Any suggestions on service in the KW area? | FerrariChat

Any suggestions on service in the KW area?

Discussion in 'Canada' started by robusto, Sep 5, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. robusto

robusto Rookie

Aug 29, 2017
    Hey guys

Hopefully this is the right place to post this question!

I'm looking to see if anyone in the Kitchener/Waterloo/Cambridge area has someone local they use (and can recommend) for service. I'm contemplating buying a 348 and will need some help soon.

Thoughts?

Cheers,
    R.

2. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    #2 of2worlds, Sep 6, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 6, 2017
    Can't give you a name for a mechanic but you should read the Forza #30 June 2001 if you can find a copy. Said to have more detailed info than the Forza #140 with it's 348 article.
    Did you find a 348 coupe or a spider sold new in USA or Canada? The Americans got the 'mouse motor' edition...

A few year ago there was a guy from Guelph with a black 348 spider he bought in Kansas for around 35k as I recall that needed some work. The cars are relatively straight forward as he did most of his own work on the 348. Don't go to Bridgeport; that guy hates Ferrari!

3. robusto

robusto Rookie

Aug 29, 2017
    Could use a bit more info on this - what to look for, etc. One of the 348's I'm looking at was a US car...

4. AceMaster

AceMaster Three Time F1 World Champ

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Hey Robusto, there are a few us here in London that are very handy with the 348 (I own one myself), we did the engine out on it ourselves.

of2worlds likes this.