Any estate attorneys (Washington)? | FerrariChat

Any estate attorneys (Washington)?

Discussion in 'Northwest' started by vjd3, May 8, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. vjd3

vjd3 F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 3, 2005
    Massachusetts
    Full Name:
    Vic
    Looking for a referral, or advice ... a close friend's father passed, left her 1/3 of his estate, her brother is the executor, it was under the limit where he could just deal with it himself as a personal representative, since he is named in the will, and, predictably, he's being difficult about it, took a big $20k fee for himself, is not allowing her to see the bank statements or any records on property valuation. Basically, he's saying, "I'm in charge, this is what it is."

She asked for documentation supporting the fee and the disbursements, he refused and said "Let's play ball."

She has filed the paperwork required to object to the declaration of completion of probate before the 30-day deadline (which is today) and verified that it was received and entered by the court, but is unsure what happens next.

It's not a huge amount of money involved, but she feels he should be transparent with her and her younger sister.

2. 3POINT8

3POINT8 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 23, 2014
    whatheheck likes this.
  3. vjd3

vjd3 F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 3, 2005
    Massachusetts
    Full Name:
    Vic
    Thanks!

4. Rory J

Rory J Formula 3

May 30, 2006
    My mother just went through this with her siblings when my grandfather passed. Greedy relatives caused irreparable splits in family relations, just as I'd predicted. Good luck to your friend -- she should definitely keep pressing!