Amazing Testarossa Drawing! | Page 7 | FerrariChat

Amazing Testarossa Drawing!

Discussion in 'Europe' started by Wolfgang, Mar 25, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. enzo360

enzo360 F1 Veteran
    Consultant

Aug 1, 2004
    Belgium
    Full Name:
    Jurgen Durand
    You guys inspired me, so with a piece of paper, pencil and megalots of patience I came up with this:

2. Bugattiart

Bugattiart F1 Veteran

Mar 8, 2004
    Denmark/USA/UK
    Full Name:
    Carsten Christiansen
    Hey.... that's VERY nice work :) .....is this the first car drawings that you made??? This could end up in fantastic drawings..... just keep up the great work :) :)

Best Regards

Carsten

3. ForzaFerrari

ForzaFerrari F1 Veteran

Jul 25, 2003
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Waldo
    look very good indeed! :) well done!

4. enzo360

enzo360 F1 Veteran
    Consultant

Aug 1, 2004
    Belgium
    Full Name:
    Jurgen Durand
    Well, to be honest it took me about 10 drawings to get the hang of it. I would certainly not post those first ones!!!!Lots of rubbing and correcting. But after some time it started to come and these came as an end result.
    Before I did some drawings of birds ( in a galaxy far, far away, a long time ago) and nothing as technical as cars. The perspective and angles were the hardest parts. Had some different angled pics of cars as a refference, but hey I succeeded, even my oldest son recognised a Ferrari in them.

5. enzo360

enzo360 F1 Veteran
    Consultant

Aug 1, 2004
    Belgium
    Full Name:
    Jurgen Durand
    Some years ago I received a see-trough drawing from a Daytona by Mr James Allington himself. I still wonder how he did that!?

6. Bugattiart

Bugattiart F1 Veteran

Mar 8, 2004
    Denmark/USA/UK
    Full Name:
    Carsten Christiansen
    You're doing great until now...that's for sure!!! :) My Compliments :)
    See through???? These drawings where you can see all the technics and parts and pieces through the car???? WOW...I would never do those.....I simply don't know how they can have patience to do such drawings....I have a friend(Also an Automotive artist) Rens Biesma in the Netherlands, who also does these Technical drawings where you can see everything through the bodywork of the car.....I simply don't get it, how he do these??????????????? :confused:.... So for me..... I will just continue down the road and style I've developed for my drawings thru many years of drawing now!!!! :) ;)

Best regards

Carsten

7. enzo360

enzo360 F1 Veteran
    Consultant

Aug 1, 2004
    Belgium
    Full Name:
    Jurgen Durand
    Yep, one can see all the parts. Here's a print of it(the part the fits into my scanner anyway) of it Ferrari Owner Club UK issue 112. I've got an original hanging on the wall!

8. Bugattiart

Bugattiart F1 Veteran

Mar 8, 2004
    Denmark/USA/UK
    Full Name:
    Carsten Christiansen
    Hi again gents :)
    This is my latest creation to be uploaded soon in my new Ferrari art gallery at my website: http://www.bugattiart.com along with the Wolfarossa-mobil, the 308 GTSI, the 330P4 and the 250 GT SWB! This is the 1962 250 GTO of H Ibing of Germany!!!......The Ferrari art gallery is steady growing now, and I must admit that I quite love to do Ferraris as well as the Bugattis, so I guess it will just keep on growing....more is allready under "construction" ;) Also to be uploaded soon in a brand new gallery is a Maserati 3200GT "Banana Tail light" and further the Miura SV-J will be uploaded in the Automotive legends gallery..... :)

Best regards

Carsten

9. Wolfgang

Wolfgang F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 8, 2003
    Heidelberg, Germany
    Full Name:
    Wolfgang
    Wonderful Carsten!
    Very impressive; I love the shadows of the clouds on the hood.
    Damn, you realy got it!

10. Bugattiart

Bugattiart F1 Veteran

Mar 8, 2004
    Denmark/USA/UK
    Full Name:
    Carsten Christiansen
    @Wolfgang,
    Thanks buddy....:blushing: I found a new challenge in doing these reflections in the hood!!! I try to do my best every time....that's the challenge in these drawings for me, and the reason why I can't stop....I just have to outdo myself......have to do better next time :) :) Almost like a one man sport.....it's not about the time.....it's all about the performance!!!

Yours

Carsten

11. Bugattiart

Bugattiart F1 Veteran

Mar 8, 2004
    Denmark/USA/UK
    Full Name:
    Carsten Christiansen
    I'ts been a while since I last had time and energy to make some new drawings, but at last I pulled myself together and started doing some new things again!!! I must admit that I really missed doing this, so now I will try to force myself to keep it it up!!! It's kind of difficult to explain, but it's like I get something from drawing, that I really need to feel complete!!!

Well enough about my feelings, here is my latest work in the first stage, and as shown at http://www.forzarossa.com :) I hope you like it, and I will upload more pics as the work progresses!!! :)
    I have plans to make a series of all the "Great" 250s, so it's only natural to continue with the famous 250LM after the previous 250 GT SWB competizione and the 250 GTO!!!

