Announcing 2nd Annual Mason/Dixon Rally!!!! | FerrariChat

Announcing 2nd Annual Mason/Dixon Rally!!!!

Discussion in 'Mid-Atlantic Region - USA (PA, DE, MD, DC, VA)' started by turbos7903, Sep 8, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. turbos7903

turbos7903 F1 Rookie

Mar 16, 2006
    delaware
    Full Name:
    jon walton
    Announcing!!! The second Annual Mason Dixon Rally!!
    Date Saturday October 6th Rain Date Saturday October 20th
    Start time 10 AM
    Estimated total time of the event 4 hrs including lunch.
    Staging location will be at the same location as last year.
    The Iron Skillet restaurant in the Flying J truck stop off I-95.
    The rest stop is the very first Maryland exit if your heading South on I-95 just yards past the Delaware Tollbooth or it is the very Last Maryland Exit before you hit the Delaware Tollbooth heading north. The Flying J truck stop is located on the northbound side of I-95. This is significant because there are truck stops on both sides of I-95 at this exit.

The purpose of this rally is to bring together all the enthusiast from the Southern reach of our community together with the Northern reach of our community to one event typically held in the waning weeks of the driving season. Last year’s event, the first ever, accomplished just that by hosting 47 people for a 100 mile back road extravaganza through the back roads of Northern Maryland and South Eastern Pennsylvania. Well you’re in for a treat this year.

This years event will take place roughly in the same geographic location BUT….the route has been designed so we cross no less than eight covered bridges, stop at a beautiful park at noon time for a picnic lunch (bring your own lunch) and conclude at a farm which serves homemade ice cream made from the cows they raise on the farm. Oh and in between some of the most rural roads you can imagine. Sound like fun?? I plan to make it the rally to remember and get you through the long winter months of driving the minivan back and forth to work!!

No RSVP is needed and there is no cost to the event. Just show up and drive and have fun.

I plan to make more announcements with exciting additions to enhance the fun factor as the days and weeks progress. Spread the word!! Literally every car enthusiast and Marque is invited so spread the word

PS to the fine men and women in uniform pledged to serve and protect that may be monitoring this site….This is not a race or a high speed event.

2. NomadM3

NomadM3 Formula Junior

Aug 26, 2005
    Philadelphia, PA
    Full Name:
    Damon
    In!

1) Damon (G35 Coupe)

Let's try to keep this list going so we can get an accurate head count.

3. jimangle

jimangle F1 Rookie

Nov 5, 2003
    Haverford
    Full Name:
    James
    Dending on what happens with work, I'm in.

Jim

4. SGM

SGM F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Sep 27, 2006
    Rockville, MD
    Full Name:
    Steve
    In!!

And I will be driving the speed limit as I usually do :D

5. dm_n_stuff

dm_n_stuff Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

This "run" is not an officially sanctioned FerrariChat event!!! It is however, going to be attended by the mod who started all the "run" trouble, me. :D Don't shoot the messenger please.

The speed limit will be observed at all times during this run. right??

Do we want 2nd Annual Mason/Dixon tees? I can probably whip some up prior to the run, and deliver them to all attendees at the beginning of the day.

I think, for simplicity, we'll go with two sizes Large and XL, one color, (Blue or Gray, of course) and a design to be shown later in the weekend, if I can get on the computer and design something tonight.

I'll put the tee on fchatstuff.com later tonight. Preorders only. Paypal only. No credit cards please.

Stay tuned right here for details.

Dave M.

6. 355dreamer

355dreamer F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 3, 2006
    DC Metro
    Full Name:
    L.C.
    I'm about ninety percent sure I'm in. Dave, how about a dark blue t shirt?

7. turbos7903

turbos7903 F1 Rookie

Mar 16, 2006
    delaware
    Full Name:
    jon walton
    OK so far we have
    Jon 550 Barchetta
    Dave Dino
    Luke 355dreamer 355
    Jim AKA:three pipe jims 308
    Damon G35
    Steve SCMDCFG 355

8. ^@#&

^@#& F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Feb 27, 2005
    IN!

Noah (335i Coupe)

9. bst1

bst1 Formula 3

Aug 13, 2005
    MARYLAND
    Full Name:
    BARRY T
    I have never missed one! Count me in!

10. zebra308

zebra308 Formula 3

Jan 14, 2004
    All Flimmits
    Full Name:
    Ruffis Leekin
    Jon,
    I had a blast last year.. count me in.

Question for you.. would the farm be Bloom and Bloom on Rt 543 near Bel Air?

