any boxers for sale? | FerrariChat

any boxers for sale?

Discussion in 'Boxers/TR/M' started by nyc, Nov 10, 2012.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. nyc

nyc Karting

Aug 23, 2010
    please PM me. Unfortunately the grey/red car in CA sold - what a car and price! Carb or FI.

thank you

2. curtisc63

curtisc63 Formula 3
    Owner

Dec 13, 2005
    Maryland
    Full Name:
    Curtis Campbell
  3. donv

donv Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 5, 2002
    Portland, Oregon
    Full Name:
    Don
    I suspect that if you talk to any reputable dealer, they could find a bunch of Boxers for you to choose from.

4. tonyswfla

tonyswfla Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 2, 2007
    Florida
    some of those cars been for sale for months....

5. ferraripete

ferraripete F1 World Champ

true but don't expect the $90k ebay bargain pricing. these are $120k ish and greater if you buy a good to great car from a dealer. only ebay and f-chat talk down the value of these thorobreds.

if you get a boxer you are in for a love affair...they are glorious machines. mine has been for nearly 11 yrs now!!

pcb

6. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
  7. miurasv

miurasv F1 World Champ

Nov 19, 2008
    Cardiff, UK
    Full Name:
    Steven Robertson
  8. nyc

nyc Karting

Aug 23, 2010
  9. ferraripete

i honestly don't know what big money is on these cars. for the best one, you could probably not pay too much and for a bad one...one could not pay too little.

i will say that these cars are starting to be subject of serious quality restorations and that will drive the values of the high end cars. the cars that have been done properly will not transact for anything less than a 2 handle. ask spitfire how much it will take to wrestle his newman restored car from his grasp?

i love these cars and always consider myself a lucky person to own one.

pcb

10. nyc

nyc Karting

Aug 23, 2010
    its hard to tell the value on these. The grey/red car at Salerno was very nice - very nice owner and well cared for. the price was fantastic. i wish i could've acted sooner.

boxers at good dealers are sitting at these prices. they are selling for <$100k at auction as well. that just may be the valuation right now.

11. nyc

nyc Karting

Aug 23, 2010
    i would pay more for a restored car. most of these are driver quality never having been restored.

12. ferraripete

i agree. the boxers are a few steps behind the dinos but like the dinos...they are now getting some high quality restos. the prices are clearly NOT in the dino range but for some reason someone always cites the cost to maintain the boxer. newsflash...all vintage ferraris are expensive to operate and maintain w/ the boxer being only incremetally moreso.

it would be interesting to see how the high end prices begin to go if any of the big resto cars trade hands? but for now, the boxers would still seem a relative bargain.

pcb

13. donv

donv Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 5, 2002
    Portland, Oregon
    Full Name:
    Don
    Most Boxers didn't have the hard lives that some of the earlier cars had, and so are less in need of restoration.

Mine is all original (except someone repainted the black bottom red), and I think it would be a shame to restore it-- I'm not sure what restoring it would get you, really. That goes for a fair number of Boxers I've seen.

14. 308gts79

308gts79 Formula Junior

Mar 20, 2007
    San Francisco/Hong K
    +1, the grey/red one also have a California Bar sticker, a bonus for CA buyer. It was sold for $83K as the seller disclosed here. I lot of car for the money...

15. MrShades

MrShades Rookie

Sep 23, 2009
    Norway
    Full Name:
    Claus Roger Schjerverud
    #16 MrShades, Nov 18, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  16. miurasv

miurasv F1 World Champ

Nov 19, 2008
    Cardiff, UK
    Full Name:
    Steven Robertson
    Isn't it just?

17. George Vosburgh

George Vosburgh F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

18. tonyswfla

tonyswfla Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 2, 2007
    Florida
    they are not sure its still for sale

19. JTR

JTR Formula 3
    Owner

Apr 26, 2005
    in a house
    Full Name:
    John
    So you're looking for a car at less than 100K?
    John

20. nyc

nyc Karting

Aug 23, 2010
    interesting question. i have been in contact with many nice people on this board. the boxer market is hard to discern. I've personally seen two fuel injected boxers recently sell in the $80s (unfortunately i hadn't sold my car yet). so i have been using that as a basis for comparison, yes.

21. JTR

JTR Formula 3
    Owner

Apr 26, 2005
    in a house
    Full Name:
    John
    Okay, thanks. Good luck in your search.
    John

22. msdesignltd

msdesignltd F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 17, 2003
    NYC. / E. Hampton
    Full Name:
    Michael
  23. wlanast

wlanast Formula 3
    Owner

Jan 9, 2007
    Santa Ana,California
    Full Name:
    William
    ^^^^^^^
    Optimsitic for sure, especially considering it is coming from a 4.4 liter motor, lol!

24. Lew L

Lew L Formula Junior

Jan 27, 2006
    I can't understand why the one at www.rpmvt.com hasn't generated more interest. It is one of the prettiest I have seen. Whie not perfect, it seems that most of it's "faults" could be easily addressed or overlooked.