12. mr.modena

mr.modena Formula 3

Nov 6, 2003
    Czech republic
    Full Name:
    Jaroslav Hanus
    I love this car. GREAT work!

13. Bugattiart

Bugattiart F1 Veteran

Mar 8, 2004
    Denmark/USA/UK
    Full Name:
    Carsten Christiansen
    Thanks Jaroslav, :)
    Here another project I'm working on alongside the 250 LM and others: An early Lamborghini Countach LP400, which IMHO is the purest form and indeed the most beautiful in the Countach model-range......aside from the prototype of course, which was even more pure and beautiful!!!
    This drawing is also far from finished. It still needs many hours of drawing yet!
    Updates may follow later :)

14. Gimme Fuel

Gimme Fuel F1 Veteran

Mar 15, 2003
    In my 348
    Full Name:
    Paul (Norway)
    HEY Bro.
    Nice work...reeeeealy nice, make some copys and bring them to MD 05 and I'll buy a bunch of therm....perhaps....
    Fantastic stuff.....
    Try to put on some wider rear tires in the Countach...just MHO :)
    Keep it up...I love your drawings...
    BTW I've got some 250 LM's in my garage right now.....(the small garage) ;)

15. Bugattiart

Bugattiart F1 Veteran

Mar 8, 2004
    Denmark/USA/UK
    Full Name:
    Carsten Christiansen
    Thanks Pål, :)
    BUT... a "REAL" Countach is not supposed to have wider rear tyres than these, so I'll just leave them in this dimension as is and as supposed to fit an early Countach LP400 ;) A countach is not supposed to have spoilers and or fender-extensions or wings or whatever....this is the Countach at it's best.... just MHO!!! :)
    If I made the rear tyres wider, it would not end up being the car that I'm actually trying to make a drawing of, now would it??? ;)

Best

Carsten

16. alx355gt

alx355gt F1 Veteran

Feb 3, 2004
    Belgium
    Full Name:
    Alexander
    Like I already said on Waldo's site, great work again Carsten! Really looking forward to see the final result...

BTW, you know, the next time we meet ;) I didn't forget...

17. Bugattiart

Bugattiart F1 Veteran

Mar 8, 2004
    Denmark/USA/UK
    Full Name:
    Carsten Christiansen
    @Alexander, ;) Yes I know you did'nt forget!!! Thanks Alexander, just saw your comment today at Waldo's site...(Blushing)!!!

18. Wolfgang

Wolfgang F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 8, 2003
    Heidelberg, Germany
    Full Name:
    Wolfgang
    Hi Carsten-Grave-Digger;)
    where have you found this "old" thread;)?

Wow, thats wonderful to see you working again on your drawings.
    I`m also amazed about the tyre size of the Countach. Are you sure???????
    And it realy needs a lower-kit;)

KEEO ON!

Wolfgang

19. Scuderia CC

Scuderia CC Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2003
    France
    Full Name:
    Christophe
    Hi Cartsen,

Glad to find you Cartsen. Once again it is excellent work... really of superb drawings, it's always a great pleasure of discovering them!

Best regards

20. Bugattiart

Bugattiart F1 Veteran

Mar 8, 2004
    Denmark/USA/UK
    Full Name:
    Carsten Christiansen
    Thanks Christophe and Wolfgang, :)

Here we go with the progress made so far on the early Countach LP400, which was from the factory equipped with rather narrow rear wheels and tyres compared to the later LP5000 QV!!! I prefer to look at these early models with no of later gimmicks added....like rear wing, wide bodies and spoilers and so on, which only disturbes the original and very pretty design....IMHO ;) :)

21. Bugattiart

Bugattiart F1 Veteran

Mar 8, 2004
    Denmark/USA/UK
    Full Name:
    Carsten Christiansen
    ....And here is step 2 of the 250LM :)

22. Bugattiart

Bugattiart F1 Veteran

Mar 8, 2004
    Denmark/USA/UK
    Full Name:
    Carsten Christiansen
    A new day with yet more progress on the 250 LM :)
    This time also with a close up of some details!
    Tomorrow will probably see some more progress on the Countach as well :)!!!

Best

Carsten

23. Dino 208gt4

Dino 208gt4 F1 World Champ

Jun 24, 2003
    European Union
    Full Name:
    Roel
    Incredible nice artwork,
    Hat off for Carsten !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

24. Wolfgang

Wolfgang F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 8, 2003
    Heidelberg, Germany
    Full Name:
    Wolfgang
    Carsten,
    try, please try to make an exhibition at you local & where you are working SHELL station!!!!!
    I`m sure you can sell your drawings at the SHELL for a XXL price!

(gimmi 5% for the idea:D)
    ;)

25. ForzaFerrari

ForzaFerrari F1 Veteran

Jul 25, 2003
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Waldo
    wow, great Carsten! :) ...think I'm gonna use one of these pics again on my site ;) :D