Any Mountain Bikers ? | Page 3 | FerrariChat

Any Mountain Bikers ?

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by Chicko, Sep 3, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Springbok

Springbok Rookie

Jun 15, 2011
    Drenthe, Netherlands
    I ride my bike almost everyday. I've been doing it since 1986. At that time the first American bikes arrived over here.
    I've started with a Muddy Fox Courier Comp and an Alu Team Pro
    After that I've ridden Klein bikes for a very long time. My current bike is a Seven IMX:

Yes, it's a tall bike but so am I ;-)
    [​IMG]

2. NWaterfall

NWaterfall Formula Junior

Aug 2, 2009
    The Track
    Full Name:
    Waterfall
    That sounds like one nice bike, sorry to hear about that!!!

Wow that is a tall bike!! How tall are you to ride that thing?

3. Springbok

Springbok Rookie

Jun 15, 2011
    Drenthe, Netherlands
    I'm 6'6 (1.95 m)

Tall enough??
    ;-)

4. climb

climb F1 Rookie

Sep 19, 2006
    Atlantic Beach Fl
    Full Name:
    Stuart K. Hicks
    #54 climb, Jan 12, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2012
    Just got into Mountain Biking myself.

Picked up a felt 620 just to see if I'd like it enough to justify something better in the near future.

I'm hooked.

The shop that sold me the FELT suggest GIANT for the upper level models Trance advanced X SL being the top. They say the Maestro suspension system and the wide headtube design of the Giant are the best combo. Plus Giant is a large manufacture company where Felt and Yeti are more boutique.

Nothing to crazy in my area but what like is that I can ride from my house down the beach to the local trails in a State park and come back home without putting the bike on a rack and having to drive it.

It really has become my workout and my solace. What a gift!! Love it!

Here is a video from the trails i ride (for free with no car from my house to the trails). I looks kinda lame I know but these trails are actually kind of technical in that they are very narrow and covered in big roots often right in the middle of the switchback. It's a challenge to keep it smooth and rewarding when you develop a groove.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IOu-IuRcPw4[/ame]

5. climb

climb F1 Rookie

Sep 19, 2006
    Atlantic Beach Fl
    Full Name:
    Stuart K. Hicks
    Just picked up my second bike after 5 solid months on the felt hardtail.

GIANT Anthem x2 29er.

Amazing difference with the 29er. Don't think I'll ever go back to the 26er again.
    You carry so much more speed and things you have to negotiate and work on the 26er you float over on the 29er. End up with a much smoother though still invigorating ride.

Maestro suspension is magic. Only 27lbs for a 29 full suspension too.

6. norcal2

norcal2 F1 Veteran

#56 norcal2, Mar 16, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I just got done building a new Santa Cruz Tallboy CF 29er....Im still keeping my Ventana 26er's though as i like the handling through the technical parts...so far the 29er has been fun! Im at 28lbs including the gravity dropper seat, which is a 1lb and an XL frame..
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

7. 412fan

412fan Karting

Aug 1, 2005
    Northern Plains
    I put a remote adjust seat post on my Niner, and it's probably the best bike part purchase I've made.

8. climb

climb F1 Rookie

Sep 19, 2006
    Atlantic Beach Fl
    Full Name:
    Stuart K. Hicks
    Thing looks sweet. know what you mean on the 26er. Took my old one out the other day and realised I missed the way it hooked up but after five minutes I was wishing for the 29er.

Enjoy the tallboy.

9. ITR TCHR

ITR TCHR Karting

Aug 1, 2012
    Southern CA
    I ride (all mountain and downhill) in Southern California.