Any Roseville Cars or Sac Cars? | Page 3 | FerrariChat

Any Roseville Cars or Sac Cars?

Discussion in 'California & Nevada (Northern)' started by drpetril, Nov 10, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. norcal2

norcal2 F1 Veteran

I used to be at E-Sunday with my Gallardo, stopped going as it got way to commercialized, there is a guy at Winchester with a 360 CS that used to go as well...glad you guys are having fun!

2. Ninpo4me

Ninpo4me Karting

Jul 5, 2009
    Auburn CA
    Full Name:
    Pierre
    That is exit 115 Newcastle, cross the bridge up and over highway. The tunnels are few and far between and this is the best I have found so far. Can't wait for the next drive with everyone. Sad but true about Euro$unday

3. drpetril

drpetril Formula Junior

Sep 25, 2009
    Reno NV and N. CA
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Thanks, that was a pretty decent tunnel.

4. drpetril

drpetril Formula Junior

Sep 25, 2009
    Reno NV and N. CA
    Full Name:
    Dave
    You guys should come driving with us, we want to build up a larger consistent group. What color is your lambo? I wonder if I have seen it around.

5. Logical1

Logical1 Karting

Apr 14, 2007
    CA
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Is there a plan for caravanning from the Roseville area? Say maybe meet at Peet's at the Fountains for some Joe before heading downtown?

Dave B.

6. SillyPuppy

SillyPuppy Formula 3

Aug 2, 2005
    A couple of the FCA guys (myself included) are meeting at the Peet's downtown on 20th and J Streets at 8:30 - feel free to caravan with us the last couple of miles, if you like!

SP

7. Logical1

Logical1 Karting

Apr 14, 2007
    CA
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Sounds good Orrie. See you there.

Dave B.

8. drpetril

drpetril Formula Junior

Sep 25, 2009
    Reno NV and N. CA
    Full Name:
    Dave
    My car is in the shop again, working on getting that ECU fixed. Wish I could go.

9. Logical1

Logical1 Karting

Apr 14, 2007
    CA
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Hey Guys,
    Took a ride up the hill with my son this PM to Iphone video a run through the tunnel at high revs. Went through from the low side first as a test, then turned around and came through again stretching second gear to 7,000 RPM and shifting to third. WOW! Classic. We burst into the light and I braked quickly down to 50 mph just in time to see a CHP parked and watching for speeders. By the way he was watching he obviously heard us come through the tunnel, but we were at the speed limit as we came into his view. Cool. He stared us down but didn't follow.

Still looking forward to meeting you guys for coffee and a drive sometime soon.

Dave B.

10. jm3

jm3 F1 Rookie

Oct 3, 2002
    United States
    Full Name:
    JM3
  11. drpetril

drpetril Formula Junior

Sep 25, 2009
    Reno NV and N. CA
    Full Name:
    Dave
    At the Roseville Bars! lol. Crush is cool, before they go under. I haven't been to Hawks, but it looks like a nice place, wouldn't mind trying it out. The other I have not heard of. Finally got my car back, and ready to drive!

12. Logical1

Logical1 Karting

Apr 14, 2007
    CA
    Full Name:
    Dave
    I suggest a visit to Maranello's in Fair Oaks. Just opened by Ferrari guy Joe Hensler. Let's go to the happy hour at 5:00 and have a glass of something red. I'll be there with a red Ferrari F-1 hat on. :) Hope you guys can make it.

13. jm3

jm3 F1 Rookie

Oct 3, 2002
    United States
    Full Name:
    JM3
    Are you referring to tonight the 30th?

14. drpetril

drpetril Formula Junior

Sep 25, 2009
    Reno NV and N. CA
    Full Name:
    Dave
    I am assuming he means tonight. Hmm, everyone just went there for the christmas party. I was thinking of try out Hawks. Well let me know what you guys decide.

15. SillyPuppy

SillyPuppy Formula 3

Aug 2, 2005
    I'd vote for trying out Hawks - what time are we thinkin'?

16. jm3

jm3 F1 Rookie

Oct 3, 2002
    United States
    Full Name:
    JM3
    I was just at Maranello too, and as much I enjoyed the GM/bartendress, I like Hawks. I've only been there for dinner, but they seem to have a nice bar at the entry. There was a wine bar next door, but I think they priced themselves out during 2008 and closed.

The surviving wine bars (Crush 29 is a bar that serves wine, not a wine bar) such as Back Wine bar in Folsom are doing very well. The not so good, the expensive ones, or the ones that didn't reevaluate their pricing in 2008 are flat out closed.

17. drpetril

drpetril Formula Junior

Sep 25, 2009
    Reno NV and N. CA
    Full Name:
    Dave
    I say we meet at hawks about 8 or 9ish, I think 5 is a little early. What do you guys think?

18. SillyPuppy

SillyPuppy Formula 3

Aug 2, 2005
    Sounds like a good plan - I won't be free until about 8:30 or so anyways. :)

OP

19. drpetril

drpetril Formula Junior

Sep 25, 2009
    Reno NV and N. CA
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Okay, I'll be there about 9-9:15

20. Logical1

Logical1 Karting

Apr 14, 2007
    CA
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Hawks is good. I'll try to make it. Turns out Maranello's doesn't officially open till tomorrow, so its out anyway.

21. jm3

jm3 F1 Rookie

Oct 3, 2002
    United States
    Full Name:
    JM3
    #71 jm3, Dec 30, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 30, 2010
    I'll be there at Hawk's on the earlier side, I had a long day. Tell Adam he is invited.

Jay

22. drpetril

drpetril Formula Junior

Sep 25, 2009
    Reno NV and N. CA
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Had a great time with everyone the other night. Let's carry out with the plan. Happy new year!!!!

23. Logical1

Logical1 Karting

Apr 14, 2007
    CA
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Agreed. Glad we got together and made plans that others will enjoy too. Great start and a great bunch of guys at the core.

24. SillyPuppy

SillyPuppy Formula 3

Aug 2, 2005
    Absolutely. I promise next time, I'll let someone else do some talkin'. :|

As I told Jay yesterday morning - no drugs, not even coffee. And I'm like that. I swear, Corrie thinks I'm a cartoon character.

25. F1.360.LOVER

F1.360.LOVER Formula Junior

Dec 12, 2009
    Central Florida
    Full Name:
    Nate
    Sorry I missed meeting up with you guys @ Hawks. I'm down with a bad cold. Hope to ge t together next time. Nate