Any BMW shop recommendations in Dallas? | FerrariChat

Any BMW shop recommendations in Dallas?

Discussion in 'Texas' started by greg512tr, Dec 6, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. greg512tr

greg512tr Formula Junior
    Owner

Feb 19, 2002
    Dallas TX
    Full Name:
    Greg B
    I have been using Louden's and experienced mixed results. Anybody have suggestions? Its a 1985 635CSI that won't start. Thanks, Greg

2. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    Overseas Service Haus up off Preston in Plano I think. Great place, went there for 3+ years when I lived by Addison. Louden's might be the new place I tried a couple times, is it North of 183 in mid cities. If so, I can't stand them. I can't list the dozens of problems I had in only two visits, the second time I only went back because it blew a water hose and they were the closest.

3. greg512tr

greg512tr Formula Junior
    Owner

Feb 19, 2002
    Dallas TX
    Full Name:
    Greg B
    Louden's is off I-35/Royal area. I had bad service a couple years ago and a week later they sent a follow up survey which I filled in and returned telling them the issues I had and gave them a bad rating. I got no response so I am going somewhere else now. Why ask a customer if he is satisfied unless you are going to do something about it??? Even if they would have called and said give us another chance I would have. Customer Service is dead in many businesses.

I have heard of the place in the mid-cities you mentioned as well. I think its near Mayo Perfromance. Picked up my 930 from Mayo yesterday as it needed a vavle adjustment and also would die intermittantly when driving. They fixed all the little stuff the last shop had messed up as well. Very impressed with their sevice and I hope they solved my cut-out problem. Fortunately the 930 can coast for a long time with no engine:)

4. Brian C. Stradale

Brian C. Stradale F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 17, 2002
    Dallas, TX, USA
    Nine-Eleven has done most the non-dealer service on my M3... they are very good... also very good for putting Tirerack tires on any car, though they are a bit expensive for tire installs. I take my Ferrari to them for tires. They're in the industrial area near 635 and 35, a few blocks behind the Lambo dealer.

Autoscope does a lot of work for those in the BMW club. Nerces there is very active in the BMW clubs... so, you can trust that he won't want his reputation marred there. Very clean & nice facility in Plano.

Barry Gibbs
    Nine-Eleven Enterprises
    Work: 972-241-2002
    Primary Address:
    2120 Cindy Lane
    Dallas

Nerces Mavelian
    Autoscope
    Work: 972-867-7467
    Fax: 972.612..532
    Email: [email protected]
    Primary Address:
    601 Coit Rd
    Plano 75093

5. jimpo1

jimpo1 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 30, 2001
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Jim E
    I'll second Autoscope. I took my XJ6 there for it's major service and they did a great job, at half of what the dealer wanted to charge. I sent a friend there with his BMW and he was very pleased. They are also the local Dinan dealer, so they certainly know BMW's.

6. jsa330

jsa330 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Full Name:
    Scott
    Marshall Motors 214-902-0952
    2725 Brookfield, Dallas - just east of Denton Drive, next to Love Field

They kept up my 635 CSi. There isn't a better shop for German cars in Dallas.

Louden's wouldn't give me the time of day when I called them about working on my car, and it needed some serious work - I wasn't looking for a freebie by any means.

7. greg512tr

greg512tr Formula Junior
    Owner

Feb 19, 2002
    Dallas TX
    Full Name:
    Greg B
    Thanks for the replies...Spook, I had the same experience at Louden's, seemed like he had more business than he needed and could care less about getting my car in or even responding to my concerns the last time in.

Darn thing won't start, I have put fresh gas in, recharged battery, replaced main relay, and sprayed starting fluid in it. Time for somebody who knows what they are doing to fix it. I am going to check the fuel filter tonight just in case.

8. JimSchad

JimSchad Guest

speaking of...my 740iL needs an oil change. can I just go to a quick lube or do I need to go to a BMW place? hate to pay a premium for oil ya know.