Any NC Ferrari Owners on Here??? | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Any NC Ferrari Owners on Here???

Discussion in 'North & South Carolina' started by dmcgibbo, Sep 2, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Europeanroadandracing

Europeanroadandracing South Carolina
    Professional Ferrari Technician

Dec 19, 2003
    Isle of Palms, SC
    Full Name:
    Karl Troy
    The internet is a powerful tool. Good or Bad. Glad you found this wonderful group.

2. Valenzo

Valenzo F1 Veteran

Dec 4, 2010
    IL & NC
    Full Name:
    Ted
    Happy birthday Karl. Sleep in maybe.

3. Europeanroadandracing

Europeanroadandracing South Carolina
    Professional Ferrari Technician

Dec 19, 2003
    Isle of Palms, SC
    Full Name:
    Karl Troy
    No chance Ted. Wide awake at 5:30. Even on my day off. Can't find the switch for the internal clock.
    Thank you Ted. Hope to see you again soon.
    Hammer time.

4. Deiger

Deiger Formula Junior

Jul 4, 2011
    Right there with you. Can seem to make to my old wake up time of 6:30am. Was up this morning wide awake at 5:00am. Time to go rake leaves and maybe drive the F-Car.

Deiger

5. raider1968

raider1968 F1 Rookie
    Owner

Mar 13, 2008
    NC Mnts & Asheville
    Full Name:
    John E
    Hey guys - I have been retired for 8 years - shut off that internal clock several years ago - took a while - people ask me all the time if I miss the action (used to own resorts) - I'm like what are you nuts - saw my customers every day for 35 years - 37,000 families a year - that's why I we live on a mountain ridge by ourselves - not a house in sight!

6. MarkNC

MarkNC Formula Junior
    Owner

May 22, 2012
    Full Name:
    Mark
    That's me. The FF is silver and the McLaren is black. I have a friend nearby who owns a 430 Spider and there's an absolutely gorgeous titanium silver (or is it light blue) 458 Spider nearby as well. There are lots of Ferraris in the Raleigh/Cary area.

7. DrStranglove

DrStranglove FChat Assassin
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Google Maps
    Full Name:
    DrS
    Go go google!

8. nicholasn

nicholasn Formula 3

Nov 7, 2013
    North Carolina
    Full Name:
    Nicholas
    It must be awesome to walk into your garage and see three exotics just waiting to be driven.

Not trying to be personal or anything, but are you near Creedmore Rd? Reason I'm asking is, there have been a ton of exotics spotted around there, including an FF and an MP4-12C Spider, and I think yours may be the only ones in Raleigh.

9. MarkNC

MarkNC Formula Junior
    Owner

May 22, 2012
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Yeah those both would have been me :)

10. nicholasn

nicholasn Formula 3

Nov 7, 2013
    North Carolina
    Full Name:
    Nicholas
    That's awesome. I've seen your 458 at Cars & Coffee, but I haven't seen the MP4 or FF. I've actually never seen a McLaren in person, although I don't think it helps that the nearest dealer is in Pennsylvania.

Seen a few FF's in Charlotte, and about flipped out when I did!

11. MarkNC

MarkNC Formula Junior
    Owner

May 22, 2012
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Do you know the date of the next cars and coffee? I'll try to bring the McLaren this time for you. It's a great car.

12. nicholasn

nicholasn Formula 3

Nov 7, 2013
    North Carolina
    Full Name:
    Nicholas
    #37 nicholasn, Nov 11, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2013
    Dang, that would be awesome! You may not have noticed, but I was the guy who was wearing a gray "Car Nerd" shirt when you brought the 458 last time :D

Cars & Coffee is always the first Saturday of the month, so it will be the first Sat. of December. I'm looking here on the calendar, looks like it will be Dec. 7th at New Waverly Place (corner of Tryon Rd. and Kildaire Farm Rd.)

