America Rocks the Vote ?? (What a joke) | FerrariChat

America Rocks the Vote ?? (What a joke)

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by FLATOUTRACING, Nov 4, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. FLATOUTRACING

FLATOUTRACING F1 Rookie

Aug 20, 2001
    East Coast
    Full Name:
    Jon K.
    My wife made me watch the Democratic debate this evening on CNN entitled "America Rocks the Vote".

if this is any indication of the quality of Democratic leadership, you Liberals are in deep ****. Make no bones about it I am not praising the Republican leadership either but if tonights debate is any indication.......

The Democrats are TOAST.......DEAD ON ARRIVAL!!!!

Through the first 30 minutes Kerry, Edwards, Sharpton (must be related to Don King), Kusinivich (Pee Wee Herman look alike), Clark (turncoat General), and Mosley Brown (Mrs. Touchy Feel Good ) all debated the following topics which are very important to the economy and jobs (the only topic that decides the election).

1) The Confederate flag and Howard Dean's comments
    2) Why the Red Sox should have pulled their starting pitcher
    3) Which candidates preferred the Mac over the PC
    4) Why we should make Cuba a bigger issue

Over the course of the next 45 minutes we had even more important issues like....

1) Americorp funding
    2) Boxers or Briefs which did each candidate prefer
    3) Which of the other Democratic candidates would each Democrat party with
    4) Why the UN is properly qualified to take over Iraq and how Kofi Annan should be taking over world policy
    5) Which candidates previously smoked WEED!!!!!!!! (Hell I thought some of them smoked weed before this debate judging from their answers).
    6) Gay and Lesbian issues

And of course we are all going to get smaller more efficient government, better education, better environment, better medical care, full employment (apparently Mr. Kucinivich hasn't taken a Econ 101 course), perfect social harmony, elimination of all discrimination, and UTOPIA folks!!!!!!!!!!!!

They all sound like used car salesmen!

What wasn't talked about........

THE ECONOMY!!!!!!!! Gee do you think maybe 7.2% GDP growth might have the Dem's running scared. Only Joe Liberman was asked a question about this and his response was typical canned Liberal BS.

I am not voting next year of the resident idiot in the White House but I am not voting for any of the Democratic Boneheads either.

That's the great thing about being Libertarian...... I win no matter who gets elected since it's 100% guaranteed to be Bush or a Democrat. I can continue to rant a rave about the ineffectual policies for the Rebuplicans or the Democrats since my party will never get someone in the White House.

Man the Dems are a sorry lot. The current administration presided (notice I didn't say caused) over the loss of a couple of trillion in stock market wealth, a recession, the loss of 3.3 million jobs,.....................

And all the Democrats can debate is the CONFEDERATE FLAG and why the Red Sox should have pulled their starting pitcher.

Utterly pathetic.

My prediction is that by Summer of next year the economy will be chugging along at a good pace, some of the jobs will be gained back, and Iraq will be off the radar scale.

If the Dem's can't mount an attack NOW, by next Summer they will be TOAST.

Anyone else watch the debates!!!

Regards,

Jon P. Kofod
    1995 F355 Challenge #23
    www.flatoutracing.net

2. FLATOUTRACING

FLATOUTRACING F1 Rookie

Aug 20, 2001
    East Coast
    Full Name:
    Jon K.
  3. Kds

Kds F1 World Champ

John.....

I watched 15 minutes of it last night and was utterly bored. There is something about a bunch of politicians "pandering" to people that turns my stomach.

If anything, the blatant left wing agenda of the Democrats is becoming glaringly obvious, something that at the end of the day will be their undoing, even if they had a charismatic candidate.

4. JOEV

JOEV F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 6, 2003
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Joe
    I saw it too and it was very disappointing. My cynical observations are here http://ferrarichat.com/forum/showthread.php?t=589.

In general though, of all these folks, only two have a chance, and I have the same chance as three of them and I'm not even running :)

Partisan politics "dumbs" everything down so you can jam people into their respective pigeon holes, and force-feed the public with catchy sayings and slogans.

Did you catch their 30 second spots that they were showing? Just crap.

It was weird to see them turn on each other though, e.g. everyone piling on Howard Dean for some irrelevant rebel flag comment.

BTW - I don't know if this is true or not, but I read somewhere that Gen. Clark said that if Karl Rove had returned his calls, he would've been a Republican!

Two points: 1) Again, partisan politics sucks, and
    2) How did Karl Rove become so incredibly powerful?

5. jonesn

jonesn Formula Junior

Nov 2, 2003
    STL-MO
    Full Name:
    Evan "Trouble" Jones
    Don't you get it? It's part of the right-wing conspiracy! Clark did talk to Rove, he told him to run as democrat so that he could make their party look that much dumber. That's the way this game works. C'mon people, work with me.

6. randall

randall Formula 3

Nov 2, 2003
    Portsmouth, VA
    Full Name:
    Randall
    "all the Democrats can debate is the CONFEDERATE FLAG and why the Red Sox should have pulled their starting pitcher.
    Utterly pathetic"

I'm not sure which is more pathetic, that they waste so much time on these topics or that Americans are so hung up on these topics. I watched Fox news for a while today and all they could talk about was the confederate flag comment. From what I've seen nobody cares about the issues, or if they do they really don't want to see any real amount of action taken on the issues.

I know 3 guys now that got out of the Navy and moved to SE Asia because they feel ALL politicians will never act to better the country, but rather just act to stay in office. They feel they're better off living overseas, where they won't see all their tax money wasted. Another guy is going to be moving there, but is writing a letter to all the members of congress before. I'll get a copy and post it later, it's pretty well written and has some great ideas in it. I'd love to hear the views of everyone on here regarding it.

7. ralessi

ralessi Formula 3

May 26, 2002
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    Rikk
    I don't see what this is going to do? No matter how "bad" our system is, it is still the best in the world.