430 - Any red flags here? Considering this F430. | Page 2 | FerrariChat

430 Any red flags here? Considering this F430.

Discussion in '360/430' started by greggma, Jul 19, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Dean Palmer

Dean Palmer Formula Junior

May 21, 2010
    St. Petersburg, FL
    Full Name:
    Dean Palmer
    I think everyone is very clear that dealers use BAT to a large degree. Also, every one of us here may be an "expert" in certain areas or on certain subjects, not always related to cars specifically.

Many of these keyboard warriors are obviously there to just chat, others bring up history, mechanical issues, simple fixes, caution about indicators of issues, and other helpful stuff.

The point is that on BAT different from other sites, is that regular viewers can post and talk/post about a vehicle, can ask the seller questions publicly, and get input from other observers on the possible issues with a specific car, or brand/model. It becomes clear who the "experts" are as many folks have a long history and reputation in some brand/model combos, and many of those folks end up being fellow F-Chat folks too in the case of the Ferraris listed. If you spend much time on BAT you can see sellers that are slow to respond get called out. You can see all the chatter, and if you are not careful, you might even learn something ;-)

I don't see any other major "for sale" or auction sites that allow such public communication, so YES, I do "trust" the overall "experience" available using BAT. Don't twist the word "trust" as nobody really trusts a seller 100% and dealers are typically not honest as a rule.

You can also look at a member or seller's profile and info, and look at their communications, and listings. It's just more open and with public information exchange, so not sure why anyone would discount it as one of the better ways to bid on a car online. If people do not like auctions or online, there are plenty of traditional ways to search and buy.

2. Shark01

Shark01 F1 Veteran

Jun 25, 2005
    Certainly agree there are many ways to buy a car, I just prefer getting a thorough inspection by an actual expert and looking a seller in the eye.....which is a methodology that does not favor an auction setting.

3. Dean Palmer

Dean Palmer Formula Junior

May 21, 2010
    St. Petersburg, FL
    Full Name:
    Dean Palmer
    Agreed, I have bought a lot of cars in my life, and the few I have bought sight-unseen have been the stressful ones for sure. I resist using auctions, but I gotta say that if a certain spec for a certain model showed up, I'd have to calculate my risk/reward ratio :) I've not bought a few cars recently just because I was not able to travel and see them, or arrange a PPI for various reasons. I gotta say, hunting down cars before the internet sucked. At least we have more choices and a huge net to throw when looking!

4. Shark01

Shark01 F1 Veteran

Jun 25, 2005
    IDK, those days when the new Hemmings or DuPont registery would come in the mail were highlights if my month. Things moved at a slower pace and I felt like people were more honest.

5. Enzo Sebastian

Enzo Sebastian Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 2, 2020
    Amsterdam
    Full Name:
    Laurence Sebastian
    FWIW: I bought my F430 with a brand new clutch. My friend bought his F430 with about 55% clutch life left. It drives quite well. Nothing to worry about.

6. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

Looks sweet!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk