Any opinion on car spotting websites? | FerrariChat

Any opinion on car spotting websites?

Discussion in 'Technology' started by bitzman, Jan 29, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. bitzman

bitzman F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Feb 15, 2008
    Ontario, CA
    Full Name:
    wallace wyss
    I think it's called exotic spotters, something like that, You go to it and in the SEARCH slot write the model of car and the country or city and it pops up with a few pictures taken by bystanders, the city, the date. I typed in Bizzarrini and right away found one in Agoura Hills, CA which got me excited because two decades have gone by before i saw one on the street (not counting Monterey Car Week) . Then I found a German site, one which had a Bizzarrini in Paris. So I'm saying these are great for confirming such and such a car has been, or is, is in a certain country because someone spotted it there. Now the privacy advocates will yell "Who gave them permission to post a picture of my car on the net?" but I say if you don't want someone to know you have the car then leave it in your garage under a tarp. But i ask is that any way to live your life? I have a friend with a million dollar car hidden away for 30 years because he doesn't want anyone to know he has it. But he could die of old age an, never having driven his dream car, which he owns.
    Now as far as what good the information that such a car is in that city, I ay it's all how secure the license plate system is in that vicinity. In calif. after one nut murdered a starlet whose address he bought from Motor Vehicles by showing them her plate number they made it hard to look up plates but in the rest of the country, or world, they might not be so strict.

Opinions?

2. bitzman

bitzman F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Feb 15, 2008
    Ontario, CA
    Full Name:
    wallace wyss
    I forgot to include the sample picture. I was happy I found three Bizzarrinis pictured. As far as the license plate in Calif. at car events i see guys running European plates on a European car. You could always get a ticket but if you have the real Calif. plate with current year tag on the back window sill ready to show, you might talk your way out of it.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

3. Schultz

Schultz Karting

Mar 9, 2014
    Midwest
    I like autogespot and its fun to view. If privacy is your concern, you should see some of car spotting groups on facebook! Many of them have multiple people spotting the same special/unique/bad cars on the daily. Some of these cars or owners get famous/infamous quickly.