Any Ducati Diavel Owners? | FerrariChat

Any Ducati Diavel Owners?

Discussion in 'Motorcycles & Boats' started by ndpendant, Sep 3, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ndpendant

ndpendant Formula Junior

Jun 5, 2010
    Chicago- west burbs
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Would like input on how you like living with a Diavel? Getting the itch again with an empty garage. Owned USA and Japanese previously.
    thank you
    Nd

2. pingi3

pingi3 Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 27, 2009
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Quack
    I have one.. 2013 Carbon. I have had it for 6 months now.. rode it maybe 5 times. Wind protection is not very good so in the upright position, you fight the buffeting. Handles great. Very fun to ride. Don't like the key. At times it starts with the key in the pocket.. and at times it does not. So you have to get the key out (remove the gloves) or stand closer the the ignition. But over all a great bike.

3. Zxgarage

Zxgarage Formula Junior
    BANNED

Jan 21, 2011
    MD/ DC area
    Full Name:
    Zack
    Own a red carbon. Never had any problem at all. Awesome power and riding position is very comfy.
    My favorite Duc to ride daily... No question. I add the Shiftech exhaust and it sounds great.
    The handling on this bike is also amazing. I'm used to sport bikes and also big cruisers but as daily... Will be hard to beat the Diavel. Keep in mind it have a lot of power. Not for newbies.
    Be safe...

4. Dino Chang

Dino Chang Guest

Dec 29, 2012
    I have a Diavel red stripe. Its a great bike.
    Coming from a zx1400 with a mighty smooth 4, the Ducatis twin takes some getting used to. However once you have been riding it for a day or so, your riding style quickly adapts and you start playing tunes with the over run :D
    First thing i did to the bike was to replace the rear spring with one of Ducatis uprated ones. They leave the factory with a rear spring suitable for a little italian man :)

5. ndpendant

ndpendant Formula Junior

Jun 5, 2010
    Chicago- west burbs
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Thank you for taking the time to reply, Ive heard a lot about suspension and exhaust changes. Il going to take a ride soon
    thanks!

6. Todd Helme

Todd Helme Formula Junior

Apr 2, 2007
    Oviedo Florida
    Full Name:
    Todd Helme
    Have a Carbon Red as well.... It's a very nice bike... Handles okay (used to racing and supersports), its very easy to eliminate the the chickenstrips on the tire, but hard parts will touch down (with stock springs)....

Power is good, but it seems geared short.. I wouldn't call it super fast, but it's quick (again used to 180 hp/420 lb bikes). Wheelies very easy in first gear but requires a clutch to get it high in second (if that's your thing). Also, because it runs out of first gear so quickly, it kind of a a dirt bike feel....

Overall, it's a hooligan bike. It makes you want to do stupid things constantly. I couldn't be happier.

7. pma1010

pma1010 F1 Rookie

Jul 21, 2002
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Philip
    Love this post. Puts you right in the saddle. Thank you.