An older 911 for a college car? | Page 2 | FerrariChat

An older 911 for a college car?

Discussion in 'Porsche' started by Husker, Jul 22, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. WPOZZZ

WPOZZZ F1 Veteran

Aug 22, 2012
    Honolulu, HI
    What college is that? USC? SMU?

2. Alcav5

Alcav5 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2012
    Scarsdale, NY
    Full Name:
    Al
    My 2 cents.
    I posted elsewhere that we are leasing my son a Stelvio, so far so good . This year he's a sophomore and will be able to have it at school.

Got it during end of last year lease deals , maybe still going on .

3. Tcar

Tcar F1 Rookie

Unbelievable.

4. Andial

Andial Formula Junior

Jun 19, 2016
    University of Toronto. Lots of international students from China.
    The cars I listed were just Porsche 911s. In terms of Ferraris I have seen a GTC4Lusso, FF, California T, California, 458 Italia, 488 GTB, and 488 Spider.
    There are also plenty of Lamborghini Aventadors, Huracans, McLaren, Rolls-Royces, Bentleys, Aston Martins, and the like.

5. WPOZZZ

WPOZZZ F1 Veteran

Aug 22, 2012
    Honolulu, HI
    Damn! No need to study with that kind of cash flow. lol

6. johnireland

johnireland F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 19, 2017
    Los Angeles, CA
    Full Name:
    John A Ireland
    I doubt that one out of a million female college students would be interested in the Porsche compared to a car she can pile her friends in. I also doubt that most college girls have the attention span to drive a Porsche or a Ferrari. These are physical cars...not an extension of a bathroom mirror. And I doubt 1 in ten million college girls would ever check the oil or tire pressure or even wonder when the next service was due.

All this said, a Porsche 996, especially the first generation, 996.1 1998/9 to 2001, are absolutely great dollar value and fun/performance value. I recently came to the reality that Ferraris (any model) will not be visiting my wallet limits anytime soon. So I started looking at 996s. I ended up with this one...paid absolute top Bring a Trailer dollar for a car that has had every major issue dealt with in terms of maintenance or upgrades. Price just under $26k for a C4.

It is more than fast enough and absolutely a pleasure to drive.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

Devilsolsi and Texas Forever like this.
  7. LARRYH

LARRYH F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 3, 2011
    virginia usa
    I have no idea where she is going to college at but make sure there is an alpha dealer around if that is what you get her .. but I got my daughter a new Lexus NX 300Fsport she loves it and it is safe ... I also agree with the people that suggested a Subaru Outback I have owned a bunch of them and currently have several in our family zero issues and super safe..
    The most important thing to me is safety and reliability for my daughters......

Husker likes this.
  8. Edward 96GTS

Edward 96GTS F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    toyota rav4

LARRYH likes this.
  9. Andial

Andial Formula Junior

Jun 19, 2016
    With modern cars, you are notified when a service is imminent. I will attest to the fact that there are female college students that drive Porsches and Ferraris. I would be hesitant to make such disparaging comments in the future.