any boxers for sale? | Page 10 | FerrariChat

any boxers for sale?

Discussion in 'Boxers/TR/M' started by nyc, Nov 10, 2012.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Mario Pano

Mario Pano Formula Junior

May 24, 2006
    Where ever fun goes
    Full Name:
    Mario
    Anytime I see turn over in short time I can not help but to assume either a bad car or a profit motive....I smell the later.

You can never pay too much for a good car or too little for a bad one.

Mario

2. wlanast

wlanast Formula 3
    Owner

Jan 9, 2007
    Santa Ana,California
    Full Name:
    William
    So funny you mention that. I was thinking this was an early speculator seeing some room in the market. Sign of things to come, perhaps.

3. dwhite

dwhite F1 Rookie

This was not a flip situation. Maybe it's the car is too small. Regardless, my search will go elsewhere and probably will involve selling my cars first.

4. nyc

nyc Karting

Aug 23, 2010
    #229 nyc, May 23, 2013
    Last edited: May 23, 2013
    Do i qualify as a flipper if i dont make money or lose it? I am not making any money on the car as I am most likely going to sell directly to the dealer vs consign. And i think i would be worse off consigning as i would have to service and pay the commission.

As for the quality of the car it was restored by Autosport and they are going to do a major service prior to sale (all that was uncovered during their PPI - and trust me they don't go lightly on finding things to fix).

5. Mario Pano

May 24, 2006
    Where ever fun goes
    Full Name:
    Mario
    Ask me how I know you never paid sales tax on this car!

Your dealer bought the car since this is where the money came from.

Do not underestimate who is here....it is obvious this car will be for sale by the dealer you are affiliated with and you are not selling the car to them because they own it already.

Also comments about how low the values are on these cars do not help you get any real deals.

All here know they do not see anyone buy one of these great cars and be looking to sell for a loss because they do not have parking space.....again do you think owners of Ferraris do not know the difference!

These cars are appreciating as we speak and real original cars are rare and in great demand right now.

Mario

6. imblebimble

imblebimble Rookie

May 24, 2013
    Hi - I'm new member and looking at a 512BB (boyhood dream car and all that) so would appreciate a little advice on a car for sale in the UK (black with tan interior) that ticks all the boxes but has a targa top (by Autocraft). I'm going to use the car regularly but want to know if this has any real impact on driving experience, values etc. Any help appreciated.

7. nyc

nyc Karting

Aug 23, 2010
    I dont appreciate being told i skirted the law. I paid for the car with tax and its registered with plates. Perhaps the previous poster can attest to this but i dont really care anymore. I am done commenting on this and likely participating on this board. Thank you

8. dwhite

dwhite F1 Rookie

I saw the car registered. Stop all the speculation BS. Things change in peoples lives and they have to sell for whatever reason. Why does this site always have to turn into a reality show - bickering and arguing.

9. Mario Pano

May 24, 2006
    Where ever fun goes
    Full Name:
    Mario
    I never said you skirted the law,I just said you never paid sales tax because a dealer purchased the car.

When you called me on my car offering less than two thirds what sold for you never disclosed up front who you were and what you are looking to do and wasted too much of my time posing as a buyer but.....I played your game to see who you were.

I used to be in the car business ad if I called to buy a car I was always up front.

You come here posting opinions about value that are not even remotely true and posing as a buyer.

We are all here to help each other and this kind of involvement is harmful to legit members that are looking to buy a Ferrari and they do not need this.

Enough!

Mario

10. Mario Pano

May 24, 2006
    Where ever fun goes
    Full Name:
    Mario
    What is your relationship with the flipper?

Mario

11. Mario Pano

May 24, 2006
    Where ever fun goes
    Full Name:
    Mario
    My personal opinion is I would never consider such a thing.

You would not be driving a Ferrari but someones creation that is NOT Ferrari and you would suffer the consequences both in drive and value.

Mario

12. dwhite

dwhite F1 Rookie

Mario, Having read a lot of your posts, I have respect for your knowledge of Boxers, but your insinuations and speculations are troubling. Due diligence is a best practice.

