Any 575m owners replace car stereo lately? | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Any 575m owners replace car stereo lately?

Discussion in '456/550/575' started by colamclean, Jan 30, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ifeelfree0

ifeelfree0 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 26, 2014
    Medina, Ohio
    Full Name:
    Dan
    I passed on the radio and invested in Fabio’s full exhaust system. Sings like Pavarotti! OK- Pavarotti is t that good and couldn’t hit those 6k rpm notes!

2. dsd

dsd F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 19, 2006
    Northern Virginia
    They also do Jaguars. I am very happy with my Pioneer 1DIN flip out CarPlay unit.

Bas likes this.
  3. Themaven

Themaven F1 Rookie

Nov 2, 2014
    Eastdown
    Full Name:
    Darius
    Did you change the speakers also? And do you have the standard speaker setup (2 in the doors, 2 by rear pillars) or more?

4. dsd

dsd F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 19, 2006
    Northern Virginia
    As far as I know, it’s stock speakers/setup. The car was specd with the factory 1din Nav but that was gone when I got the car in 2007. I’ve been through a number of head units always looking for features. Finally CarPlay exists on a 1Din. Sound is very good but again more into features.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

m5shiv likes this.
  5. Themaven

Themaven F1 Rookie

Nov 2, 2014
    Eastdown
    Full Name:
    Darius
    Okay, many thanks for that. I intend to have my dealer fit the new unit along with a service due next month (assuming it stays open) so will update then.

6. SoftwareDrone

SoftwareDrone F1 Veteran
    Sponsor Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 19, 2004
    San Jose, California
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Yes. There is a way to upgrade your amp without demolishing the interior. Just unplug your factory booster (in the trunk) and replace it with this:
    https://scuderiaaudio.com/product/575m-super-amplifier/

MODS: Rob has graciously allowed direct answers to direct questions. However, if this post in any way deviates from the rules of the forum, please delete immediately. Thank you.

Themaven likes this.
  7. hwyman

hwyman Formula Junior

Jun 25, 2015
    Canada / Los Angeles
    Blaupunkt Bremen SQR 46. I put one in my 550 and love it, looks period correct as well and utilizes the Becker ISO plugs. I took it further by putting in a Focal Impulse 4.320 amp with the ISO wiring harness. This is plug and play and gives a clean 4x55 watts. Amp fits in the center console. Swapped the speakers for the Focal ISO series speakers... made in France units. All in all spent about 1500 now have a fully reversible stereo that looks OEM and can all be returned to OEM in about an hour.

dhalperin13, Themaven and NE550 like this.
  8. Themaven

Themaven F1 Rookie

Nov 2, 2014
    Eastdown
    Full Name:
    Darius
    Thanks. I bought 4 Focal speakers for my 430 to replace stock speakers. Big improvement but they could take being driven by a better stock amp, so more upgrades to come. I will try it on the 430 and then apply to the 575.

I hadn't heard of Focal before, good speakers.

white out likes this.
  9. white out

white out Formula 3

Mar 3, 2010
    I've been eyeing McIntosh head units. I think their style goes really well with the 575 interior.

10. hwyman

hwyman Formula Junior

Jun 25, 2015
    Canada / Los Angeles
    I think they stopped making them Nick, you'd have to go used. Those also don't have a built in amp from what I know

11. white out

white out Formula 3

Mar 3, 2010
    Yeah, I was looking used.

12. ferraridriver

ferraridriver F1 Rookie

Aug 8, 2002
    Bay Area Calif.
    Full Name:
    Dave
    I have a Blaupunkt Toronto 420BT two knob classic look that has BT, is plug and play but they quit making them

13. AVIMAX

AVIMAX Formula Junior

Aug 5, 2014
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    I went with a Continental CD7416UB-OR, I think it is also available under the brand VDO. I like it because it looks similar to the original Becker unit and it has bluetooth phone and audio. The track forward and back buttons even control Spotify on my iPhone! I had to swap the always hot wire and the hot with key wire in the connector to work properly. Otherwise, plug and play.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

14. ferraridriver

ferraridriver F1 Rookie

Aug 8, 2002
    Bay Area Calif.
    Full Name:
    Dave
    I like this one :)

15. Auraraptor

Auraraptor F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Sep 25, 2002
    MO
    I went with an OEM 599 headunit. Here is a photo from when I first installed it. Not entirely sure if has bluetooth or anything. I don't actually use it very much.

16. docapl

docapl Formula Junior

Apr 26, 2002
    SF Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Anthony
    Did you set up the Navi on this? If so, where did you place the GPS antenna?

Thanks

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat

17. Auraraptor

Auraraptor F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Sep 25, 2002
    MO
    Nope. I just linked it to the oem changer and called it a day.

18. docapl

docapl Formula Junior

Apr 26, 2002
    SF Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Anthony
    LOL. That is exactly what I did because the GPS antenna looked like it was going to be nearly impossible to install where it is supposed to be in back and I could not find a good alternative spot to mount it.

Auraraptor likes this.
  19. dhalperin13

dhalperin13 Karting

Mar 26, 2021
    Full Name:
    Dan
    @white out
    Do you have a model # for the McIntosh? I've searched the interwebs and can only find their new Jeep system.

20. Themaven

Themaven F1 Rookie

Nov 2, 2014
    Eastdown
    Full Name:
    Darius
    Update: I swapped out my factory head unit for a new single din Alpine head unit (slotted right in). We swapped in Focals for speakers front and back.

it sounds pretty good. The positioning of the speakers and purity of what is generated make the 575 a good place for clear, crisp music. Particularly good for classical and jazz.

A good solution for a low-cost. But if you like punch, big bass and so on, I would suggest upgrading to Mike’s system.

dhalperin13 likes this.
  21. greg246

greg246 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 2, 2004
    Sydney,Australia
    Full Name:
    Greg
    I recently went the other way. A previous owner had fitted an Alpine head unit which bugged me as it wasn’t “Original” looking. I sourced an OEM unit and replaced all the speakers with Kicker KSC50. They’re a perfect fit. And the sound is more than adequate (Deep Purple’s Highway Star sounds great :) )

As you can see in the pics, the OEM speakers were all trashed and literally fell apart

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

22. greg246

greg246 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 2, 2004
    Sydney,Australia
    Full Name:
    Greg
  23. Themaven

Themaven F1 Rookie

Nov 2, 2014
    Eastdown
    Full Name:
    Darius
    Very interesting. I have my OEM head unit still so that's a good thought for originality plus functionality one day.

24. red360

red360 Karting

Dec 25, 2006

Can you post pics of the front side of the door panel with the speakers installed? Did you use the Kicker speaker cover or were you able to use the oem cover?