Any one know Kulu Motorcar? | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Any one know Kulu Motorcar?

Discussion in 'Canada' started by speedyb, Oct 4, 2012.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Fave

Fave F1 Rookie

Aug 12, 2010
    Tarana
    Full Name:
    L. Ike Hunt
    The Gasworks! lol

2. PbPedis

PbPedis Formula Junior

May 6, 2007
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Dennis
    I'm sure he loves Ferraris (who doesn't?), but he told me "Porsches are the best cars".

3. MD911

MD911 Formula Junior

Sep 27, 2007
    Kulu is a great guy, and drives the right cars...daily drives the air cooled Porsche's...the right ones. ;)

4. Rock

Rock Formula 3

Nov 9, 2003
    Toronto, Canada
    Full Name:
    Rocco
    for the winter

5. MS250

MS250 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Full Name:
    Avvocato
    +1

6. Racer44

Racer44 Karting

Jul 18, 2009
    Calgary
    Full Name:
    Tony
    I bought my 360 spider and my F430 from Kulu. Most honest guy you will ever buy a car from. Beautiful facility, excellent service. ZR's service and shop was a joke when I went there looking to spend $200,000. Kulu has my business for life.

7. shawsan

shawsan Formula 3

Jul 2, 2004
    Vancouver, Canada
    I bought my first Ferrari, a 355 spider via Kulu in Calgary. The car turned out to be a total lemon, costing me $15K in the first year, and another $15K the second year. Nevertheless, the problems I encountered were more attributable to my haste in getting the car, as well as problems endemic to the 355, rather than any wrong doing or poor performance on Kulu's part. My recollection of Kulu is he provided good, conscientious service.

8. ferrarilover

ferrarilover F1 Rookie

Nov 5, 2003
    Barrie, ON, Canada
    Full Name:
    Christopher Bailey
    We could start a whole new thread right there on that quote. Although yes I've been severely bit by the F bug, I dobelieve there is some truth to that statement.

Chris

9. 348FTW

348FTW Rookie

Jul 29, 2006
    I have purchased four cars from Kulu over the years and so have numermous friends of mine. All the cars I have purchased were fully serviced and perfect. I am very particular about my cars and he is extremely diligent and meticulous. I have never met such an honest invdividual in the car business. Sam, I find it hard to believe that there would have been an issue with a vehicle purchase that he would not stand behind. He has always told me if the car was not what he represented he will buy it back. He has a customer for life.

10. Racer44

Racer44 Karting

Jul 18, 2009
    Calgary
    Full Name:
    Tony
    I agree, would love to know "the rest of the story".

11. 27f1

27f1 Rookie

Oct 6, 2012
    Full Name:
    Lawrence
    I have known Kulu for more than 10 years, done many deals with him. Firstly, there is no question that the cars he sells are absolutley first rate, and that he stands behind them. He has an "A" list client base and he has earned the trust of all the 'big' collectors in the area.

The only negative things that I have ever heard are whining from competitors, thinking they have some sort of entitlement to control all the cars that they try to represent, who get mad when 'their' customers buy and sell through Kulu. If they did a better job they wouldn't lose the business!

12. JamesSimpson

JamesSimpson F1 Rookie

Jun 29, 2005
    Toronto,CANADA
    Full Name:
    James Simpson
    I've known and dealt with Kulu personally for 6-7 years now and have had nothing but positive experiences and is someone I can email/call if there's something I need an opinion on.

I'm sure if you contacted him directly he'd be willing to rectify whatever you're issue with him is.

He's a nice guy and one of the best guy's in the business in my opinion.

Cheers
    James Simpson

p.s same with Richard at Motion Endeavours.

13. samsaprunoff

samsaprunoff F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 8, 2004
    Edmonton, AB Canada
    Full Name:
    Sam Saprunoff
    Good day 348TW,

The issue I had with Kulu was not related to a car he was representing, but rather how he was conducting himself in a potential auto transaction that I was apart of. As they say one's first impression tends to last and unfortunately my first experience was not overly positive. In regards to your comment, you can believe whatever you wish, however, let it be known that I a complete e-mail trail that supports my position. From what others have posted my experience appears to be the exception than the rule with Kulu, and that in itself is a good thing.