13. 300GW/RO

300GW/RO Formula Junior

Nov 7, 2010
    east end LI
    Full Name:
    Jack

IMHO what is most bothersome to Mario and perhaps others is the use of this site to gleen info (any boxers for sale?) for personal profit under the ruse of "I love these cars"... etc etc. understanding that circumstances do change and we live in a free-market society (for how much longer who knows!?)....sounds as though MP had many conversations with nyc that we do not know about. However, car was listed $109k Heritage missing books, tools while needing major and who know what else.....and is now @149k.....to each his own and if nyc can turn 35k+ profit.....good for him. We all knew car was available, he pulled the trigger.

Jack

14. LightGuy

LightGuy Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 4, 2004
    Texas
    Full Name:
    David
    A friend of mine may be looking for an injected car.
    Anything come to mind ?

15. thecarreaper

thecarreaper F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 30, 2003
    Savannah
    #240 thecarreaper, Jun 8, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 8, 2013
    yes, I have a friend here in Savannah that has a very, very nice black injected car. I thinks he wants $135k ish for it. I am not sure if he is on F Chat, but I can send him your info if you want to PM me.

EDIT ..... he just sent me a text he sold the car yesterday !!!!!

Sorry.

16. AHudson

AHudson F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 7, 2005
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Adams Hudson
    I had heard of that car too as it was close to same as mine (mine's an 84, black with tan Daytona. Was that from a larger, very fine collection?).

Was going to mention the very nice white with dark red car owned by Fchatter, but that car sold last week. Steve Harris imports/Ferrari of Salt Lake City has a red car that I just noticed last night. They're a great dealer, sold me my 512TR. Ask for Michael Call.

17. godabitibi

godabitibi F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 11, 2012
    Papineauville, Quebec
    Full Name:
    Claude Laforest
    Adam, wasn't your car for sale too? Or just you thought about selling it?

18. AHudson

AHudson F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 7, 2005
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Adams Hudson
    Yes, that's what triggered the call. I had it listed with a broker, but made no real push to sell it. I'm just moving things around. The Ford GT may have found a home. The Boxer and I have bonded for 5 years, but I've got my sights on other things, so it may be next.

I just don't feel much pressure to sell, especially when the market is inching up, there's no rush. I'm going to play with it today! Happy Saturday!

19. steveirl

steveirl Formula 3

Dec 29, 2003
    ireland
    Full Name:
    steve
    I thought we had persuaded you to keep the Ford GT a little longer. !!
    What is in your sights that could replace the Boxer Adams? After selling the Pantera, I am currently without anything Italian, for the first time in ten years, and I have just bought a British bruiser now, also another first for me.
    Experience as many cars as you can, life is very short.

20. John B

John B Formula 3

May 27, 2003
    NJ
    You'll regret selling that Ford GT, don't do it!
    I've had all kinds of interesting and exotic cars, and nothing has been as exciting as a Ford GT. I'm never selling mine.

21. Vincent Vangool

Vincent Vangool Formula 3

Oct 6, 2007
    Zanskar, Kargil district, Ladakh, India
    Full Name:
    Vincent Vangool

Just curious if you have any links to this car or history?

I've been looking to find one of the first Ferraris I ever saw. A grey/red 512 that my friends father had once owned. It's last whereabouts that I know of would have been San Diego.

Thanks.

22. boxerman

boxerman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 27, 2004
    FL
    Full Name:
    Sean
    Mine came from arizona, know the owners name there. What was your friends fathers name.

23. AHudson

AHudson F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 7, 2005
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Adams Hudson
    Hey, leave me to suffer alone! I half regret it and the car's not gone yet. I am looking at other rides, understanding the 'pure excitment' might drop a tad. Yet there are many parameters.

Looking at older Lambos, E types, 993s, possibly a 360 or 550 6-speed, just playing mostly. Beauty, fun, appreciation, road car, all have merit. Have also enjoyed the Boxer tremendously as a car in all those areas. I've taken it on a couple trips, never been disappointed.