Any interest in a Santa Clarita Cars-N-Coffee? | Page 8 | FerrariChat

Any interest in a Santa Clarita Cars-N-Coffee?

Discussion in 'California (Southern)' started by TrojanFan, Mar 12, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. gmaki

gmaki Rookie

Dec 20, 2015
    It makes sense the Route 66 location would be more Muscle car focused. That is pretty much the Route 66 vibe. So Princessa it is.

I already put a feeler out on Rennlist. Hopefully I'll get some Porsche people.

2. porsche racer

porsche racer Formula Junior

Jun 2, 2006
    southern california
    Full Name:
    arthur
    white GT4?

3. KM1959

KM1959 Formula Junior

Nov 12, 2014
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    Are you referring to Robert and Rafi from R2 Racing? They were at a few of them.

4. gmaki

gmaki Rookie

Dec 20, 2015
    That's me!

5. gmaki

gmaki Rookie

Dec 20, 2015
    Ok I went to Route 66 at about 9:30 this morning. There were two cars in the parking lot. both Muscle cars. Neither owner even took notice when I pulled in. Although as far as I know they may have just happened to have been there for breakfast. There was really no evidence whatsoever that there was a cars and coffee going on there.

So I am even more committed to (re)starting this one at the Princessa address.

Breakfast wasn't even that good there. I ended up watching football at Big Wangs over by my house.

So let's do this!

6. TrojanFan

TrojanFan F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 17, 2008
    So. CA & NV
    Full Name:
    Peter
    #181 TrojanFan, Dec 27, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 27, 2015
    OK. Let's try Princessa Plaza again on Jan 9th. 8:00 - 10:00 am. The address is 18500 Via Princessa. Its across the street from Costco on Via Princessa. There is a driveway at the center of the project or another one further west at the stoplight that loops you onto te access road. It's the Via Princessa off ramp from the 14 freeway.

That time of the morning Bagel Boyz is open for fresh bagels and coffee. Ay Carumba is open as well for Mexican food and the mini-market is open as well.

Let's see if we can beat the 24 cars that we had at the first gathering!

7. gmaki

gmaki Rookie

Dec 20, 2015
    You got it. I will start pushing it a bit harder on Rennlist and with some local businesses.

Thanks for hosting! and see you there.

8. gmaki

gmaki Rookie

Dec 20, 2015
    I put up a page! Sorry it is a bit Porsche weighted at the moment but as soon as I get some pics from Saturday I will rectify that.

https://www.facebook.com/santaclaritacarsandcoffee/

Go there and LIKE it! post pics from the last event. Complain to me about the layout. Whatever you want to do. Just show up!

9. TrojanFan

TrojanFan F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 17, 2008
    So. CA & NV
    Full Name:
    Peter
    Weather is looking to be good for Saturday morning. Its a chance to get out and take a short run before the rain hits us again the following week.

Who is planning to meet at Santa Clarita this Saturday? (18500 Via Princessa)

1. TrojanFan

10. 360Tom

360Tom Formula 3

May 9, 2013
    Burbank, CA
    Full Name:
    Tom

1. TrojanFan
    2. 360Tom

11. gmaki

gmaki Rookie

Dec 20, 2015

1. TrojanFan
    2. 360Tom
    3. gmaki

12. KM1959

KM1959 Formula Junior

Nov 12, 2014
    Full Name:
    Kevin

1. TrojanFan
    2. 360Tom
    3. gmaki
    4. KM1959
    5. In2smithereens

13. 256GAR

256GAR Rookie

Mar 10, 2004
    SC Valley, LA.
    Full Name:
    Gareth H
    I'm in.
    Unfortunately we may get rained out !

14. gmaki

gmaki Rookie

Dec 20, 2015
    It's possible. Right now the highest chance of rain is actually later in the morning/afternoon so we may fit into a dry window. One can hope anyway.

Of course we will have a much better idea as we get closer.

15. jwondds

jwondds Karting

Feb 8, 2013
    Purpleville, Cali
    Full Name:
    Jonathan
    Thx for keeping this alive, guys. I've sold my Italia but in the market for another.
    I cant make it this Saturday but will try the best to participate in the future.
    Have fun.

16. gmaki

gmaki Rookie

Dec 20, 2015

1. TrojanFan
    2. 360Tom
    3. gmaki
    4. KM1959
    5. In2smithereens
    6. 256 Gear

Just bumping to get this list back to the top.

Weather Forecast now says NO RAIN!! Probably will be a small event this time but we gotta start somewhere. I have a couple responses from my Pcar guys too.

Anyone got any ideas for a drive after?

17. TrojanFan

TrojanFan F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 17, 2008
    So. CA & NV
    Full Name:
    Peter
    Absolutely beautiful day in LA today. If the weather holds for tomorrow morning it should be great for a drive in Santa Clarita.

18. 360Tom

360Tom Formula 3

May 9, 2013
    Burbank, CA
    Full Name:
    Tom
    It is definitely gorgeous out. Just wonder how bad the canyons are from all this rain?

19. Xena

Xena Karting

Jun 2, 2011
    Montana
    Full Name:
    Xena
    I might join you guys

Xena

20. TrojanFan

TrojanFan F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 17, 2008
    So. CA & NV
    Full Name:
    Peter
    Let me know if you want to meet at Whole Foods in Sherman Oaks at 7:50. I'll be driving up with Chad. If anyone else wants to meet there, let me know as otherwise I'll just do a quick pass by and then get on the freeway.

21. KM1959

KM1959 Formula Junior

Nov 12, 2014
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    It was great to see you guys. Thank you to Gmaki updating the facebook page with some very cool pics.

22. gmaki

gmaki Rookie

Dec 20, 2015
    No problem. I love taking pictures of cool cars.

It may have been a slow (and cold) start but I think we can grow this thing back to what it used to be, even if you guys have to put up with some of us Germans. ;)

My goal is 10 cars for Feb 13th!

Here is the Facebook page for anyone who has not seen it:

https://www.facebook.com/santaclaritacarsandcoffee/?ref=aymt_homepage_panel

23. 360Tom

360Tom Formula 3

May 9, 2013
    Burbank, CA
    Full Name:
    Tom
    Your GT4 is beautiful. Thanks for the link.

24. gmaki

gmaki Rookie

Dec 20, 2015
    Bumping this back up to the top since the next one is coming up. I talked it up a little bit at Supercar Sunday and had a couple people say they would make it. Of course I am usually talking to Porsche People. Let's get a list started and make it bigger than last time. (which should not be that hard)

Going to be February 13th! https://www.facebook.com/santaclaritacarsandcoffee/?ref=aymt_homepage_panel

1. gmaki

25. KM1959

KM1959 Formula Junior

Nov 12, 2014
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    Santa Clarita Saturday Feb 13

1. gmaki
    2. KM1959
    3. in2smithereens