any owners here? Chevy Avalanche or Caddy EXT ??? | FerrariChat

any owners here? Chevy Avalanche or Caddy EXT ???

Discussion in 'General Automotive Discussion' started by Doody, Oct 29, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Doody

Doody F1 Veteran

Nov 16, 2001
    MA USA
    Full Name:
    Mr. Doody
    anybody here own a Chevrolet Avalanche or a Cadillac EXT?

curious to hear owner opinions on them.

a buddy of mine is about to buy the EXT to replace his Dodge full-bed pickup and Range Rover.

i've been considering a pickup truck, but if i can replace my jeep grand cherokee with one of these and skip the pickup truck, that's interesting.

tia,
    doody.

2. Teenferrarifan

Teenferrarifan F1 Rookie

Feb 21, 2003
    Media, PA
    Full Name:
    Erik
    Doody my Dad owned an excalade EXT for about a year. He didn't like it at all. It is a pain in the ass to back up because when you look through the back glass it seems like the tailgate is even closer then it appears so you always end up with 3 ft. left to back up. The sensors help a little but you have to learn to trust them. Also, taking out the back glass and folding down the seats takes a lot longer then that commercial they used to show. It was cool though to just remove the back window. the interior is sharp though. But, I don't know what you normally haul but I would rather have a nice SUV and a beater pick up. It was nice though because my mom and dad didn't mind going out in it. The brakes like any H2 or suburban SUCK. He only kept it a year as it just wasn't what he wanted. He now drives an XLR everyday. Depreciation wasn't as bad as you would think.
    Erik

3. No Mercy

No Mercy Karting

Feb 11, 2004
    Lone Tree, CO
    Full Name:
    Bill
    I have an Avalanche and use it as my daily driver. It is the perfect blend of comfortable SUV and truck. By far the most usefull vehicle I have ever owned. I chose it over the Caddy, (my wife has the standard Escalade), because I want to be able to take it off road and it is an "outside" vehicle. The Caddy is too nice to beat up on ...

If I lived in a sunny warm climate I would go with the Caddy.