I would call it basically nil.

11. 911&F430

911&F430 Karting

Oct 14, 2014
    Atlanta
    Yeah, forecast looks good. Time is getting short though.

12. 4right

4right F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

At this point, I would say that its a no.

13. spirot

spirot F1 World Champ

Dec 12, 2005
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Tom Spiro
    Buckhead Atlanta is not yet ready to allow a gathering -I will keep you posted when we can meet up

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat

14. 911&F430

911&F430 Karting

Oct 14, 2014
    Atlanta
    Thanks for the update, Tom.

15. DefunctNeurons

DefunctNeurons Formula Junior

May 15, 2018
    Alpharetta, GA
    Full Name:
    Trevor
    I’m guessing that we’re still in a holding pattern here (especially based on the FL case explosions)? Inquiring minds and all that...

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

SpencerMarks and 911&F430 like this.
  16. SpencerMarks

SpencerMarks Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 15, 2017
    Woodstock, Georgia
    Full Name:
    Spencer
    Caffeine and Octane/ Exotics both have dates next month so hope some news soon

DefunctNeurons likes this.
  17. spirot

spirot F1 World Champ

Dec 12, 2005
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Tom Spiro
    I’m working on it hope we can do one in july

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat

911&F430 likes this.
  18. 911&F430

911&F430 Karting

Oct 14, 2014
    Atlanta
    Cool, thanks!

19. spirot

spirot F1 World Champ

Dec 12, 2005
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Tom Spiro
    Any gathering will likely have the requirement of Masks and social distancing ... just putting that out there in advance.

20. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    I went to two car shows on Sunday and never felt in danger. Most car owners were wearing masks and keeping their distance. Is the shopping complex agreeable?

Austrian GP qualifying is until 10 AM, so if I come it would be after that.

21. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    Any chance of this happening this month? If not, there's a show called "Muscle & Exotics" in Peachtree Corners at 9 AM that I might attend. Fortunately the daily thunderstorms are again likely to hold off until late in the day.

22. Lanikai

Lanikai Formula Junior

Dec 18, 2003
    Atlanta, GA
    Full Name:
    Will Campbell
    There is a neat gathering of cars at the Panera Bread at 1195 Woodstock Rd in Roswell. It's a relaxed gathering that has been meeting for years. The group shows up at about 8am on the first Sunday of the month. This is not a rev your motor, make a bunch of noise kind of group but you may see anything from old Lotus race cars, old Porsches, Ferraris, old Corvettes, etc.

911&F430 likes this.
  23. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    I think I'll do this tomorrow morning:

https://www.facebook.com/events/262110751792337/?event_time_id=262110758459003

"Fire & Stone Italian Pizza Kitchen will be hosting Muscle & Exotics car day events starting Saturday July 25 @ 9am. This will be a monthly event hosted every 2nd to last Saturday of each month @ 9am, Bar opens at 10am - 12pm. This show is exclusively for Muscle & Exotic Cars. Come out and mingle with other car enthusiast alike. We ask that you support us along with other local businesses in Peachtree corners town center. Bring the kids, Park & playground on location as well."

24. 4right

4right F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

I agree, attended this last month and was very impressed with the people and the variety of cars. There was an old open wheel Bentley that I have never seen before in person. It’s such a massive car. The drive was fun, but my car prefers wide open roads and air flow. It was a bit of a traffic jam. Would certainly go again to see everyone and the cars.