Amazing Test Drive Video | FerrariChat

Amazing Test Drive Video

Discussion in 'General Automotive Discussion' started by Driven1413, Oct 9, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Driven1413

Driven1413 Formula Junior

Aug 14, 2004
    South Shore, MA
    Full Name:
    Alex
  2. 96impalaSS

96impalaSS F1 Rookie

Dec 8, 2003
    Hell
    Full Name:
    Chris
    My friend and I did the same thing with a Brand new Mach 1 and Z28. Once your in the driver seat theres no way to get you out.

3. darth550

darth550 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    Algar did!!!

DL

4. damcgee

damcgee Formula 3

Feb 23, 2003
    Mobile, AL
    I've test driven cars that way a few times, but never when I had the salesman with me!

Edit: after watching it again, that makes me feel really bad for the salesman. He seemed nice enough, an those guys just took advantage of him and screwed him. You know he took heat on that, though I doubt he lost his job. That just shows no respect at all. Its like legal theft.

5. gentry

gentry Guest

the only time ive ever dogged a car was with the salesman with me and at his behest.

I test drove the SRT-10 Ram and it was the first time the salesman had been out in one and he told me to get on it and light up the tires, so I did. You could smell the smoke the entire drive, it was great.

6. lotustt

lotustt Formula 3

Aug 28, 2002
    Full Name:
    TRM
    Thats brilliant. So the next time a genius does that and actually goes to buy a car that some other genius abused during a test drive buys that car and then wonders why it runs like crap and has problems, well that will be because these smart guys have no respect. Is it necessary to do that to a car you dont own and possibly ruin it for a person that actaully will end up buying it....

7. SupercarFreak

SupercarFreak Formula Junior

Feb 22, 2004
    Kensington, MD
    Full Name:
    Alex S.
    To make you guys feel any better, that *******/comedian apparently bought the car 2 days later.

cheers

8. Admiral Thrawn

Admiral Thrawn F1 Rookie

Jul 2, 2003
    Hahaha, great video! The ending was a forgone conclusion. :D

9. Brigitte

Brigitte Guest

Jan 16, 2004
    Redondo Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Brigitte
    The guy test-driving the vehicle is clearly crazy and with no regard for others property.

I would have called the authorities and attempted to seu the driver for damages. Of course I would have asked him to pull over and get the **** out after the first 3 minutes of disrespect.

I really don't know what more to say.

10. damcgee

damcgee Formula 3

Feb 23, 2003
    Mobile, AL
    I don't know what the law would be regarding this, but they would have no shortage of evidence :)

11. MarkPDX

MarkPDX F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Apr 21, 2003
    Gulf Coast
    I dunno about this one.... Before I got the Vette I looked at both a Cobra and Saleen convertibes... What a bunch of jerks.... I was ready to do a big burnout on the salesmans face.

12. Viper 10

Viper 10 Formula Junior

Nov 16, 2003
    Manhattan Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Brad Chang
    Two more future candidates for the Darwin Award. The test driver is an idiot with absolutely no self respect or understanding of consequences. The salesman is an idiot who should have stopped the test drive when he wouldn't provide a drivers license. Both don't understand the consequences of their actions.

Where would liability have fallen if this guy damaged the car, gotten into an accident or hurt someone? What would have happened if this idiot car jacked the vehicle? What happens if you are the customer that buys the car and finds out that the tranny and differential are shredded? This just validates why you don't buy cars off of a used car lot (period).

If I were the general manager at this dealership, this sales dork would have been fired and working at McDonalds shoveling french fries for the rest of his days. Unfortunately, this is about the standard IQ level of the sales dorks in dealerships and used car lots.

What do you think the chances of this video being staged and the test driver is probably the dealership owner's kid?