And then the detailer backed into my Dino | Page 6 | FerrariChat

And then the detailer backed into my Dino

Discussion in '206/246' started by dm_n_stuff, Apr 16, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. TonyL

TonyL F1 Rookie

Sep 27, 2007
    Norfolk - UK
    Full Name:
    Tony
    Looking at the 1st photo, who can honestly say they would rather buy a new one.

I wouldn't and haven't. Dino everytime

Tony

2. tk951

tk951 Karting

Jan 9, 2004
    DeBary, FL
    I clearly do not know how concours competitions work....

Would you not lose points (a boatload I would Imagine) because the original color was white? Would they not check the stickers, or history of the car to verify that?

Oh, the car looks incredible, but I am wondering why you didn't go back to the original color. It seems to me that there would be significant "dimished value" for a car that was repainted more than once, and still wasn't the correct color.

Anyway, congrats on the project. Amazing what a little ding led to.

t.

3. dm_n_stuff

dm_n_stuff Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

No penalty for non-original color in the interior or exterior.

Dinos don't have paint code stickers. But for Ferrari concours, original color doesn't matter. Just original equipment.

4. Texas Forever

Texas Forever Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    Verry nicceee!

Dale

5. Bryanp

Bryanp F1 Rookie

Aug 13, 2002
    Santa Fe, NM
    as long as the color currently on the car was offered as an original color, there is no deduction. i.e., a pink dino wold get a deduction

6. dm_n_stuff

dm_n_stuff Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Bryan.

Where would they draw the line on that at a concours? I've seen about six shades of fly yellow on 70's vintage cars, and none that I know of have ever been swatted for being incorrect.

Also, could you not order the car from the factory in just about any color you wanted? Granted, it was special order, but I seem to recall somewhere seeing an article that talked about custom colors being able to be ordered.

Even the Dino register has some question marks behind some of the color codes they list.

Dave

7. tx246

tx246 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 4, 2003
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Shawn
    dave,

not only do you have variations in colors that have been redone, but you have cars that were repainted before being delivered to their first owners. porsche guys get more hung up on this than ferrari guys. the kardex's have created ideals, ferrari was never that organised. i still have the ridiculous thought that i can even determine the original color of one of my dino's. it is a 72 coupe (03930). one source says it was originally maroon, another the light brown color - marrone. i personally think light brown is a better likliehood, but can't say for certain. anyone want to help out?

until ferrari can confirm/deny records openly, we all have a problem with the original colors.