EDIT - I've been digging around a bit for a C&C Cary topic and didn't find one, so I think I will start a topic :)

13. Steelton Keith

Steelton Keith F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 19, 2009
    Raleigh NC
    Full Name:
    Keith Hall
    Me: red 328 GTS
    Mrs. Hall: Silverstone 430 spider.
    Dog: black Camry

14. Owens84QV

Owens84QV F1 Rookie

Oct 2, 2001
    Somewhere in NC
    Full Name:
    Greg
    Guys...for December, we are having our 6th Annual Toy Drive. We will NOT be meeting @ Waverly Place. For December, we will be meeting over at Brier Creek @ Jason's Deli and then driving to the toy drop-off location. Please see the thread I started yesterday.

15. Owens84QV

Owens84QV F1 Rookie

Oct 2, 2001
    Somewhere in NC
    Full Name:
    Greg
    CONGRATS!!!!!

16. Steelton Keith

Steelton Keith F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 19, 2009
    Raleigh NC
    Full Name:
    Keith Hall
    Thanks Greg. and for those of you who have not participated in previous Toy Drives please try to make it this year. A rewarding experience, usually good weather day, and a chance to meet and have lunch with fellow drivers. Thanks for running this again this year Greg.

17. nicholasn

nicholasn Formula 3

Nov 7, 2013
    North Carolina
    Full Name:
    Nicholas
    I'll try to make it, although Briar Creek is quite a drive from my house! But it sounds like a great event!

On a side note, is C&C officially cancelled for Dec or are you guys all going to Briar Creek? It was a bit bland last week, and as more and more supercars get garaged for the winter, there will probably be mostly tuner/muscle cars there. I'd definitely prefer to go to BC!

18. Owens84QV

Owens84QV F1 Rookie

Oct 2, 2001
    Somewhere in NC
    Full Name:
    Greg
    Brier Creek will be the better place on Dec 7th!

19. hallsdad

hallsdad Karting

Mar 6, 2010
    Cayce, SC
    Full Name:
    Steve
    I'm not in Raleigh, but not too far away. My yellow F355 GTS in the Hillsborough/N. Durham area, formerly owned by EXTREME, who was an avid Fchat person prior to selling.

I haven't been able to make a local event since owning the car but if I'm in town I'll be joining the toy drive, sounds fun.

20. racemanryan

racemanryan Karting

Dec 3, 2013
    North Carolina
    Full Name:
    Ryan Taylor
    Ok, i'm new but I love cars. I know there was a white and red Ferrari 458 in Rocky Mount. He was my best friends neighbor and I got to sit in the car! Anyways, now it is for sale at Foreign Cars Italia. He is getting a new one though.

In Raleigh, there was another white 458 but it was traded to Mercedes-Benz of Raleigh by the owner for an SLS AMG Black Series. It is now being leased in Wilmington.

By the way, I am opening a car wash business and I want to use a picture of a Ferrari or two as my logo. Is anyone willing to allow me to do a photo shoot of their car? Please comment back if you are interested. I will come to you.

21. Owens84QV

Owens84QV F1 Rookie

Oct 2, 2001
    Somewhere in NC
    Full Name:
    Greg
    Would a 308 work?

22. MarkNC

MarkNC Formula Junior
    Owner

May 22, 2012
    Full Name:
    Mark
    The toy drive is starting from the NC Museum of Modern Art on Blue Ridge Road. The Porsche club will also be there that day. There's a separate thread about it. I'm going to try to bring the McLaren but I might bring the FF if it's raining too hard. It isn't that I don't drive the Mac in the rain, I certainly would if I had to, but I just hate seeing are the rain spots for weeks afterward on my black car as I'm usually too busy to clean it. The FF however loves the rain and it needs that kind of wash anyway :)

23. racemanryan

racemanryan Karting

Dec 3, 2013
    North Carolina
    Full Name:
    Ryan Taylor
    Absolutely a 308 would work!

24. fchip

fchip Formula Junior

Jul 15, 2007
    Raleigh, NC
    Full Name:
    Chip G
    I'm in Wake Forest with one of the old 308's. Steve found me a beautiful Blue Sera 308 which is on the road every week. I am now hunting for a TDF 360 six speed. See some of you guys tomorrow at the toy drive and dinner.
    Chip

25. MarkNC

MarkNC Formula Junior
    Owner

May 22, 2012
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Great hanging with you again today/tonight Chip!