458 - Am I looking for a unicorn? | Page 2 | FerrariChat

458 Am I looking for a unicorn?

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by Texastonka, Jan 21, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

?

Does this 458 build exist?

1. Yes I've seen it

2. No way Jose!

3. It is for sale here....

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. IloveGT

IloveGT Formula 3
    BANNED

Oct 17, 2015
    None of the carbon is important at all and can be added aftermarket. Get the car with good history, right color combo, and the right seats, and go from there. If after driving the car a month, you still want the carbons and know you recover any of the money you pay for the carbon, then just go ahead and buy them.

Simple enough.

2. IloveGT

IloveGT Formula 3
    BANNED

Oct 17, 2015
    F*ck! Another one of those. I will stop replying to newbies.

tomc likes this.
  3. noone1

noone1 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jan 21, 2008
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Mike
    LOL. Highly doubt you'll find that specific spec. Fortunately you can probably add the majority of those options yourself. It won't be worth it and it will cost you a fortunate, but you could be able to add all that CF stuff after you find the exterior/interior combo you want.

4. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Hopefully some place nice.
    Full Name:
    A.B
    Usually the case when people don't get the response they wanted. Makes me think of threads where people ask an advice, and as soon as you tell them that what they are planning may not be a great idea etc. they start to argue and have a thousand reasons why you're wrong and they are right. Why the **** ask if you don't want to listen and know better than the rest of us. Go figure.

5. Cigarzman

Cigarzman F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Vanished , like a fart in the wind. Pulled an Andy Dufrense .

Staylor33813 likes this.
  6. 1cerberus4u

1cerberus4u Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 13, 2004
    Bedford NH
    Full Name:
    andy sanborn
    Pretty much the spec of my 458... But its white.... And, I'm not sure I'd sell it.... The spec (or pretty close to it) exists... That said, other than seats (easily changed) an wheels (not diamond) it's pretty much there....

I was lucky, I wanted white, and a lot of carbon as OP wants.... Found it... and for the record, I don't call it a unicorn... even though its white... LOLl!!

Texastonka likes this.
  7. tomc

tomc Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Confirmation bias

Maybe some other "in the hunt" person can benefit from the knowledge. One can hope.

T

Cigarzman likes this.
  8. Ianjoub

Ianjoub Formula Junior

Dec 22, 2019
    Homosassa, FL USA
    Full Name:
    Ian Joubert
    I have known forum owners who start threads and never return under the same user name just to get some action going.

If the thread is informative and/or entertaining, then who cares? I do understand the concept of feeling like you offered advice for nothing and wasted your time, but I don't feel that it is so. Others who never sign up will be reading your words on into the future. You have contributed to the collective knowledge. Be happy with that!

Cheers :D

9. Ianjoub

Ianjoub Formula Junior

Dec 22, 2019
    Homosassa, FL USA
    Full Name:
    Ian Joubert
    I went through that with purists on an MG forum once. I was mildly amused....

Photosuckit kind of f*d the thread.

https://www.mgexp.com/forum/mg-midget-forum.3/1973-midget-build.1645751/

10. Texastonka

Texastonka Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 22, 2015
    San Antonio TX
    I'd prefer a driver. Willing to pay a premium for the perfect car

11. Texastonka

Texastonka Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 22, 2015
    San Antonio TX
    Tough crowd. Wow. So I check the forums once a week or two and don't live on them. My apologies.
    Some very good posts and I appreciate the words of encouragement and also the links to aftermarket suppliers of CF options, those are great ideas.

For those that say just buy one and drive it? No. I'm looking for a nice daily so the options are part of that. I've driven several and prefer the ride of a 458 as a small daily over other models. If I wanted a 'machine' I'd jump in one of the Vipers, the 458 barely has more torque than a mustang. The 458 is a beautiful pice of art and that is why I want it, it is far from a 'machine'. I also won't be trading it in on a F12, just adding another to the garage. If the new V8 cars were not forced induction I would be ordering new.
    So let the bashing begin, or actually continue the bashing. Gotta love the 'I've been on the forum forever and post daily so I'm the cool guy' keyboard commandos.

I'll continue my search and again Thank You for those that offered actual answers and ideas. The links to help locating aftermarket parts vendors to help my ideal build be a reality we're very helpful.

tomc likes this.
  12. blkfxstc

blkfxstc Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 30, 2016
    TX
    Full Name:
    Eric
    I know Texastonka personally, definitely a vehicle guy, and definitely busy running a business.

Texastonka likes this.