Cheers,

Sam

14. samsaprunoff

samsaprunoff F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 8, 2004
    Edmonton, AB Canada
    Full Name:
    Sam Saprunoff
    Good day Racer44,

And I would ask why do you want to know? This is hardly the place to discuss matters such as this. The OP asked if anyone had any experiences with Kulu and you, I, and others have responded. I am glad that others have had positive experiences with Kulu, but I for one did not. What is there more to say?

Cheers,

Sam

15. MS250

Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Full Name:
    Avvocato
    Not much Sam, I don't understand this need with everyone that everything has to be perfect. If you are in business long enough, you find at least once something doesn't go according to plan. I'm sure their is at least one person on fchat that doesn't like Big Red either.....boo woo!
    :p

Nothing further to explain Sam !

16. ClassicFerrari

ClassicFerrari F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jan 7, 2004
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Vasco
    One?

17. Racer44

Racer44 Karting

Jul 18, 2009
    Calgary
    Full Name:
    Tony
    Well, on the other forum I belong to (largest automotive forum in the world I believe), if someone posts a potentially harmful thread like this, we like to get it out in the open. Not saying this is the case, but almost always, things come out when all the facts come out and it is the poster who started the thread that ends up being the problem. Like I said, not saying this is the case, but if you come on here and post bad of a Vendor without facts or details, it could hurt his business for no good reason at all.
    Thanks

18. samsaprunoff

samsaprunoff F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 8, 2004
    Edmonton, AB Canada
    Full Name:
    Sam Saprunoff
    Good day Racer44,

I do not need to publicly justify, substantiate, or in any way defend my experience to you or anyone else on here and I would ask who made you the official referee/judge that has the authority to request/encourage publication such details? My experience was not positive and yours was... what is the problem here? I never stated the Kulu did anything sinister, etc but that I was not impressed with my experience with Kulu. I would add that if a firm's business is so tarnished by one person's negative experience, what does that say about the business? If anyone is affecting Kulu's business it is you and others that cannot let this issue rest. I for one have stated my experience and I am quite willing to leave it at that.

Cheers,

Sam

19. DrDon

DrDon F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jul 11, 2012
    Infractionville
    Full Name:
    Armando Decredenza
    It's no different than if there had been a poll.

Is Kulu A good guy to deal with:

Racer44: Good
    Vasco: Good

Sam: Bad

DrDon: Dunno

Polls don't ask you to defend your position before you vote.

20. MS250

Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Full Name:
    Avvocato

+1

Good analysis Don !

21. ferrarilover

ferrarilover F1 Rookie

Nov 5, 2003
    Barrie, ON, Canada
    Full Name:
    Christopher Bailey
    I vote: good!

22. speedyb

speedyb Karting

Jul 26, 2010
    toronto
    Full Name:
    bill rowley

Hi James, tried to send a pm, but your full up.

Bill

23. Racer44

Racer44 Karting

Jul 18, 2009
    Calgary
    Full Name:
    Tony
    OK Sam......LOL

24. speedyb

speedyb Karting

Jul 26, 2010
    toronto
    Full Name:
    bill rowley
    As always, very interesting where these threads end up.

Thanks for all the great recommendations and even the not so great recommendation. In fact that's what led to a very open conversation between Kulu and I.
    I'm looking forward to going out to Calgary and seeing if we can do a little business.

Thanks again,
    Bill

25. ferrarilover

ferrarilover F1 Rookie

Nov 5, 2003
    Barrie, ON, Canada
    Full Name:
    Christopher Bailey
    All the best, and keep us updated on any purchases, including pics!

And FYI, Calgary is my hometown, so I'm jealous you're going there. I was back home in may for 2 weeks. Good times.