Another Metro Detroit cars and coffee | Page 3 | FerrariChat

Another Metro Detroit cars and coffee

Discussion in 'North Central - USA (MI, IN, OH, KY, WV)' started by Jakolman, Feb 28, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. AxerJk

AxerJk Formula 3

Jan 28, 2009
    Livonia, MI
    Full Name:
    Chris Ashworth
    Ahh ok, thanks!

Chris

2. MuttGrunt

MuttGrunt Karting

Mar 3, 2010
    SE Michigan
    Full Name:
    Marc Harris
    Thats the word on the street - a truly mint R34 and a sick W8 TT being driven by some crazy dude I met at Cars & Coffee ;)

3. suggett48116

suggett48116 Formula Junior

Oct 23, 2007
    Brighton,Michigan
    Full Name:
    Carl
    W8tt will be trailered if rumor is correct!! but always hope he will drive it.

4. kestrel74

kestrel74 Rookie

May 8, 2007
    #54 kestrel74, Apr 14, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  5. suggett48116

suggett48116 Formula Junior

Oct 23, 2007
    Brighton,Michigan
    Full Name:
    Carl
  6. AxerJk

AxerJk Formula 3

Jan 28, 2009
    Livonia, MI
    Full Name:
    Chris Ashworth
    #56 AxerJk, Apr 26, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Oh wow, I've seen that R34! I saw it at the Edsel Ford Estate last summer at an event called "Eyes On Design."

I also saw a Skyline GTR in Astoria, New York a couple years ago. Here are some pics:
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

7. nthfinity

nthfinity F1 Veteran

Mar 21, 2005
    South East MI
    Full Name:
    Isaac not Issac
    #57 nthfinity, May 1, 2010
    Last edited: May 1, 2010
  8. AxerJk

AxerJk Formula 3

Jan 28, 2009
    Livonia, MI
    Full Name:
    Chris Ashworth
    Just got back from there, not too many cars there. Someone told me it was postponed, and the people that showed up were the one's that didn't hear about that.

Chris

9. photonut

photonut F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 16, 2007
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Joel
    john: i just sent you a pm!

10. jett40

jett40 Rookie

Nov 3, 2009
    mi
    Full Name:
    john
    photo nut,

thank you for the info.

john

11. AxerJk

AxerJk Formula 3

Jan 28, 2009
    Livonia, MI
    Full Name:
    Chris Ashworth
    The weather is supposed to be nice this Saturday. I went to the one in Troy on May 1st, but very few cars were there because of the storms.

So this will hopefully be my first time seeing a non-canceled Cars & Coffee!

Chris

12. DSrugis

DSrugis Rookie

Mar 7, 2010
    Hey Chris,

Please note 2 things. The event in Troy (Caribou Coffee) is first Saturday of every month therefore the next one will be June 5th. Also, we are working on finding a new location because of land lord issues at this lot. We will post when the new location is available. Keep in mind that the Autozone show @ 14 and woodward is every Saturday.

Dave

13. AxerJk

AxerJk Formula 3

Jan 28, 2009
    Livonia, MI
    Full Name:
    Chris Ashworth
    Yep, the Autozone is the one I'm considering going to this Saturday, and I'm aware that the Troy one is the first Saturday. But thank you for making sure, I appreciate it!

Chris

14. DSrugis

DSrugis Rookie

Mar 7, 2010
    Finally getting somewhere with defining a new location. Started a discussion on the facebook page so feel free to respond there or in here ( http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=333991937331&v=app_2373072738#!/topic.php?uid=333991937331&topic=13931) :

Since we don't have access to a poll, I figured we could use the discussion board for people to chime in with their thoughts. Here are the two best options we could come up with for our new location:

1) Kart 2 Kart @ 18.5 mile and Van Dyke. We could change the name to Cars, Coffee, and Karts :). Kart 2 Kart would love to have us and would open early for us. They don't have breakfast available but they do have coffee along with other beverages. They also have 175 parking spots available and we are open to use their facilities. They have their own lot so should be no issues with other customers complaining or the police. Could be a lot of fun talking cars and then doing a couple laps to let people back up their claims.

2) Anton's restaurant on Big Beaver and Dequindre. Fellow car guy who has about 60~70 spots available. Tables are available for sitting for those who would like to go inside and there is a drive up coffee stand. Lot is shared with other businesses but the owner says he has hosted car meets before with no issues from police. He said we are welcome to use the facilities also and he would offer us a 10~15% discount.

Discuss away...

15. nthfinity

nthfinity F1 Veteran

Mar 21, 2005
    South East MI
    Full Name:
    Isaac not Issac
    I have to say, K2K would satisfy the far east enders moreso.

16. DSrugis

DSrugis Rookie

Mar 7, 2010
    The people have spoken and the new location has been chosen. It will be at Kart 2 Kart. K2K will be opening early for us, will allow us to use their facilities, have karting available, and we are working on having coffee too. Hope everyone can make it to the next meet. Let's pack the place!

Dave

17. jett40

jett40 Rookie

Nov 3, 2009
    mi
    Full Name:
    john
    is this every saturday or first saturday of the month ?.

18. DSrugis

DSrugis Rookie

Mar 7, 2010
    Right now it is first Saturday of every month. We will see how it goes...maybe we will change it to every Saturday.

Dave