Any SF90 slots? | FerrariChat

Any SF90 slots?

Discussion in 'SF90 Stradale' started by Foxxer, Feb 23, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Foxxer

Foxxer Rookie

Jan 15, 2021
    Full Name:
    David Martin
    I bought a v12 lusso recently and had a 458. I am interested in purchasing an SF90 however I don’t have any core dealer relationships with Ferrari here in the US and when I tried calling a few dealers they were only interested in how many cars I’d buy from them before they gave me a slot.

My company does the tech systems / UI design for Aston to Ford to Tesla. So I can’t just buy 2 or 3 superfasts to qualify. I have other cars in the garage I need the space for, cars I have to actually work on.

One dealer has a slot for “10K” but the car won’t arrive until summer 2022.
    Does anyone have a slot for earlier delivery?
    Thxs

David

2. GreenLantern

GreenLantern Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 23, 2010
    CA, NV, TX
    I honestly thought the SF90 wouldn't be this hard to find allocations for... It never struck me as an in-demand model like the 488 Pista, for instance.

Frankly I'm a bit surprised.

Can't help you, but I do hope someone's able to help. :)

Gh21631, SECRET and Foxxer like this.
  3. F2003-GA

F2003-GA F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Sunbelt
    Full Name:
    Bro
    #3 F2003-GA, Feb 23, 2021
    Last edited: Feb 23, 2021
    Its a game they play tell them you have a 30k deposit and to call you when
    they're ready to take an order at MSRP and someone will call you in 4-6 months

4. GreenLantern

GreenLantern Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 23, 2010
    CA, NV, TX
    That makes sense to me (based on what my understanding was, which led my post above).

It's not like there's thousands of people knocking on their doors to order an SF90 like the Pista Spider.

F2003-GA likes this.
  5. willcrook

willcrook Formula 3

Feb 3, 2009
    UK
    you don't need space in your garage, many people bought Lusso's to get a a pista that weren't delivered to the owners, just kept in the showroom/dealerhship until the owners decided to take the 100k hit

D11 likes this.
  6. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Hopefully some place nice.
    Full Name:
    A.B
    From where I sit, SF90 sales have done well. No allocations to be had where I am, coupès or Spiders.

Sent from my SM-G930F using FerrariChat.com mobile app

7. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Full Name:
    A.B
    I think you will have a very hard time getting a car prior to 2022. There are still plenty waiting on deliveries of cars configured 12 months ago. If you get an allocation in 6 months, expect another 6-8 months before delivery, if not more.

8. [gTr]

[gTr] Formula 3

Mar 11, 2008
    Hamburg, Germany
    Seems like the 1000 coupes and 1000 spiders number is correct. Even if the car is not red hot like the Pista its not a lot of cars and Ferrari has a pretty long list of rich clients globally. A lot of folks mentioned walking in a being able to buy one but so far that is not the case, at least not according to Fchat info.
    @Foxxer maybe offer to add 100k+ in Atelier options. But then again that will probably add 6-8 additional months to your build time so you are back to the 2022 timeline.

gzachary, D11 and Caeruleus11 like this.
  9. D11

D11 Karting

Sep 26, 2010
    I agree with the last few posts. Some members on this forum, particularly those that don’t care for the car perhaps, are claiming that SF90’s are easily obtainable and readily available, yet I find that to be only the contrary. Far fewer units will be built than 812 or 812 GTS from everything I’ve been told. Dealers seem to have plenty of deposits in house and the build times are way out. I’m going with the Spider and I’m 18-24 months out from what I’ve been told.

Ltfor3, waterking and of2worlds like this.
  10. F2003-GA

F2003-GA F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Sunbelt
    Full Name:
    Bro
    Do you speak for the US market or your own country

11. D11

D11 Karting

Sep 26, 2010
    US

of2worlds likes this.
  12. waterking

waterking Karting
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 15, 2011
    Texas
    The car is very desirable in the US and is extremely hard to get a slot for. If you don't have one now or just-around-the-corner...the wait will be to '22. Seems that those that actually have access to a slot for one, be it coupe or spider, are committed to getting the car. Seeing the car in person is really affecting the current buyer list in a positive way. The spider just opened its US "concert" run in Texas and if you get a chance to see the car most will agree with what I am saying. I am currently awaiting a coupe.