11. dm_n_stuff

Lifetime Rossa Owner

#11 dm_n_stuff, Sep 8, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    JUST SPOTTED~!!!

An original Mason-Dixon run photo from the archives. this may put into doubt the notion that this is a new idea. Apparently we're not the first ones to have this annual event.

DM
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

12. Red4RECAT

Red4RECAT Formula Junior

Jun 5, 2006
    MD
    Full Name:
    Cyndi T
    I would love to join again this year (in my 360 this time). However, I would suggest a few "Road Rules" ahead of time. Last year several cars had passengers recording video. This is NOT a bad thing....BUT when the "camera car" tailgates, passes on the shoulder, records license plates while discussing the speed (or exagerates it) etc... this becomes DANGEROUS!

13. holminator

holminator Formula 3
    BANNED

Jun 3, 2005
    Washington, DC
    Full Name:
    Prince Falafel
    +1. All of the points made were valid. We just need some ground rules so we can concentrate on having fun. One of these "camera cars" tailgated me and I had some concerns as well. As I remember, Red4RECAT, you almost got wacked from someone going on the shoulder to pass another car on the right, almost going into your right side. Not acceptable.

14. JoeT

JoeT Karting

Jun 16, 2007
    Naples, FL
    Full Name:
    Joe T
    Maybe baby; depends on my travel schedule. As the date gets closer I can be more precise.

15. dm_n_stuff

Lifetime Rossa Owner

I don't think that particular offender will be un attendance this year. And of course we learn from our mistakes, right?

There's not gonna be any misbehaving on this year's run, not that there really was last time, either. No stupid stuff, and no wacky camera guys thinking they can do what they want, where and when they want.

This is a fun run, not a run for the roses. No winners and losers, just a bunch of guys out enjoying the countryside.

DM

16. dm_n_stuff

Lifetime Rossa Owner

And guys, just so there's no confusion on this point, I would remind you all of the latest addition to the TOU.

"Increasing attention is now being paid by law enforcement to street racing, and claims of driver recklessness, or worse, on Internet chat groups. All of us have experienced the visceral thrill of driving on the edge. Hopefully, as we mature, we confine it to the track, or to sanctioned events where we do not put others in harm's way.

We cannot, as a community, encourage reckless driving behavior on public thoroughfares, any more than we would condone drunk driving, or other activities which put not just the driver, but others, at mortal risk.

Therefore, F-Chat reserves the right to remove any postings that inappropriately encourage or glorify reckless driving behavior on the streets. Persistent posting of such material may subject such users to temporary or permanent suspension of posting privileges on F-Chat, without limiting the other steps F-Chat may take or may be required to take, under compunction of law."

I didn't write this addition. And I appreciate how much fun we all have in here, but I need you all to be mindful of it as we discuss the M/D run.

thanks,

dave

17. ^@#&

^@#& F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Feb 27, 2005
    Jeez dave, are we gonna have to wear helmets and pads too? My god you are becoming the safety patrol! Patrol the boards to keep rob's money safe.

18. bst1

bst1 Formula 3

Aug 13, 2005
    MARYLAND
    Full Name:
    BARRY T

Agree 100%.
    Don't want an idiot in a Nissan wrecking my gorgeous Ferrari!

19. dm_n_stuff

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Just maxi-pads, apparently.

20. turbos7903

turbos7903 F1 Rookie

Mar 16, 2006
    delaware
    Full Name:
    jon walton
    Dave, How did you get the spy photos of the route????
    Jim Zebra308 no the farm is not bloom and bloom
    I will make sure I have conversation with anyone planning to film this event. Probably will lean towards not allowing any film crews to participate. This is not to say that an individual participant cant run a video camera in there own car but wont be allowed to leave the formation of cars to film other cars in the caravans.

OK so far we have
    Jon 550 Barchetta
    Dave Dino
    Luke 355dreamer 355
    Jim AKA:three pipe jims 308
    Damon G35
    Steve SCMDCFG 355
    Barry 355
    Cyndi 360 Modena
    Joe Zebra 308
    Noah BMW 335i
    Tony The holminator Porsche

21. dododge

dododge Karting

Sep 24, 2006
    Does the route this year include any tollbooths?

22. mondialmerle

mondialmerle Karting

Nov 9, 2003
    Egg Harbor Township,NJ
    Full Name:
    Merle Graham
    In for sure.Do we end at Woody's again? 86 Mondial Coupe with daughter.MM

23. wetpet

wetpet F1 World Champ
    BANNED

May 3, 2006
    I'm gonna speed!!!!!