Any good TC Browne stories (about former publisher of Sports Car Graphic) | FerrariChat

Any good TC Browne stories (about former publisher of Sports Car Graphic)

Discussion in 'General Automotive Discussion' started by bitzman, May 13, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. bitzman

bitzman F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Feb 15, 2008
    Ontario, CA
    Full Name:
    wallace wyss
    I am writing up a one -timer column about TC Browne, the outrageous former editor of Sports Car Graphic. And looking for other anecdotes bourt the mn. I'm including the time he flipped his Miura and had his picture taken atop the overturned car and the time he began describing Pearl Harbor blow by blow while at a industry function attended by Japanese guests (I forgave him because after all, he had been there on Dec, 7th) Another thing I remember is that he let his engineering editor run pictures of a Mangusta going into final oversteer before spinning out, which was something you absolutely never did in car publishing revealing a car's dangerous flaws. Any other outrageous stories about this eccentric character who died in 2004?

PS I found this picture and a story about a R & T editor traveling with Browne in the entertaining website by R & T's former editor https://simanaitissays.com/

Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. ScreaminRevs

ScreaminRevs Formula Junior

Apr 4, 2004
    Chicago
    LMAO Too good!

I never heard of him though.