HOU - Any Ferrari owners around the sugarland area | FerrariChat

HOU Any Ferrari owners around the sugarland area

Discussion in 'Texas' started by death1ord, Jul 5, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. death1ord

death1ord Rookie

Feb 25, 2020
    Full Name:
    Ray F.
    Hey guys,

Recently moved to Houston, TX from NJ. I was a part of a big car community up in NJ and we use to have regular car and coffees and rallys around the state. I heard the car community here in Houston is amazing, but I am struggling to find any leads around here. I tried facebook and tried to look up any exotic car clubs or car and coffee meetups, but failed to find any. Any pointers or leads would be awesome. Would love to meet like minded enthusiast for sure.

one4torque and ahamuser like this.
  2. VAF84

VAF84 Formula 3

Welcome to Texas! Joining FCA is your best bet. Other than that, I’d probably look up the local cars and coffee and go from there.

Wish I could offer more advice, but haven’t participated much in the Houston car scene.

death1ord likes this.
  3. u2fast

u2fast Karting

Mar 22, 2009
    bellaire
    Full Name:
    barry r
    im just inside the loop on the southwest side. welcome to town. barry

death1ord and MobileJay like this.
  4. jdlegg

jdlegg Karting

Dec 22, 2009
    Bryan
    Full Name:
    James D
    FCA - Houston Chapter is fairly active. There's also a lot of other meet-up options (e.g., Exotics on Market Street in the Woodlands). Given the COVID situation, there's not much going on lately however.

5. Shark01

Shark01 F1 Veteran

Jun 25, 2005
    It’s far from the fun time it was 5-6 years ago, even before covid. Back then, you could attend multiple shows every weekend. Now the idiots with the revving and street racing during shows shut everything down.....I guess with the exception of the woodlands show, but that’s too far to drive.

one4torque likes this.
  6. blkfxstc

blkfxstc Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 30, 2016
    TX
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Maybe start a south side show since the Woodlands is the only one left?

I sure did like C&C when it was at Uptown Park and MUCH smaller with all higher end vehicles.

u2fast and Texas Forever like this.
  7. Shark01

Shark01 F1 Veteran

Jun 25, 2005
    Even at Vintage Park, even though it was ginormous, was very well run and the people were respectful. All the vandalism, wrecks, and idiot behavior ramped up when it hit Memorial, which could have been a good venue, but got out of hand quickly.

What Houston needs honestly is a closed, invitation only, private supercar show.

death1ord and blkfxstc like this.
  8. Frank_C

Frank_C F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2004
    Whistling through the wheat field in Texas
    Full Name:
    Frank Cavallo
    .......like at MSR.......

one4torque likes this.
  9. death1ord

death1ord Rookie

Feb 25, 2020
    Full Name:
    Ray F.
    I definitely don't want to be a part of stupid revving and unnecessary commotion. There are a ton of folks that make unnecessary noise and engage in childish behavior. I do not like that one bit, looking for folks who are mature, understand and can talk cars. Also folks that are respectful to each other! As much as it is hard to find such folks these days, the club I was part of in NJ were really amazing. We were over 100 strong and there were folks from all walks of life. There were meets, dinners and track days scheduled through out the year. I really had an amazing time with them and was hoping I get to meet such folks around here. Thank you for your suggestions, I will take a look @ FCA. If there is anything else going on, please do let me know. I have made a lot of connections in the past and to this day we have stayed in touch.

Definitely looking for a club/group that mostly deals with cars on the higher end with good and humble folks. Wishful thinking but hopefully they are around.

Texas Forever likes this.
  10. u2fast

u2fast Karting

Mar 22, 2009
    bellaire
    Full Name:
    barry r
    maybe we can meet up for a sunday lunch drive out of town. august is a good month for me. barry

one4torque and death1ord like this.
  11. Shark01

Shark01 F1 Veteran

Jun 25, 2005
    In the Fall each year, there is a Ferrari festival, which is very much what you are describing here, with no idiot behavior so far.

Same story with the Lamborghini festival, but that one is much more attended, a madhouse of non owners but very little idiot behavior....I just had to stop taking my car to that one because of the overcrowding.

death1ord likes this.
  12. death1ord

death1ord Rookie

Feb 25, 2020
    Full Name:
    Ray F.
    I am up for it, just let me know when :)
    May be we can create a future event and others might join in as well.

13. death1ord

death1ord Rookie

Feb 25, 2020
    Full Name:
    Ray F.
    Definitely would like to attend the festival!

14. u2fast

u2fast Karting

Mar 22, 2009
    bellaire
    Full Name:
    barry r
    i will need to get my car back first. she is getting the major performed. should be ready in a wee or two. i have a 355 spider.

death1ord and Shark01 like this.
  15. Shark01

Shark01 F1 Veteran

Jun 25, 2005
    Will you be able to afford gas after the major is done.....LOL.

Who are you using BTW?

16. u2fast

u2fast Karting

Mar 22, 2009
    bellaire
    Full Name:
    barry r
    yes. a major is painful though. Mark at Sphere motorsports is doing my major. he has performed my last 3 majors and all oil changes. Gem of a guy. If you visit his shop, it is always full of ferraris, lambos and the occasional mclaren and lotus. barry

What model of Ferrari did you bring with you from New Jersey?

dparker94348 and VAF84 like this.
  17. u2fast

u2fast Karting

Mar 22, 2009
    bellaire
    Full Name:
    barry r
    one4torque and VAF84 like this.
  18. Shark01

Shark01 F1 Veteran

Jun 25, 2005
    Mark has my Lamborghini Diablo Roadster in his shop now. I've used him for 7 years now.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

u2fast likes this.
  19. 7ven11ven

7ven11ven Rookie

Jan 25, 2020
    DFW
    Full Name:
    JASON M
    You can follow IDS Supercars and Pista Rallies on Instagram. Mike and Julie put on a few great events and rallies too. I drive down from Fort Worth a couple time a year for them.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

death1ord likes this.
  20. death1ord

death1ord Rookie

Feb 25, 2020
    Full Name:
    Ray F.
    I have a 2011 458. Don't think I'll be able to part with it ... I think its one of the best cars ever made. They don't make anything like it anymore.

Attached Files:

ahamuser likes this.
  21. u2fast

u2fast Karting

Mar 22, 2009
    bellaire
    Full Name:
    barry r
    lovely 458 with the proper color. looking forward to meeting you soon. damn covid

death1ord likes this.
  22. Shark01

Shark01 F1 Veteran

Jun 25, 2005
    Was just at Sphere, your car is on lift #1, you're living right........my car is on skid row.

u2fast likes this.
  23. death1ord

death1ord Rookie

Feb 25, 2020
    Full Name:
    Ray F.
    I look forward as well :)

24. russellmcg

russellmcg Formula Junior
    Owner

Aug 3, 2014
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Russell McGuire
    I just got a Cali and am also looking for folks to meet up with. I am in the Heights so let me know if anyone ever wants to meet.

u2fast and death1ord like this.
  25. u2fast

u2fast Karting

Mar 22, 2009
    bellaire
    Full Name:
    barry r

Well let’s all meet up soon. Hopefully my car will be home in a week or two. Enjoy the cali.

ralfabco likes this.