Amalgam Collection - Questions for the manufacturer. | Page 9 | FerrariChat

Amalgam Collection - Questions for the manufacturer.

Discussion in 'Collectables, Literature, & Models' started by AmalgamCollection, Oct 4, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. AmalgamCollection

Sep 23, 2016
    Bristol, UK
    Full Name:
    Amalgam Collection
    @David C did you order the Orange Miura directly from us in Bristol? I see in our schedule that there is one allocated to a US dealer already finished, and another ready in November, but at the moment it is not allocated to anyone. Please drop my sales support guys Josh and Richard a line to [email protected] and mention you were chatting to me here so they can answer in detail. SandyC

2. AmalgamCollection

Sep 23, 2016
    Bristol, UK
    Full Name:
    Amalgam Collection
    Will do, probably won’t have pics until model is nearly finished. SandyC

3. AmalgamCollection

Sep 23, 2016
    Bristol, UK
    Full Name:
    Amalgam Collection
    Regarding what is in production it’s a good point and I am going to suggest to our scheduling and web team that we create a new page on the website that shows models coming through and when they are projected to be finished. It will show new models in the development pipeline, and new batches of older models that have not been available for a while. Getting onto it now. SandyC

4. AmalgamCollection

Sep 23, 2016
    Bristol, UK
    Full Name:
    Amalgam Collection
    Meantime some important new models coming through......

5. AmalgamCollection

Sep 23, 2016
    Bristol, UK
    Full Name:
    Amalgam Collection
    Amalgam launch the 812superfast at 1:8 scale - orders for bespoke models being taken now for delivery before the Christmas holiday. SandyC

furmano likes this.
  6. AmalgamCollection

Sep 23, 2016
    Bristol, UK
    Full Name:
    Amalgam Collection
    Amlagam's new perfectly detailed model of the 512 BBi at 1:8 scale is in development and first examples will be ready late this year. Orders for bespoke models taken now can be delivered just before the holiday. SandyC

7. AmalgamCollection

Sep 23, 2016
    Bristol, UK
    Full Name:
    Amalgam Collection
    Amalgam's first 488 Challenge models at 1:8 scale are ready to deliver in the next week. Orders for bespoke team livery models being taken now for delivery in 8 weeks. SandyC

8. AmalgamCollection

Sep 23, 2016
    Bristol, UK
    Full Name:
    Amalgam Collection
  9. rickytmk

rickytmk Karting

Jan 10, 2006
    Hi Sandy, Joshua and Richard
    I wondered what's the total parts count for 1/8 288GTO and F50 I wondered ?
    Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

10. -CD-

-CD- F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 7, 2005
    near the Nürburgring
    Full Name:
    Christian
    Hi Sandy,

thanks for info.

400 hours is still so much that i can't follow but no problem... :)

New question, i see infos about the limitation anymore!?

Image Unavailable, Please Login

11. rickytmk

rickytmk Karting

Jan 10, 2006
    Also I wondered why the hardtop was not included for the F50?

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

12. David C

David C Karting

Jul 29, 2014
    SandyC: two messages sent to your sales and support email from your previous message-one over a week ago- another today. Have yet to receive any shipping notification of the completed replica model, dealer has not been notified either.

13. AmalgamCollection

Sep 23, 2016
    Bristol, UK
    Full Name:
    Amalgam Collection
    David C: so that I can follow up please forward me the emails you sent to the team to [email protected]. Thanks SandyC.

14. AmalgamCollection

Sep 23, 2016
    Bristol, UK
    Full Name:
    Amalgam Collection
    I’m going to check the exact parts count for 288GTO and F50 on Monday and get back to you. I’ll also check with Leo and the development team about the hard top. Back on Monday.

15. AmalgamCollection

Sep 23, 2016
    Bristol, UK
    Full Name:
    Amalgam Collection
    You mean the limited edition number on the plaque? Normally there is, this model was shot before an edition number was allocated to it. We have a new plaque design since this was shot, we’re re shooting all models so the new version will appear on the website before too long including the edition plaque.

16. Rosey

Rosey F1 Rookie

Nov 5, 2015
    Australia
    Full Name:
    Mark R
    Hey SandyC, you guys do amazing work. I have a platinum winning 1989 328 GTS (ABS spec) in Rosso Corso and was just wondering if you guys have ever modelled one of that model before (sorry if already been asks and answered) and if so what options do I have in terms of size of an exact replica of my car. Photos of my car can of course be provided as required.
    Thanks

17. rickytmk

rickytmk Karting

Jan 10, 2006
    Thanks! Looking forward to your reply

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

18. John.D

John.D Formula Junior

Jan 15, 2009
    France
    I have a question to ask you realize your deacl yourself?

19. bwshihtzu

bwshihtzu Formula Junior

Mar 22, 2014
    Arizona
    #221 bwshihtzu, Nov 6, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2017
    @AmalgamCollection Is the Pagani Huayra Roadster still under consideration as a 1/8 scale model? I will have enough money to buy one in first quarter of 2018 and I would love to own it! You know that there are a lot of collectors who would like to own a large scale replica of Pagani's masterpiece especially if there was an option to choose the exterior and interior colors. My dream spec would be a Blu Elettrico like tinted carbon fiber with the red interior shown in the press release for the Huayra Roadster and matching red calipers and silver wheels.

20. AmalgamCollection

Sep 23, 2016
    Bristol, UK
    Full Name:
    Amalgam Collection
    You are making my mouth water :) We are in discussions with Pagani to make the Huayra BC Roadster and if that goes ahead we can certainly make such a bespoke model for you. Just giving them a nudge now! SandyC

bwshihtzu likes this.
  21. AmalgamCollection

Sep 23, 2016
    Bristol, UK
    Full Name:
    Amalgam Collection
    Hi, we are considering developing the 328, so it’s good to hear that you would be interested, that will lend weight to the argument that we should go ahead! Can you drop a line to [email protected] so that we can get your enquiry on the record and keep you updated about progress on starting the project. SandyC

22. AmalgamCollection

Sep 23, 2016
    Bristol, UK
    Full Name:
    Amalgam Collection
    We always develop the artwork ourselves and sometimes we print ourselves, but mostly we hand over to a few trusted suppliers that we can choose from. SandyC

23. AmalgamCollection

Sep 23, 2016
    Bristol, UK
    Full Name:
    Amalgam Collection
    Hi Ricky, we counted the parts list for the 288GTO and there are 1150 parts in the model. The F50 will have a similar number. Just to say something more about this aspect of the models.....the parts count is not a great indicator of the complexity or man hours that create the intrinsic value in any model. You could for instance have a single part, the body of the car, that has very complex finishes with much masking and many different colours and decals to be applied. That is just an example but for sure the number of parts is not the most important thing in understanding or estimating the value of the model, although it is interesting!

Regarding the hard top on the F50 I spoke to Leo about that: the model is already one of the most complex we have ever made in terms of opening parts due to the way these work. He considered making the hard top option but there is a change in the bodywork with a different panel being put in place behinf the cockpit for the open condition when the hard top is removed. He considered that the increased cost and price implications made this not a feasible option unless someone is willing to fund the development of this option. So in short we could do it but it would be quite an expensive option and we’d need to quote for it separately. SandyC