Il Co-Pilota, D11 and bwshihtzu like this.
  13. Texas2step

Texas2step Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 25, 2018
    Full Name:
    Bola olusola
    Totally agree. I saw the spider at Boardwalk Ferrari earlier this week and it is stunning. Looks so much better in real life

[gTr], waterking, bwshihtzu and 2 others like this.
  14. Foxxer

Foxxer Rookie

Jan 15, 2021
    Full Name:
    David Martin
    Thanks for the replies all. Still looking. DM if you have any leads.

15. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Full Name:
    A.B
    So interesting reading these comments. Todat I also spoke to another guy who has VIP starus and he is not abme to find one here in northern Europe.

Yet we still have negative comments about the car saying that it is not desirable and that any idiot who wants one can get one.

Right...

italiafan, JJ77, gzachary and 3 others like this.
  16. hagen111

hagen111 Karting

Feb 25, 2006
    There has been some re-assign of supply by Ferrari from countries with low demand to countries with higher demand, end of last year. I was offered a slot that was newly allocated for 2022 delivery.. you are at the end of the line.

Then when SF90 Spider was introduced...got another phone call...if I wanted a coupe for somewhere 2021 delivery, as some owners wanted to swap to Spider.

It did not bite the bullet. Drove the car today...massively impressive! Well done for those who expect delivery of SF90, very special car!

D11, F2003-GA, tfazio and 2 others like this.
  17. hagen111

hagen111 Karting

Feb 25, 2006
    I think the window has closed and most open slots have been taken by now. I think the car has turned out better (faster and more beautiful) than initially perceived by the audience. So the last people considering an allocation, will have closed on the opportunity by now and I would not be surprised that Ferrari have ticked the box on all demand satisfied.

That said...I am 100% sure you will still be able to find a new allocation, if only because we are still in Covid lockdown in most countries and some business owners are suffering and rather have the cash than the allocation/car...

of2worlds, technom3 and Caeruleus11 like this.
  18. xskier

xskier Formula Junior

Mar 2, 2013
    F2003-GA likes this.
  19. xskier

xskier Formula Junior

Mar 2, 2013
    Tell him to have a chat with some swiss dealers,
    down here it looks different at last at one dealer i know, or some pre configuered cars avaliable at or under list new.

F2003-GA likes this.
  20. F2003-GA

F2003-GA F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Sunbelt
    Full Name:
    Bro
  21. JJ77

JJ77 Formula Junior

Oct 3, 2020
    Not telling IMHO.... it’s 20,000€ off for a very good reason, the stripe option on a White Car. Tough sell. Maybe a Blue Stripe without red border, but this just does not look right.

F2003-GA likes this.
  22. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
  23. FerrariCognoscenti

FerrariCognoscenti Formula 3

Jan 19, 2021
    East Coast
    That car is a disaster and is in no way representative of the market. I think Ferrari should have the right to refuse certain specs. That car is unsellable in its current spec. Best thing to do is wrap it to something else then sell at MSRP.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

24. xskier

xskier Formula Junior

Mar 2, 2013

Well i for one think it is ok. The buyer spent most of his car „not exactly“ mainstream.

Here was the question of slots and prices under MSRP, and there are certainly some offers.
    I wish the sf90 would hold his price as a la ferrari or a tdf. Bur it is just not the case. Therefore i drive it and enjoyed the most ever day a i can

25. F2003-GA

F2003-GA F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Sunbelt
    Full Name:
    Bro
    Color is questionable But why in the world is it on offer for sale in the first place ?
    Tells you flippers are getting cars and now getting burnt IMO